Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:59:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Animals Leaving Yellowstone? Earthquakes and Seismic Activity  (Read 2088 times)
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:23:13 PM

BitChicksHusband had a basset hound when he was young that could predict earthquakes.  The dog would make really strange noises right before one hit.  Don't underestimate the ability of animals to predict things we can't.  Who knows, the Bison might be smarter than scientists. Wink

What your dog would predict is called the "P Wave", which arrives faster than the "S Wave"  that does all the damage.  We can detect these P Waves as well, but we don't have much time between the warning and the shaking.

Man evolved to be the smartest creatures on this planet.  Bison are idiots (i.e. dank) in comparison.

Man is the smartest creature on this planet?  If you scale the length of time earth has been here down to 46 years, we have been here for 4 hours and destroyed 50% of forests within one minute since the industrial revolution.

Real smart.  Creating nuclear bombs and housing enough to destroy the world 40 times.  Real smart.  Committing genocide amongst our own race.  Real smart.

Destroying earth is real smart nowadays I suppose.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 11:25:22 PM

Man is the smartest creature on this planet?  If you scale the length of time earth has been here down to 46 years, we have been here for 4 hours and destroyed 50% of forests within one minute since the industrial revolution.

Real smart.  Creating nuclear bombs and housing enough to destroy the world 40 times.  Real smart.  Committing genocide amongst our own race.  Real smart.

Destroying earth is real smart nowadays I suppose.

So what?   Man is still the smartest creature on the planet, with some obvious exceptions.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:32:49 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 11:51:02 PM by rdnkjdi

Wow - I worked there for six months.  And Bison don't run like that ... pretty much for anything.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:55:34 PM

Wow - I worked there for six months.  And Bison don't run like that ... pretty much for anything.
I assume you are referring to the video of the bison trotting up one side of the road.'

The other videos I found, they were pretty normal animal behavior.

So what's with the right hand trot video?  Fake video?  Bison sensing something?  It did to me look like somewhat unusual animal behavior, and I've been around cattle goats and other herd animals...
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:58:48 PM

BitChicksHusband had a basset hound when he was young that could predict earthquakes.  The dog would make really strange noises right before one hit.  Don't underestimate the ability of animals to predict things we can't.  Who knows, the Bison might be smarter than scientists. Wink

I need you to get me a couple dozen bison to test these theories out.  Not sure what kind of results I'll be able to provide you of course.  I do have a good amount of barbecue sauce ready.
zahra4571

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 01:29:27 AM

If Yellowstone erupts bye bye US and A?

BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:32:27 AM

Hopefully Bitcoin is worth enough to get on a plane for an "extended" vacation with my family ASAP if this happens.  Wink

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 01:35:00 AM

If yellowstone erupts, goodbye human race.  No god is going to save us.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:36:08 AM

they are moving to a different part of the park, they do it every year. calm down...these arent the droids your looking for!
okaynow

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:37:11 AM

Hopefully Bitcoin is worth enough to get on a plane for an "extended" vacation with my family ASAP if this happens.  Wink

yeah, no bitcoin needs power, if that were to happen, at least loud enough, we'd go back to medieval times

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
zahra4571

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 01:47:11 AM

Even in the shelter all gonna die? With the technology no one will survive?

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 01:49:45 AM

Obviously there are varying degrees of eruption, but if it were to give us everything it had, it would put us into an ice age (no sunlight due to dust) for a decade, like the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:50:39 AM

Earthquakes and Seismic Activity
I have to remember to check for Earthquake danger before planning a vacation.

FYI:
There is recent TV coverage(s) on this story.
Currently easy to find here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Animals+Leaving+Yellowstone%3F+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:08:30 AM

If Yellowstone erupts the way some scientists predict it will be bad mostly for the USA but expect black rain of hot ash all the way to Paris and London for months. Remember how bad for air traffic that eruption from Iceland was? And that was a regular vulcano...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_travel_disruption_after_the_2010_Eyjafjallajökull_eruption

Geopolitically a Yellowstone eruption would the best thing for Russia, the Balkans, Mongolia, China, India, etc for the next 1000 years.

South America could be safe maybe?
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:35:34 AM

Obviously there are varying degrees of eruption, but if it were to give us everything it had, it would put us into an ice age (no sunlight due to dust) for a decade, like the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs.

Maybe all of the "global warming" fanatics would finally shut up for a while though. Wink

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:47:46 AM

If Yellowstone erupts the way some scientists predict it will be bad mostly for the USA but expect black rain of hot ash all the way to Paris and London for months. Remember how bad for air traffic that eruption from Iceland was? And that was a regular vulcano...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_travel_disruption_after_the_2010_Eyjafjallajökull_eruption

Geopolitically a Yellowstone eruption would the best thing for Russia, the Balkans, Mongolia, China, India, etc for the next 1000 years.

Great....Another danger to worry about?
Hopefully the animals are not trying to tell us something too serious.

BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:50:23 AM

We just need to figure out the one place on the planet that has no risk of volcano eruptions or other natural disasters, is free from psycho dictators, where we can use bitcoin freely and live in peace and harmony.  If you have any ideas let me know.   Wink

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:16:28 AM

We just need to figure out the one place on the planet that has no risk of volcano eruptions or other natural disasters, is free from psycho dictators, where we can use bitcoin freely and live in peace and harmony.  If you have any ideas let me know.   Wink

Here we go...

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:18:39 AM

Doomsday Volcanoes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ablW3VBh8SM

Time to refresh my knowledge for the next 50 or so min.....
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:42:14 AM

We really oughta get on this music festival.  Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: