Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:40:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 98% premined coin? Can that be a good thing?  (Read 621 times)
UnNamedCoin (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 11:54:17 PM

We are doing exactly just that and it seems that in a round about way, there is a push to see coins being mined using low cost mining equipment.
With coins being mined with basic PC gear, it would allow people who cant afford the new ASIC's to get into the sport/industry of mining.
Since Bitcoin has paved the way for Crypto Coins, then a lower cost mining venture should in theory be successful.

I believe Maxcoin was built with different code that ASIC's cant yet touch and that was one of the reasons for them building it.

So could it be that premining removes ASIC's and even GPU farms out of the picture altogether and lets even a greater number of people to get a chance at being early adopters?
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rix5

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:11:07 AM

large premine opens doors to large scams
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 12:55:54 AM

I think best coins would be 0% premined - IMO! Smiley
ZeroBarrier

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:01:34 AM

So you're saying you're making another possible IPO scam coin? No thanks.
UnNamedCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 01:05:44 AM

I understand that very well. But 0% premine would require an expense, such as hardware upgrades as difficulty rises and also increased power consumption costs. Also, those that want to be early adopters and either have real crappy systems or lack of any technical ability would be essentially excluded from the day1 coins. I doubt vey much that the crowd mining Bitcoins now, will still be doing it 12 months from now as it would just be ludicrously expensive and that would mean that the release of coins would slow down. Its great for the miners and others that are holding coin now, but unfair for those that get into Bitcoin 12 months from now, unless Bitcoin goes south big time.

A lot of people are saying, stop mining and just buy Bitcoin. Isnt this really what premining is all about? All the Bitcoins floating around, have been premined... correct?
rix5

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:12:38 AM

as we have seen premined coins do not perform as well as those with zero premine. Look at ltc - it wouldn't be where it is if it was premined.

I understand that very well. But 0% premine would require an expense, such as hardware upgrades as difficulty rises and also increased power consumption costs. Also, those that want to be early adopters and either have real crappy systems or lack of any technical ability would be essentially excluded from the day1 coins. I doubt vey much that the crowd mining Bitcoins now, will still be doing it 12 months from now as it would just be ludicrously expensive and that would mean that the release of coins would slow down. Its great for the miners and others that are holding coin now, but unfair for those that get into Bitcoin 12 months from now, unless Bitcoin goes south big time.

A lot of people are saying, stop mining and just buy Bitcoin. Isnt this really what premining is all about? All the Bitcoins floating around, have been premined... correct?
dedicated hardware and more hashpower means a more secure investement. Myself is too lazy, stupid, slow to mine. Others that don't have the ability to mine should just buy it or work for it. The upside potential is still huge especially in some altcoins. I really have no idea what you are complaining about. 'Premine' means very often scam and/or bad distribution. Mining makes a far better distribution than preminegiveaways also because it happens over longer timeperiods.
UnNamedCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 01:15:41 AM

No complaints...
I just have a few KnC miners here that are just to big to be bookends
rix5

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:16:34 AM

No complaints...
I just have a few KnC miners here that are just to big to be bookends

just wait. They will make profit again. Just hodl your coins. Keep calm and carry on Wink
coins will rise again. This is very probable the lowest point in the year now.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 11:14:31 AM

100% premined would be even better, don't you think? hehe Cheesy
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:29:31 AM

100% premined would be even better, don't you think? hehe Cheesy

There already is. It's called Premine (PMC). All of it was handed out to the community, and it's mineable only for the transaction fees.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
marine4u

Activity: 673
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:37:05 AM

Here is a short list what the pre-mine of marinecoin intended for the future

0 zero confirmation verified merchant transaction insurance, for fastest payments like visa &mastercard
exchange scam protection insurance for investors,
available extra funds for un-matched development and advancement
fork protection compensation after a possible %51 attack to protect merchant activity
mega-projects that will benefit the community in the future some mentioned on the marinecoin.org
verified wallet address protection will insure all transactions between two verified wallets in case of a scammer did not deliver after payment their ID will be known and the other party will get a full refund.

these are just a sample of what is being done at Marinecoin, none of these are possible without it.

more info available on the marinecoin.org website

softron

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:38:22 PM

Why 98 and not 100%. Well its not bad if u want to use the coin btw ur group/friends.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: