Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:12:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Snap QR image from screen and import as a wallet or send to address  (Read 684 times)
Claire123 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:35:08 AM

I implemented a feature in a test coin to snap a region of your screen which contains a QR code.  This new dialog is used in two places:you can send coin to a snapped address or import a snapped private key as a wallet.  The snapped region is converted to an image and sent to a library to be decoded into a string.

To show you how it works, I made a short (3 minute) video where I demo the feature on Windows, Mac OS X (10.9.2), and Ubuntu:

http://youtu.be/5NCiHGIMB2c

The source code featured in the video is available here:

https://github.com/ClaireDuSoleil/Legocoin

This new feature uses the ZebraCrossing library.  This library was originally written in Java and ported to C++.    In order to decrease the size of the download and make some minor changes so it compiles properly on all three platforms, I made my own version:

https://github.com/ClaireDuSoleil/ZebraCrossing

ZebraCrossing is pretty easy to compile on all three platforms using cmake.  I didn't even create a VS project for it.  The batch file I wrote simply runs cmake to create the VS2013 project files and then runs msbuild to create the library.  This batch file is located in the build-helpers directory in the legocoin repository, along with batch files to build all the other dependencies in VS2013.  Please see the README in the MSVC folder for more information.

Other notes: the snap feature uses Qt5.  It will need some rework if you want to use Qt4.

If you happen to try this out and find any problems, please let me know.
QRCode

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 08:29:35 AM

excellent project, very usefull!
n00bnoxious

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Bitnation Development Team Member

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:03:09 PM

Great idea! I'll have a play around with this for sure!
HiroS

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 10:06:23 PM

Wow, this is a really great feature. Thanks for this work Claire. I am the developer of Hirocoin and would like to use your work.

What do you require of others who want to use your work in their own coins?

Hirocoin - New unique feature just added. We will be the new home for GPU miners when those Scrypt ASICs hit.
Claire123 (OP)

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 12:04:08 AM

What do you require of others who want to use your work in their own coins?

I don't require anything.  I implemented it for anyone to use.  Have fun with it Smiley

Claire
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: