Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:41:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How did we let this happen?  (Read 6732 times)
C10H15N

Activity: 851
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:42:35 PM

Bitcoin is on sale and people are complaining!   Shocked

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
Klestin

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:46:31 PM

Idiots like OP will get back in later this year when it goes to new all time highs
Simultaneously sad, true, and hilarious.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:46:41 PM

Now that the bubble is finally starting to collapse rapidly, i was pondering how we let this all happen...
What are the results of this 'experiment'/scam?
- A hand full of teens who are now multi millionaires.
- A whole lot of people that lost a whole lot of real money.

Even though we all got warned time and time again, by economists, professors and even a lot of libertarians, not to fall for the bitcoin.
How on earth was it possible that people spend $1200!!!! on literary NOTHING?! Is this pure greed or stupidity? What is going on here?

I feel bad for all the people who got victimized and i think some effort should be made to put the creators of this bubble behind bars, too many have been victimized to let this slide.

I still dont understand why Theymos allowed newbies in Bitcoin Discussion ?

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 09:47:24 PM

Now that the bubble is finally starting to collapse rapidly, i was pondering how we let this all happen...

Even though we all got warned time and time again, by economists, professors and even a lot of libertarians, not to fall for the bitcoin.
How on earth was it possible that people spend $1200!!!! on literary NOTHING?! Is this pure greed or stupidity? What is going on here?

I feel bad for all the people who got victimized and i think some effort should be made to put the creators of this bubble behind bars, too many have been victimized to let this slide.

I agree with you!!! What da fuck is this crappy bubble ponzi scheme!!!? It looks to me like the Internet, which also had its bubble...

Bitcoin, just like the internet, is useless!!! ... After all, who the hell uses the internet today after that bubble that ripped off poor people!!??

Thanks for your wise words, oh, technology oracle. God bless you.  Grin
Thread has been won.

All you fools can stop feeding the troll now.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
~Coinseeker~

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:50:49 PM

Bitcoin, just like the internet, is useless!!! ... After all, who the hell uses the internet today after that bubble that ripped off poor people!!??

I've always found it comical that people try to compare Bitcoin to the internet.  The key difference between the two is, the internet is immensely useful.  Bitcoin, not so much.  Kind of a one trick pony in comparison.  Please stop, you just sound ridiculous. 
MarketNeutral

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:51:47 PM

I still dont understand why Theymos allowed newbies in Bitcoin Discussion ?

So much this.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 09:57:31 PM

Exactly, people are whining about cheap Bitcoins!  You could get close to 3 peak GOX coins at current prices.

You want in, now's the time.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
~Coinseeker~

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:08:55 PM

Exactly, people are whining about cheap Bitcoins!  You could get close to 3 peak GOX coins at current prices.

You want in, now's the time.

Pre-China prices of around $100 sound better.  
bitjoint

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

Commander of the Hodl Legions

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:13:05 PM

I've always found it comical that people try to compare Bitcoin to the internet.  The key difference between the two is, the internet is immensely useful.  Bitcoin, not so much.  Kind of a one trick pony in comparison.  Please stop, you just sound ridiculous. 

How old are you kid? Did you know that 10 years ago your Facebook, Skype or Twitter didn't exist? Did you know that most of us refused to change to Google cos Altavista was number 1 search engine? lol Did you know that 15 years ago the Internet was basically this?

Mark Andreessen, the very same man who put a browser in front of your face says the same: Bitcoin is like the early Internet. If you fail to see this, you clearly weren't there in the beginning of the net, when there was practically NOTHING built on top of TCP/IP. The "immensely useful" Internet that we know today was built by visionaries who believed in the future of the technology and were able to see practical applications for the tcp, http and www protocols

The Fifth Protocol

So now, stop saying non-sense... it's the short-sighted people like you who sound ridiculous....
~Coinseeker~

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:27:01 PM

I've always found it comical that people try to compare Bitcoin to the internet.  The key difference between the two is, the internet is immensely useful.  Bitcoin, not so much.  Kind of a one trick pony in comparison.  Please stop, you just sound ridiculous.  

How old are you kid? Did you know that 10 years ago your Facebook, Skype or Twitter didn't exist? Did you know that most of us refused to change to Google cos Altavista was number 1 search engine? lol Did you know that 15 years ago the Internet was basically this?

Mark Andreessen, the very same man who put a browser in front of your face says the same: Bitcoin is like the early Internet. If you fail to see this, you clearly weren't there in the beginning of the net, when there was practically NOTHING built on top of TCP/IP. The "immensely useful" Internet that we know today was built by visionaries who believed in the future of the technology and were able to see practical applications for the tcp, http and www protocols

So now, stop saying non-sense... it's the short-sighted people like you who sound ridiculous....

You're partly right in that it would take advancement from the original 1.0 stuff to really make it useful. Probably why the same Marc Andreessen you speak of, has invested in Ripple.  Now, that's a technical advancement that has multi-purpose usefulness.  Bitcoin, not so much. Again I say, kind of a one trick pony, compared to the internet.  Roll Eyes
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 10:41:07 PM

I've always found it comical that people try to compare Bitcoin to the internet.  The key difference between the two is, the internet is immensely useful.  Bitcoin, not so much.  Kind of a one trick pony in comparison.  Please stop, you just sound ridiculous.  

You're partly right in that it would take advancement from the original 1.0 stuff to really make it useful. Probably why the same Marc Andreessen you speak of, has invested in Ripple.  Now, that's a technical advancement that has multi-purpose usefulness.  Bitcoin, not so much. Again I say, kind of a one trick pony, compared to the internet.  Roll Eyes

Didn't Marc Andreesen also invest in Coinbase?  Didn't Marc Andreesen recently put the smackdown to Warren Buffett, in defense of Bitcoin.  Didn't the creator of Ripple, Jed McCaleb, leave Ripple to work on a secret Bitcoin project?  Isn't it year 5 of Bitcoin.  Didn't it take the Internet decades before it was finally widely adopted?

LOL sorry dude.  Ripple's not doing anything, Bitcoin's fine and always will be.  Just needs time to grow.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
~Coinseeker~

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:53:51 PM

Didn't Marc Andreesen also invest in Coinbase?  Didn't Marc Andreesen recently put the smackdown to Warren Buffett, in defense of Bitcoin.  Didn't the creator of Ripple, Jed McCaleb, leave Ripple to work on a secret Bitcoin project?  Isn't it year 5 of Bitcoin.  Didn't it take the Internet decades before it was finally widely adopted?

LOL sorry dude.  Ripple's not doing anything, Bitcoin's fine and always will be.  Just needs time to grow.

One...trick...pony.  Maybe better to compare Bitcoin to AOL or Yahoo or possibly even Pets.com or something like that.  Certainly not the whole internet.  Get serious. Grin
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 10:57:37 PM

Didn't Marc Andreesen also invest in Coinbase?  Didn't Marc Andreesen recently put the smackdown to Warren Buffett, in defense of Bitcoin.  Didn't the creator of Ripple, Jed McCaleb, leave Ripple to work on a secret Bitcoin project?  Isn't it year 5 of Bitcoin.  Didn't it take the Internet decades before it was finally widely adopted?

LOL sorry dude.  Ripple's not doing anything, Bitcoin's fine and always will be.  Just needs time to grow.

One...trick...pony.  Maybe better to compare it to AOL or something like that.  Not the whole internet. Grin

How is it one trick pony though?

Isn't it a currency, protocol, payment method, distributed ledger, all rolled into one.  The internet has some of the same qualities.  TCP/IP v4 anyone?  When is that getting replaced?   Tongue

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 11:03:49 PM

The title....how 'we' let this happen.....

What exactly has happened ?

Who are 'we' ?

Please do not state things like this and assume others just agree with you.

Price changes ?  Is that what you are worried about Huh   Really ?

The price of bitcoin has been changing for years.

It has been killed in the press and by so many 'experts' for years.

Yet the network hash rate is unreal.  I never , ever thought it could get this fast a few years ago ever in a thousand years.

So whatever 'you' think has 'happened' may be something that happened to 'you' or 'your belief'. 

If anything was happening people would not be mining.

The original concept of bitcoin is the key factor not any price.

I strongly suggest you read the original white paper. 

It is short and says a whole lot. 

You may feel differently if you take my advice.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
~Coinseeker~

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:05:03 PM

One...trick...pony.  Maybe better to compare it to AOL or something like that.  Not the whole internet. Grin

Isn't it a currency, protocol, payment method, distributed ledger, all rolled into one.  The internet has some of the same qualities.  TCP/IP v4 anyone?  When is that getting replaced?   Tongue

Because the internet is useful in a multitude of ways.  Bitcoin just sends and receives Bitcoin.  Maybe comparing it to email would be better but even then, we're talking about pre-SMTP email because it can only send to one wallet type.  Bitcoin.  So it's like a pre-federated email.  I'm not knocking Bitcoin per se, just the reference to comparing it to the internet.  It will never be as useful in so many ways as the internet.  Even if you could dream up the ways, the blockchain could never handle it.  Better tech will arise from the proof-of-concept that Bitcoin is but Bitcoin will never be on an "internet" level of functionality and usefulness.  It's just a single currency/commodity with one main function.  I'm almost surprised this has to be explained.  Almost...
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 11:12:47 PM

One...trick...pony.  Maybe better to compare it to AOL or something like that.  Not the whole internet. Grin

Isn't it a currency, protocol, payment method, distributed ledger, all rolled into one.  The internet has some of the same qualities.  TCP/IP v4 anyone?  When is that getting replaced?   Tongue

Because the internet is useful in a multitude of ways.  Bitcoin just sends and receives Bitcoin.  Maybe comparing it to email would be better but even then, we're talking about pre-SMTP email because it can only send to one wallet type.  Bitcoin.  So it's like a pre-federated email.  I'm not knocking Bitcoin per se, just the reference to comparing it to the internet.  It will never be as useful in so many ways as the internet.  Even if you could dream up the ways, the blockchain could never handle it.  Better tech will arise from the proof-of-concept that Bitcoin is but Bitcoin will never be on an "internet" level of functionality and usefulness.  It's just a single currency/commodity with one main function.  I'm almost surprised this has to be explained.  Almost...

What better tech do you speak of?  Ripple LOL?  Have you ever considered Bitcoin could be used in an election one day?  Can you send Gold or Silver to someone else around the world easily in minutes?  I guess you can Paypal or Western Union it but that's if you like dealing with fees.   Grin

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
~Coinseeker~

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:21:20 PM

Because the internet is useful in a multitude of ways.  Bitcoin just sends and receives Bitcoin.  Maybe comparing it to email would be better but even then, we're talking about pre-SMTP email because it can only send to one wallet type.  Bitcoin.  So it's like a pre-federated email.  I'm not knocking Bitcoin per se, just the reference to comparing it to the internet.  It will never be as useful in so many ways as the internet.  Even if you could dream up the ways, the blockchain could never handle it.  Better tech will arise from the proof-of-concept that Bitcoin is but Bitcoin will never be on an "internet" level of functionality and usefulness.  It's just a single currency/commodity with one main function.  I'm almost surprised this has to be explained.  Almost...

What better tech do you speak of?  Ripple LOL?  Have you ever considered Bitcoin could be used in an election one day?  Can you send Gold or Silver to someone else around the world easily in minutes?  I guess you can Paypal or Western Union it but that's if you like dealing with fees.   Grin

Good, so you're conceding the Bitcoin as internet reference. Smart. Moving on...

Ripple is a good looking option.  It's very versatile, currency agnostic, blah, blah, blah.  It's like a currency, swiss army knife.  Grin  But I don't think people will stop creating and developing.  Look, Bitcoin solved the double-spend problem.  Great...now that can be reproduced for anything.  Voting is a very good example.  Although, the blockchain doesn't scale so I don't see how it would ever handle such a load, plus transactions.  There's a number of ways to handle voting via Ripple, but a simple fork of Bitcoin could be created to handle such a task.  I really think people overvalue the significance of Bitcoin as a brand and lose site of the tech, which is all that matters.  Then again, some don't really want to change the world, unless they get rich in the process.
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 11:36:09 PM

If Ripple so innovative why isn't it receiving the backing and support that Bitcoin is getting?  Why isn't Ripple users getting warned, or why aren't they getting taxed, or why isn't Governments trying to get it regulated.

There's a reason why...Ripple isn't going anywhere!

Stop trying to mention Ripple in Bitcointalk, it isn't getting you anywhere.  On second thought, it isn't getting itself anywhere either!   Cheesy  

It's probably why Jed McCaleb abandoned Ripple's ship...

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
~Coinseeker~

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:45:53 PM

If Ripple so innovative why isn't it receiving the backing and support that Bitcoin is getting?  Why isn't Ripple users getting warned, or why aren't they getting taxed, or why isn't Governments trying to get it regulated.

There's a reason why...Ripple isn't going anywhere!

Stop trying to mention Ripple in Bitcointalk, it isn't getting you anywhere.  On second thought, it isn't getting itself anywhere either!   Cheesy  

It's probably why Jed McCaleb abandoned Ripple's ship...

Oh, I see I've hurt your feelings.  Certainly wasn't my intention but truth has a tendency to do that.  But you're right, who am I to spout such things.  Just some random forum poster.

Marc Andreessen seems to think Ripple's a good investment.  Maybe you've heard of him.   Wink

And this guy, VP of the Federal Reserve of St. Louis has couple of modest things to say about Ripple.

“Ripple is a currency-agnostic protocol. Ripple is the winner. It processes anything. It’s quite possible this ruling benefits payment processors, rather than virtual currencies.”

http://www.coindesk.com/federal-bank-vp-bitcoin-threat-means-banks-must-adapt-die/

http://aworldofcurrency.com/?p=1919
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:52:31 PM

OP is just an NXT/NEM/altcoin troll.

No. I'm the NXT troll (with one NEM stake and a fistful of dodgy ALTS)  Grin

BUt the OP is still being completely out of order. Even if BTC turns out to be a bubble, no-one has ever held a gun to anyones head and forced them to invest. We are all willing participants in breaking new ground / creating a new financial system, so crying about it when you think it's all going south is just childish, as is trying to find a scapegoat.

One trick pony would be a very good description of tha Interwebs in the mid-90s (i was there, i thought it was crap).
Send mail, look at very slow porn, get disconnected every 5 minutes, have a telephone bill like the GDP of Cuba.
Now look at us....

Even though I'm not the worlds biggest BTC fan, I'm pretty sure that Bitcoin is here to stay and I'm hodling my few BTC. And I'm gonna buy some more when it dips under $400.
Look on this dip as an opportunity, not a disaster.

BTW: I recently spent €200,000 on a pile of bricks and wood, arranged in a sort of cave like structure...was that a good idea ?

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: