Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:50:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Coming Soon]Bitcoin Mining through phone calls.  (Read 1172 times)
rexcoin (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 08:49:35 AM

This is a idea i had for a while, Basically you sign up online with a bitcoin address, then you have two options, free membership or premium membership.
Free membership - Get 5(Still Deciding) minutes of calling - you hear ads for the 5 minutes and you can win .02 btc every 5 minutes
Premium membership - Get 50(Still Deciding) minutes of calling - you hear ads for the 50 minutes and you can win .05 btc every 5 minutes (costs 0.40 bitcoin)
Winning the bitcoins is not easy though, it takes place every 5 minutes and if for example there are 5 callers on the line at the same time you have a 20% chance to win.
IF you are the only caller - then you get the bitcoins on a 50% chance scale.
Basically the ads will pay for the service - i will get more details on that later.

Would anyone be interested in this?

I think this would be a fun service and a nice way to advertise for businesses and a nice way to earn bitcoins for users.

Let me hear your thoughts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2011, 09:33:39 AM

I thought of another thing that might be less annoying (no offense) and would pay more

I have tons of receipts I would love to have scanned and data-entered (for basic information like merchant name, dollar amount, etc.)... sure there's OCR but it's not perfect.

Surely there have got to be other data entry needs out there too.

Assuming the information isn't private or isn't something that would be harmful if strangers saw it, someone could solicit complete strangers to do data entry from scanned images and pay in BTC.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
altuin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 08:56:52 PM

I could do data entry for your reciepts and stuff
mattiemus

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 10:07:18 PM

surely it would cost more to make the phone call than to actually gain the bitcoins.
and how will the premium work? you have to pay extra to listen to adverts?
and what will stop people from just putting the phone down and leaving it for a few minutes while they "mine" bitcoins.

Not meaning to be offencive, i just think theres better ways to get free bitcoins, an advertising page or "yellow pages" style website might be more effective.
notawake

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 10:24:31 PM

I thought of another thing that might be less annoying (no offense) and would pay more

I have tons of receipts I would love to have scanned and data-entered (for basic information like merchant name, dollar amount, etc.)... sure there's OCR but it's not perfect.

Surely there have got to be other data entry needs out there too.

Assuming the information isn't private or isn't something that would be harmful if strangers saw it, someone could solicit complete strangers to do data entry from scanned images and pay in BTC.

Sounds like a Bitcoin version of Amazon's Mechanical Turk.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2011, 10:25:15 PM

what about something like twiends had before where you watched sponsored youtube videos to earn seeds, and people would sit there for hours on end watching awful youtube videos and getting seeds to put into their twitter accounts.  the users got tons hits on their youtube videos!  set it up like feedzebirds and it would be a success.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2011, 12:19:28 AM

I could do data entry for your reciepts and stuff

+1 count me in casascius

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: