Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:15:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New coin concept being worked on.. Feedback welcome (MODERATED)  (Read 1044 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:26:57 AM

I am posting for some feedback.. i have had an idea that i mentioned before for a new coin system.
And it will not rely on hashing at all !

What is doing the work ? Your Wifi or Ethernet cards Smiley

I made a mod of a file sharing program almost 10 years ago that i think can be adapted to a coin/currency system.
Right now i am trying to think of all the angles but i had worked on the open-source program called eMule before
and i had done work on the credit system it uses and what i am looking at right now is if it can be modded for crypto uses or not.

sorry i know i am a rambling disorganized wingnut so bear with me people Wink

File sharing is my Passion it always has been..
What i envision is NOT being rewarded for finding blocks hashing but you are rewarded for sharing files.
This idea is good because we can ease up on the wasting of electricity and help promote file sharing.
And i think this idea will help miners and not mining farms.. keeping a lot more of the common man involved with mining and not just huge million dollar operations.

This is no white paper with some fancy proposal i'm just saying i am actually looking at doing it because i want to see some innovation in the scene.
If i used emule as a base for this new project i already know what i am doing with it and it would offer a lot of advantages..
For example emule already has a built in IRC client / message system. It's also open source and has clients running on all platforms.

So i have already worked before on eMules GUI and added new features under the hood and new GUI options to control them such as a custom credit system.

So anyone out there done any work on eMule too and into crypto stuff ? Any thoughts on this idea ?
Right now i am thinking security and how a credit system would have to work so it doesn't get exploited..

Rather than bitching i think maybe it's time to just show the cloners how it's done lol

TOPIC v2
I am recreating this topic because i forgot about the Trolls... This one will be moderated.

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:28:10 AM

Posted by cryptohunter on previous topic

Sounds like a good idea.

Actually someone posted way back some system for coins earned in return for storage space and bw supplied.

Nothing came of it though.

Of course this would be a far more useful way of generating coins than the pow work we are doing now.

I'm guessing this has not been done yet as there must be a minefield of exploits.

Although a skilled bunch of devs could perhaps pull it off.

Anyway yes way more interesting than 99.99% of coins released now.

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:28:43 AM

Posted by pineapples on previous topic

earning coins reminds me of the reward system various torrents use, better upload/download ratio = better speed.

a different aspect i've been considering is the anonymity that can be acheived with coins in conjunction with torrenting. i'm not really sure how you could use this to mine more coins though Smiley

the basic gist of where i've been pondering is -

the coin handles basic information using data attached to transactions, with the client making it useable.
the simple version.

- you link a file to Client1, so the file has  a unique identifier based on file properties.
- if you wants to download a file, Client2 adds a request with IP into the blockchain, all clients receive this request. Client1 and 2 then can connect and handle the data transfer as normal.

a more anonymous version could involve collecting IP's from numerous clients, and handling all data through an IP chain.
possibly encrypting the IP's such that any client can only read the top level address OR having other clients in the chain passing on data related to specific requests.

this would involve a few more coin transactions. - this is the tricky bit Smiley
- the request includes no originator IP.

Client2 puts out a first level request, Client3 adds a 2nd level request (with no obvious referral to Client2), then Client4 adds 3rd level etc.
(Client1 would only respond to a certain level request)
then Client1 responds to Client2 via Clients4,3 .. and vice versa using this chain for data transmission.

the blockchain could be quite small, as it only handles requests. and data could be dropped from it easily.
aggregators could function in two possible ways,
1. the send requests for specific files, and register their existence. regular requests could guage the availability of files.
- problem being knowing the name/identifier of file to request.
2. upon linking to the client, basic properties is broadcast into the chain. which can then be picked up by aggregators, or even the client.

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:41:25 AM

in case anyone is curious there is a simple explanation on how the current emule credit system works right now.
this pages shows how it works..
http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/help.cgi?l=1&rm=show_topic&topic_id=134

also this file sharing program and the netowrk has died off over the years (when Torrents were invented)
I almost never use my emule mod anymore but Torrents instead. i use a DHT / Icons patched version of Utorrent v2 i made years ago.
But i say that because the emule network is in fact still alive and if we had a currency integrated into it i am sure it could regain some popularity.
It also offers a large existing networking infrastructure that could be tapped into.

anyway i would rather do something with torrents but what discourages me about that is the massive amount of code that would have to be written from scratch i think.
Although there is open source Torrent client programs that could be used as a starting point.

And a system based on hard drive space ? hmm i never heard of that before, weird lol

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 10:55:39 AM

Sounds like a good idea. If you're worried about anonymity - which is reasonable for file sharing - you could fork Darkcoin or Zerocash once it arrives and build your mod on top of it.

Unfortunately, I can't add any technical advice: my bad for hitting the ground running here.

However...the parameters for a chance at rewards is something I can add words to the suggestion box about. Are you planning to use a modified proof-of-stake system - call it "proof of files stored"? If so, someone would game the system by storing junk. A way around that would be to adopt the algo used by the professoriate for tenure and promotion: the more times a paper is cited by others, the greater weight the paper is given. In file-sharing, one point would be awarded for each download of a file from a unique Wifi or Ethernet card. I don't have enough technical know-how to see how this rule could be spoofed.

If you want to be clever, you could penalize storing junk files in the same way the SAT tests penalize wrong answers. If a file registered for "proof of storage" isn't downloaded at all for (say) a month, a point gets knocked off the "proof of files stored." Adding this would incentivize members to conserve their disk space, or at least club around with the others to avoid the penalty.  Smiley

If the system is set up this way, you'd better make it clear that any violation of IP laws is the responsibility of the storer and the storer alone...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:44:32 AM

But i say that because the emule network is in fact still alive and if we had a currency integrated into it i am sure it could regain some popularity.
It also offers a large existing networking infrastructure that could be tapped into.

huge network available in file sharing Smiley

and my idea (as above) would integrate a torrent style engine into the client for the filesharing aspect, so hopefully not too much coding on that side of things,
the coin aspect would be to enable requests and connections only.

although in terms of "mining" to create coins, it could be that two coins were involved. one being for data transmission, one as a reward for network.

i was previously pondering a Proof of Network style thing, which was based on being part of the network => rewarding just being open for business.. which would help to create/maintain the network.
this would be helpful if it was to integrate some methods of anonymity. so clients not actually involved in uploading/downloading particular files would nonetheless participate in data transmission.

any system dependent on bandwidth will be open to being gamed, and having any anonymous system as i imagine it being spammed with data.
gaming a reward purely on being part of the network would hopefully just mean having a greater network - of course this could lead to "officialdom" doing a 51% attack and being able to track the whole data trail.

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:26:59 PM

unless someone shows up to make obvious trouble i won't screw with peoples comments.. sadly we have some brats here.

great ideas people i like them all and it's encouraging stuff with all the negativity that gets posted and yeah i know i am responsible for a lot of it LOL
so this to me is an effort to re-focus my thoughts on something constructive.

seeing clone after clone pumped up just bores the hell out of me Sad
like saying hey i will plant trees with my scrypt algo clone lol carbonz neutralz ya'll ! lol what ever.. if ya wanna plant tress then just go plant them Wink

i posted the first paragraph of Shakezulu's SHA256 coin cloning guide the other day and his excuse on line 1 was "Why not ?"
Sorry but that is garbage from a douche.. his title on the tutorial says it all.. How to CLONE SHA256D Coins for Fun and PROFIT
So the "why not" = PROFIT

What i envision is something that solves a problem or fills a need.. "Why not" (profit) is not going to cut it.

I am certain if i was to make a new currency / coin or what ever it would be of little gain for me.
For example i don't have 30 Asics running and am making a SHA256 clone coin etc ..waiting like a vulture to flash mine them.. Nov/December 2013 style lol
It was getting retarded just how many Bitcoin clones were getting posted here.. it was a tsunami then they just all vanished and scrypt was the thing.

All those cloners can sit there and wait and watch.. they are useless and i would love nothing more than to steal their users away.
and it can be done because people care about the final product and not some masked anonymous coward cloner trying to go for the record of most shit uploaded to Github lol

anyway any idea has to be at least secure enough so people can't exploit it or cheat the system and that is my main train of thought.
I have had ideas before and went and wrote code to back it up before.. you have to have the idea first lol
For example i made the only working program that cracked a series of LG cell phone that came out around '07 'ish
It was supposedly not possible to "jail break" (i hate that term) the main phone i targeted because of DRM etc i was told no endlessly..
All the experts were 1000% full of shit and i proved it. I reverse engineered aspects of the phone and figured out what was going on (by myself)
and then i created a full fledged Windows based program that allowed user to add an unlimited amount of free game and apps to their phone.
I coded it in c++ with Visual Studio using MFC and it had file and colored category options console logging and a full page debugging options system
It has a Tab system or a Treeview set by the options page.. a TON of features and gui options etc never mind the point of what it did ..crack phones lol

i hear bs online all my life and they are always full of shit idiots that i put in their place. Hell i was told not even to do this crypto stuff way back with my nvida gfx card.
last couple month i bought 10k worth of toys and laughed at them all and said...... what ? what did you all say Huh hold my hand to my ear lol

So cloners eat it Smiley
Watch your ass ..your nobodies. Real people doing real code work are going to make you scammers obsolete.
One idea and one man that can code can can put a fork in you scammers and your lame bs.
I've made a career out of putting idiots in their place online lol
On one hand i may sound cocky but i can post the source code and web site references to my cell phone story earlier to back up my mouth easily.
and i hope what i say with a cocky tone burns them to their core.. i say things the way i do not really to troll but uhh well to piss of them a little Wink lol

So that was not bragging that was showing how i had a crystal clear idea that i had the skills to execute the idea and create a program from scratch.
AND that this should make them worry.. the clone game is ending ! ..start sweating cloners Wink

This is no joke i will keep looking into this and report back and thanks for any feedback at all people as long as it isn't excessive trolling then who care what people say lol

Never let them say "You can't" online ! if they do ? then please prove 'em wrong and go back and get cocky about it and jam it down there throat Smiley

edit:
And i am more than aware of my bad grammar and smilies usage and LOL's i post (i do it on purpose) ahahaha

pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:21:25 AM

lol.
are you trolling your own thread ??

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:00:51 AM

So, how's progress with TorrentCoin ?  Wink

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:48:00 AM

i have not done much since.. gotta sit with the idea and think about it for a while i think.
earlier today i thought about this topic and i had wondered,
what percentage of people in the Altcoin scene would want to get involved in a coin that required people to share files ?
Is the whole potential piracy issue too much for most people ? That is what concerns me the most about that
and also the reason why an idea like i proposed could never be a Bitcoin killer.

It's more important to give this some serious thought and get feedback etc before jumping in and coding i think.

The POW concept is going to have to be secure and it will have to work simple enough that it can be explained to the average person..
Am i overlooking any glaring security issues ? No point making a coin that is going to maybe get cheated which means taking time and not rushing into it.

pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:37:47 PM

i've just discovered bitmessage. it's a fine example of a non-currency use of bitcoin protocol.
imo torrenting doesn't need the currency aspect so it would just be for fun i guess.

in terms of building a torrent coin, joining a file manager with bitmessage to send .torrents (or requests) might be a small step ?

so rather than downloading the .torrent, it's already in teh blockchain. (i don't know if that's applicable to the emule protocol.)

not that useful, but maybe a start Smiley

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:27:47 AM

this looks interesting

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=591283.0

"We operate on Proof-of-Storage (a subset of Proof-of-Stake) instead of Proof-of-Work. To join the network, you need to offer a discreet volume of storage (most likely 8GB). You'll then have files downloaded onto your computer and you'll be mining"

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
Bansheroom

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:30:43 AM

You think users trust coin creators with a negative rating like yours?
If this ever goes live it will almost likely be a big fail.

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: