Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:24:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: f u blockchain.info, :(  (Read 970 times)
BlockchainHelp? (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:54:17 PM

Jesus Christ...

I orig created this account to ask for some help on what happened to my funds but..... i guess it's fine now.

I logged into my Blockchain.info account earlier as I had a payment from someone and was about to send it to my paper wallet then i saw all my transaction history gone and my balance at 0... it wasn't a huge amount but it was around 1.5 BTC which would of pissed me off

I was thinking well... I guess i've been hacked and started to freak out as I didn't have a clue how......

kept logging in and out and gave up and just ran malwarebytes and went out to grab something to eat

come back home log back into the blockchain to see if i could find the tx where my funds go bye bye and boom my transactions appear and my balance is restored....

wtf happened?

oh yh i just enabled 2fa
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 02:53:09 AM

Good to see that you've figured it out. Smiley
I recommend setting up some 100% cold paper wallets, just so you have that added sense of security. Wink
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 03:34:48 AM

Good to see that you've figured it out. Smiley
I recommend setting up some 100% cold paper wallets, just so you have that added sense of security. Wink
Brain wallets are where it's at, if you're intelligent enough to do it properly.

Storing money in your own mind? Oh yes, yes that is good.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
LAMarcellus

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:20:38 AM

Good story OP.
I'm pretty sure every bitcoin holder here has experienced that moment of acute dread when something bitcoin related doesn't behave, especially when coins "disappear".

First you feel like  Huh
Very quickly followed by  Angry
Which eventually becomes  Undecided
Until the coins re-appear and then  Cheesy

Wink Thanks for sharing.   I got a chuckle thinking of my own moments of bitcoin related dread.

I'm happy to read it was all a misunderstanding, cause by increasing your security! Cool story.
The sad stories are when 2FA isn't enabled and coins go missing.  Cry

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. – Albert Camus
vnvizow

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:27:31 AM

Moral of the story: don't use online wallets
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:28:22 AM

Wait, even if your funds were stolen, your transaction history should still be there... Are you sure your funds are gone?
Chemistry1988
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:50:33 AM

I haven't heard of anything like this, but it is good to see everything sorted out now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: