Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:00:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHITE HOUSE PETITION! STOP THE IRS! MAKE A DIFFERENCE!  (Read 1720 times)
AlextheBitcoiner (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:39:11 AM

Are you angry about the IRS declaring Bitcoin property?
Me too! Sign this white house petition and lets see if we can veto this IRS crap!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/amend-irs-notice-2014-2taxing-virtual-currencybitcoin-property-stifles-new-technologycreates/z7WtKZGY
SHARE THIS THREAD. SPREAD THE PETITION.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 04:57:00 AM

You neo-hippie liberals and your useless fucking internet petitions. When was the last time anyone with real power gave a fuck? Oh right, never. Get a grip, petitions don't matter.

We don't need to stop the IRS anymore than we need to stop corporations from copywriting our culture. For we have transcended them with this innovation. The game was over before it began.

There is no possible outcome in which fiat money survives this century. None. They are done, son.

God I hate liberals. Just smart enough to know how shitty the system is, just stupid enough to be totally ineffectual at fixing the problem..

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:59:41 AM

We don't need to stop the IRS anymore than we need to stop corporations from copywriting our culture. For we have transcended them with this innovation. The game was over before it began.

There is no possible outcome in which fiat money survives this century. None. They are done, son.

^^^^ this is fact. The best petition you can sign is the one where you adopt bitcoin as exclusively as you can as it grows and educate people around you to how it benefits them.

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 05:01:50 AM

The best petition you can sign is the one where you adopt bitcoin as exclusively as you can as it grows and educate people around you to how it benefits them.
Well said.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:23:37 AM

You neo-hippie liberals and your useless fucking internet petitions. When was the last time anyone with real power gave a fuck? Oh right, never. Get a grip, petitions don't matter.

God I hate liberals. Just smart enough to know how shitty the system is, just stupid enough to be totally ineffectual at fixing the problem..

I'm a Liberal and I agree with everything you said.  Minus hating myself.

In fact most of my friends are liberals and would agree with everything you just said.

In the end this isn't about stupid fucking titles like "Liberal" or "Conservative".   Its about IQ.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 05:43:37 AM

Stop being morons, if you care about bitcoins, sign the fucking petition.

Classifying as property instead of currency is a tremendous detriment to the adoption and use of bitcoin by US business. And US is a critical market for bitcoin, its price stability and future.

This is all new to the government including IRS, they are experimenting. If they see a strong reaction it will affect their future policies and new laws on bitcoin to be more favorable as a currency.

As it is now with only 700 signatures on a forum of 300k users, it is pathetic and shows the government we don't care if they regulate it to shit or ban it.

There is no downside only positive for signing the petition to send a voice to the us govt. Worst case nothing happens you lose 5 minutes.

So get your fucking head out of your ass, all of you anti government anarchy loving lemmings. The only way bitcoin will thrive is by working with the world governments, banks, and businesses while dictating policy and regulation... on bitcoins terms... by lobbying the government.

All this bullshit about bitcoin doesn't need government support to survive or thrive, is exactly that, BS. The world is run by governments and businesses.  Maybe that's what some of you want, to drag bitcoin down to be stuck in the Silk Road era, but that's not what bitcoin wants.

So again sign the damn petition.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 05:59:02 AM

These petitions are a joke, they never change a damn thing, ever.

evoked22

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:41:22 AM

Well said mate. I think maybe use a less negative response to someone trying to do some good and help them in finding the correct path Smiley

Just kick back and wait for it. I have a feeling we are all going to be very very surprised at how much btc will come to be worth after they have decided to stop the lies and rumors around it and finally let people know its okay to buy it after having bought the necessary amount for themselves.

Cheesy

SnZN5o2ePUgtr9roQyavBC3r41vz7p63ne
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:52:30 AM

Sorry, OP, but I don't beg politicians for anything.

The IRS can't take my bitcoins, nor prevent me from earning them. The money I make I earned, and don't owe anyone a dime of it.

Stick around. Bitcoin will be around long after the IRS is dead and buried.

I'm grumpy!!
jesse11

Activity: 333

Ants Rock

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:54:21 AM

YEAH! That's why they call him a Hero Member  Grin

Mining with: BE's,BE Cubes, K16's, AntMiners U1's and AntMiners S1's
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:08:52 AM

Pay your taxes. IRS regulation is better than no regulation at all.
Sage

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:19:38 AM

Pissing in the wind as they say.

Vote with your feet.  Get out of the country & renunciate citizenship.

It's going to get a lot worse in the USSA before it gets better. 

There's many more places in the world that offer you a life with far more freedoms, opportunity, & far less stress.
Sage

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:21:40 AM

How does your head feel under that jackboot mate?

jesse11

Ants Rock

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:24:26 AM

Funny, I pay more tax's then most people make in a year  Grin And I love it  Grin YEAH! Jesse11

Sage

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:38:33 AM

Funny, I pay more tax's then most people make in a year  Grin And I love it  Grin YEAH! Jesse11

That's a great spot to be... but rather an ignorant one too.

Perhaps you should consider what those tax dollars you love paying so much are being used for.  If that sits well with you, then continue to "love" paying them.  Hell, give them some extra, just to be sure they don't hassle you.

But if it doesn't, then do what any ethical person would do, & use every tool at your disposal for non-violent civil disobedience.  

The IRS can hallucinate that they can "regulate" crypto currencies.  Good luck with that...  But I'm sure they'll be plenty who mindlessly comply.

Never forget that system needs your "voluntary" cooperation.  Now be a good citizen... and do as you're told without question.
jesse11

Ants Rock

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:47:43 AM

Funny, I pay more tax's then most people make in a year  Grin And I love it  Grin YEAH! Jesse11

That's a great spot to be... but rather an ignorant one too.

Perhaps you should consider what those tax dollars you love paying so much are being used for.  If that sits well with you, then continue to "love" paying them.  Hell, give them some extra, just to be sure they don't hassle you.

But if it doesn't, then do what any ethical person would do, & use every tool at your disposal for non-violent civil disobedience.  

The IRS can hallucinate that they can "regulate" crypto currencies.  Good luck with that...  But I'm sure they'll be plenty who mindlessly comply.

Never forget that system needs your "voluntary" cooperation.  Now be a good citizen... and do as you're told without question.

Good Point, now let's all release every penny we've spent on BTC and forget the IRS!   

Beliathon

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 08:56:37 AM

Found a picture of the OP:

Hard at work, changing the world.

jesse11

Ants Rock

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:05:50 AM

Damn, I'm mining, and missing all the action  Smiley

genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:20:57 AM

please sign my petition:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/take-lead-initiatives-ban-bitcoin-allowing-only-regulated-payment-service-providers/zV3FnZTx
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:24:48 AM

Signed for the lols, and for great injustice! Oh wait what? I need an account? Nevermind, too much work.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: