Bitcoin Forum
September 28, 2026, 09:08:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin prediction: $200K (according to the math)  (Read 293 times)
Lucius
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7822


A swap that needs a hand? zeto.cash@proton.me


View Profile WWW
May 24, 2025, 02:10:45 PM
 #21

I like that math (although I never liked it in school), and unlike various speculations that are not supported by anything, this one does have some basis from which the price of $200k was ultimately set. Regardless of the fact that it is just speculation, at this point I think that $200k is an achievable value considering that Bitcoin as an investment is gaining popularity in many parts of the world, especially in the US where politics has created a very positive climate for cryptocurrencies.

I'm only interested in when (if) it will reach the point that there will no longer be enough BTC on the market to satisfy all the demands that are increasing more and more. Some say it could happen soon (which is a relative term), and some say we'll have to wait at least another cycle (if such a thing is even in play).

By the way, a little support for math on the way up Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg65413422#msg65413422



EL MOHA
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1274
Merit: 514



View Profile
May 24, 2025, 02:43:06 PM
Merited by Lucius (1), Abbatty (1), AYOBA (1)
 #22

I like that math (although I never liked it in school), and unlike various speculations that are not supported by anything, this one does have some basis from which the price of $200k was ultimately set. Regardless of the fact that it is just speculation, at this point I think that $200k is an achievable value considering that Bitcoin as an investment is gaining popularity in many parts of the world, especially in the US where politics has created a very positive climate for cryptocurrencies.


I think there is absolutely no one that can actually deny the fact that bitcoin is going to $200k valuation but the question about this speculation by OP is the timing of the market reaching such value in 2026/ 2027, personally one thing I hold on to when predicting the bitcoin market is the historical trend of bitcoin, personally I feel like this is one of the most near accurate stats that bitcoin market follows, then there is the whole reality of bitcoin volatility reduction which is another metric to use in determining the future price of bitcoin.

Bitcoin has currently is just 90% move from its current ATH to the $200k, this pump can easily be attained even this considering that bitcoin had moved more 20% in the last one month, but realistically the volatility of bitcoin this days is reducing and as such a 90% move up wouldn’t come easily in less than a year in my opinion due to the regular sell orders on certain prices and should the market fails to get to $200k before the year 2026 I f do not see it getting there again until months close to the next halving due to the historical trend that a year after the bull run year is a bearish year (2026) and then the year after (2027) corrects the prices dipped in the later year.

So bitcoin realistically getting to $200k could be a thing of 2028 except historically it changes trend this time

mrust_mobile
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 399
Merit: 302



View Profile
May 24, 2025, 02:46:29 PM
 #23

Have you used chatgpt to make that calculation? I wouldn’t be surprised if you did because It does some amazing calculations and forecasts. The plus subscription is worth every penny.

AoBT
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
│
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
█
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.
JOIN US
│

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
██████████▀██████████████
█████▄▄███████▄▄▀████████
█████████▄▀▄██▀▀█████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████▀████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
█████

██████████
.
HIRE US
│
mcdouglasx (OP)
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1064
Merit: 679



View Profile WWW
May 25, 2025, 04:47:32 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2025, 05:00:00 AM by mcdouglasx
 #24

We can estimate that Bitcoin would reach $200,000 between late 2026 and the first quarter of 2027 based on its historical growth trajectory.
The real market is not a problem from a children's math book. Smiley For the accuracy of your calculations, there are many unknown variables from the surrounding world that are not included.

Obviously, it doesn't work this way, and there are many factors that influence the price, but it's interesting, at least for me, to look at it from a mathematical perspective.
Naturally, this doesn't work, because the cryptocurrency market is a chaos of unknown variables that are purely mathematically impossible to estimate. The final price of bitcoin will be affected by events ranging from geopolitical, economic, and ending with social. For example, how do you mathematically measure such a value as an investor's faith in the future growth / fall of bitcoin? But this is an extremely important parameter that can cross out all your mathematical calculations.

Far from being simple math for children, as some suggest, the compound annual growth rate is frequently used in the crypto world, especially due to market volatility, as it helps average out growth.

This is not intended to predict the future, it's purely statistical analysis, which is commonly applied in crypto and finance, particularly in volatile markets.

So I don't understand why you say, "The real market is not a problem from a children's math book. Smiley" in a mocking tone, when these are everyday formulas.

Have you used chatgpt to make that calculation? I wouldn’t be surprised if you did because It does some amazing calculations and forecasts. The plus subscription is worth every penny.

It's just the CAGR formula, every crypto and finance website uses it, of course in an extended way.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██



██
██
██
██
██
██
██



██
██
██
██
██



██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████▄▄███████▄▄
████▄███████████████▄█████▄▄▄
██▄███████████████████▄█▄██▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄██████▄
█▄███████████████████▀▄█████▄▄███████████▄█▀▀▀██▄██
▄███▐████████████████▄▄▀███▀███▄██████████████▄███████
████▐████████████████████▀██▄▀██▐██▄▄▄▄██▀████▀▀███▀▀▀
███████████████████████▌▄▄▄██▐██▐██▀▀▀▀████████████
███████▌█████████▐██████▄▀██▄▀█████████████████████▄
▀██▐███▌█████████▐███▀████████▄███████████▀███████████
█▀█▐███████████████████▀▀▀███▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀
██▀███████████████████▀█▄██▀
████▀███████████████▀
███████▀▀███████▀▀
██
██


██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██


██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 
   ⚡ FAST    🔒 SECURE    🛡️ NO KYC        EXCHANGE NOW      
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██


██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
_BlackStar
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1300


View Profile
May 25, 2025, 10:05:12 PM
 #25

I don't really focus on what the annual return percentage for bitcoin is - I don't think it's easy to guess. Even a good analyst still has a hard time determining the exact price - but some previous data from both cycles and some others can be a supporting reason to make an analysis. I tend to like to use the 4-year cycle as a reference in analyzing prices between cycles - but I'm not sure about the exact price either.

Regardless of what the price goes to - I only plan to sell when my investment plan has been met. Of course I may re-set the investment plan after some time - that's because I believe that the bearish cycle for bitcoin will still be there after the bull run ends.
mirakal
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1319


EagleSwap.to | Crypto Exchange


View Profile
May 25, 2025, 10:53:08 PM
 #26

Think no more my friend! there is no exact mathematical formula that can prove Bitcoin will reach $200k by 2026 or early 2027. I wish market works on math laws and historical events but it doesn't. Years ago I was having the same thought but now mentality has changed.

If I haven't learn anything in this trump regime, I have at least learned that cycles, formulas, charts don't drive the market, it is now policy, power and perception. The Trump administration and their polices have show me who really influences the market the most, it is the government polices, institutions, and political play.
I wouldn’t say what you’ve mentioned are right nor wrong. Bitcoin just proves how unpredictable it is. That sometimes it is aligned with Trump’s policies, but on the other days, bitcoin seem so totally annoyed with how Trump’s administration is going on. So I can half agree and half disagree with your point, Agbamoni.

But as per my observation, bitcoin price cannot be done in math. It’s still a game of speculation. And sometimes a game of supply and demand.

        ▄▄████████▄▄ 
    ▄█▀           ▄▄▄ ▀▀███
▄██                 ███▄▄███
██████▄                   ▀███▄
▀  ▄██▀                 ▄███████
  ▄█▀  ▄█   ▄      ██▀        ▀██
▄█▀▄██   ██    ██               ▀
██████  ██   ██       
█▀    ██  ██   ▀█▄     
        ██    ██     ▀█▄▄▄▄█
        ▀██    ▀█▄     ▀▀▀▀ 
            ▀█▄     ██▄        
❰❰  EagleSwap  █▀▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄▄█
❱❱
⚡FAST & SECURE
✨24/7 SUPPORT
        ▄▄████████▄▄ 
    ▄█▀           ▄▄▄ ▀▀███
▄██                 ███▄▄███
██████▄                   ▀███▄
▀  ▄██▀                 ▄███████
  ▄█▀  ▄█   ▄      ██▀        ▀██
▄█▀▄██   ██    ██               ▀
██████  ██   ██       
█▀    ██  ██   ▀█▄     
        ██    ██     ▀█▄▄▄▄█
        ▀██    ▀█▄     ▀▀▀▀ 
            ▀█▄     ██▄        
GreatArkansas
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1527


Bitcoin Fixes It


View Profile WWW
May 26, 2025, 01:12:09 AM
 #27

I don't really focus on what the annual return percentage for bitcoin is - I don't think it's easy to guess. Even a good analyst still has a hard time determining the exact price - but some previous data from both cycles and some others can be a supporting reason to make an analysis. I tend to like to use the 4-year cycle as a reference in analyzing prices between cycles - but I'm not sure about the exact price either.

Regardless of what the price goes to - I only plan to sell when my investment plan has been met. Of course I may re-set the investment plan after some time - that's because I believe that the bearish cycle for bitcoin will still be there after the bull run ends.
This is how long-term perspective works, and I agree to this. Annual or less than is too short, and it will just make you stressed if you think your investment in Bitcoin is for this.

This is why I tend always to accumulate for cheap Bitcoins, DCA is our friend during these times.
Lucius
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7822


A swap that needs a hand? zeto.cash@proton.me


View Profile WWW
May 26, 2025, 01:21:07 PM
 #28

This is how long-term perspective works, and I agree to this. Annual or less than is too short, and it will just make you stressed if you think your investment in Bitcoin is for this.
This is why I tend always to accumulate for cheap Bitcoins, DCA is our friend during these times.


Cheap compared to what? People make such comparisons all the time, but they actually buy for such small amounts that a thousand dollars up or down doesn't mean much. I know people who said that BTC was a ponzi scheme when it was worth a few hundred $, that it was too expensive when it was worth a few thousand $, and that today it is extremely expensive and they can't afford it.

DCA is a good method for those who have a plan and stick to it, but let's be honest and say that 95% of people will lose their money when it comes to any risky investment, for one reason or another.

WatChe
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1073



View Profile WWW
May 26, 2025, 04:59:05 PM
 #29

I wouldn’t say what you’ve mentioned are right nor wrong. Bitcoin just proves how unpredictable it is. That sometimes it is aligned with Trump’s policies, but on the other days, bitcoin seem so totally annoyed with how Trump’s administration is going on. So I can half agree and half disagree with your point, Agbamoni.

But as per my observation, bitcoin price cannot be done in math. It’s still a game of speculation. And sometimes a game of supply and demand.

I have said so many times and still repeating that it's very difficult to predict future price of Bitcoin. There were so many Bitcoin price predictions in the past that have gone wrong. I don't think any mathematical formula can predict future price of Bitcoin. We saw Bitcoin price falling sharply when there is tariff standoff between USA and China but same Bitcoin didn't pay much attention when USA threaten to impose 50% tariff on EU. It's best in our interest to keep accumulating Bitcoin for long term duration without paying much attention to Bitcoin price speculations.     

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!