Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:32:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How did we let this happen?  (Read 6732 times)
antibitcoinconsortium (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:56:14 PM

Now that the bubble is finally starting to collapse rapidly, i was pondering how we let this all happen...
What are the results of this 'experiment'/scam?
- A hand full of teens who are now multi millionaires.
- A whole lot of people that lost a whole lot of real money.

Even though we all got warned time and time again, by economists, professors and even a lot of libertarians, not to fall for the bitcoin.
How on earth was it possible that people spend $1200!!!! on literary NOTHING?! Is this pure greed or stupidity? What is going on here?

I feel bad for all the people who got victimized and i think some effort should be made to put the creators of this bubble behind bars, too many have been victimized to let this slide.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
skooter

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:58:31 PM

You kidding?

That's like saying the people who invested into the tech bubble should be compensated.

This is what happens when people buy shit that they have zero understanding of.
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:01:34 PM

It's true that the best way to effect real change is to create a no-history forum account called omgbitcoinsux4real or similar and create a whining thread begging users of a completely decentralised system to do my bidding.

Cast iron works every time guarantee. And if I'm wrong, Mark Kareples will personally compensate you.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:08:27 PM

Another idiotic thread by a newbie. There is no bubble, just FUD and stupid people.
BTW, your name says it all.

drippx

Activity: 539
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:15:11 PM

Idiots like OP will get back in later this year when it goes to new all time highs
greenlion

Activity: 667

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:16:53 PM

OP is just an NXT/NEM/altcoin troll.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 08:17:10 PM

Now that the bubble is finally starting to collapse rapidly, i was pondering how we let this all happen...
That's symmetry for you.  Bitcoin is a zero-sum game. There have to be a lot of losers.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:23:20 PM

I don't understand. Who is a "victim"? You mean someone who bought, then panic sold below their purchase price? If that is the victim then they are also the perpetrator and should be arrested.  Roll Eyes

Honestly, I don't know how people lose money with bitcoin unless they do stupid things that would lose them money in any financial transaction. I have been trading in things for decades and I have never seen anything that comes close to the explosive growth in value of bitcoin.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
skooter

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:31:10 PM

I don't understand. Who is a "victim"? You mean someone who bought, then panic sold below their purchase price? If that is the victim then they are also the perpetrator and should be arrested.  Roll Eyes

Honestly, I don't know how people lose money with bitcoin unless they do stupid things that would lose them money in any financial transaction. I have been trading in things for decades and I have never seen anything that comes close to the explosive growth in value of bitcoin.

What are you talking about. There's plenty of things that exploded in value.

Like Oculus rift, invented 2012, sold for billions in 2014.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:54:39 PM

all bubbles have same rules, they come and go Smiley i see we are at bottom as this kind of posts appears
see you on next bubble in couple months
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:58:18 PM

Was I panicking this much a year ago?  Wink  I apologize if I was.

Anyone that has been involved with Bitcoin a year or longer is used to this.  I, as "permabull" as I have been called, am always optimistic when the price rises and think to myself "It could never crash back down again."  The veterans in Bitcoin have their reasons why there will be dips like this, and many profit of them.   As a holder these dips are painful but if you just hold on for a few weeks or at most months, it all works out.  Just a little patience is all that is required here.

The best thing to do on days like these? BUY!  Grin

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
bitjoint

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

Commander of the Hodl Legions

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:01:27 PM

Even though we all got warned time and time again, by economists, professors and even a lot of libertarians, not to fall for the bitcoin.
How on earth was it possible that people spend $1200!!!! on literary NOTHING?! Is this pure greed or stupidity? What is going on here?

I feel bad for all the people who got victimized and i think some effort should be made to put the creators of this bubble behind bars, too many have been victimized to let this slide.

I agree with you!!! What da fuck is this crappy bubble ponzi scheme!!!? It looks to me like the Internet, which also had its bubble...

Bitcoin, just like the internet, is useless!!! ... After all, who the hell uses the internet today after that bubble that ripped off poor people!!??

Thanks for your wise words, oh, technology oracle. God bless you.  Grin
5thStreetResearch

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 09:02:43 PM

Bubbles have been occurring and popping since speculation has existed.  Thats a very very long time.  It is nothing that is per se "allowed to happen."  Bubbles are just something that naturally occur as a result of human greed and fear.  Unless you can turn people into emotionless robots, you can not erase greed and fear.  We have seen how many major asset/credit bubbles in the past 15 years alone?

MarketNeutral

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:13:48 PM

Strong username to post content ratio.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:24:10 PM

What's going on here?  A self styled anti-bitcoin troll talking nonsense.  Obviously the price is deflated on news out of China. 

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 09:31:59 PM

antibitcoinconsortium

what a great name for a Bitcointalk member!

Don't you think you should consider why you did waste your time @ Bitcointalk when you are Anti Bitcoin related?

C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:36:45 PM

The best thing to do on days like these? BUY!  Grin

This we agree on! Cheesy

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
mktrader

Activity: 84

Hello World!!!

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:38:52 PM

Bitcoin is not for the faint-hearted. Remember how some people were screaming back in 2011 when Bitcoin price went down to $2.50 from a high of $30+?

Many of people who bought even at $30 at that time and held till today are already incredibly rich!

Nothing is wrong. This is just a regular correction, IMO.

Price Poll: bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=555609
Dimelord

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:40:29 PM

I got my BTC with no fiat spent.  Shocked
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:40:56 PM