Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:59:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: *INFORMATIVE* NobleCoin Founder addresses "The State of Alt Cryptocurrency."  (Read 10632 times)
miKnutty (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:22:03 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 01:26:49 AM by miKnutty

This was posted in the NobleCoin main thread and is one of the most informative pieces of writing I've seen in a while for anyone new or experienced in the alternative crypto currency scene. A must read for everyone. NobleCoins bright future is also discussed at the end of this article.

The State of Alternative Cryptocurrency: An Introduction to the Alternative Cryptocurrency Scene, Its Inner Workings & NobleCoin Moving Forward

Download as .PDF

This is a draft.

A Quote from the Founder:

Please let me state I am not good at arguing on the spot nor do I enjoy it, this is for informative purposes for those people (very) new to the cryptocurrency scene and those checking out NobleCoin. I try to stay humble but enjoy collecting information and presenting it as best I can, but I do know these are personal opinions and insights and some may not agree with them. A number may attack or criticize, I will take it into consideration but I'll simply continue to analyse and won't be snapping back. A number of us have taken an 'outsiders' look at cryptocurrency in general rather than putting NobleCoin first in an attempt to stay honest and keep a critical mind. There is also plenty of information for our community on how we want to continue moving forward. No, we're not happy with the price at all and no we don't feel like we belong here after three months of staying true to our word and working hard. We'll continue working hard (and staying true to our word).

We will get a lot of positive and negative feedback for this, but we're presenting our stance and case moving forward. All the feedback will be taken evenly and added for draft #2 (due in about 2 weeks), which we expect will reach 25,000 words. Feel free to give me a 'TLDR' Tongue, but there will be a lot of people who take the things we say here to heart and I think that is important.

Please feel free to share it. There are a lot of newcomers out there (more than you know and when you realise how many it's scary how many people are being completely ripped off and taken advantage of). I feel it's a disservice not giving them something that puts all the information on the table and lets them make up their own mind from there. We have a very strong policy of no names nor do we want to call out or police. We just want to provide information. Much of this is common knowledge to insiders, but we're presenting it here as a resource anyway. There may be some revelations, or there may not be. It might be me blowing hot air but a good part of me doesn't think that's the case. Either way I hope it helps everyone who reads it in some way.

With this done we'll be releasing more info. on what we're working on next as well as playing catch-up and making sure every issue raised in PMs before today is addressed.

Cheers.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 01:36:12 PM

Thanks... a nice to read with a coffee Smiley

regards!
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:37:19 PM

Favourite quote:

"We’re constantly burning newcomers to the scene in the name of short-term profit. Every day this continues we’re destroying the chance of turning this million dollar industry into a billion (trillion?) dollar industry in the next five to ten years."
miKnutty (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:19:31 PM

Favourite quote:

"We’re constantly burning newcomers to the scene in the name of short-term profit. Every day this continues we’re destroying the chance of turning this million dollar industry into a billion (trillion?) dollar industry in the next five to ten years."

Yeah a great quote, such a true statement.
Paxter

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:30:34 PM

BRAVO!!!

get ready before u start reading grab a large cup of coffe and sit on the couch this is worth it

the analysis is perfect i do agree to almost everything

part 2.8 about POS is where i think we as a community must have a reflection

personnaly i think POS is the better option for one reason interest i dont like having my cash in the bank a 0% interest and as far as im concerned that what keep me looking at my HBN wallet every day.

HBN is overkill but a 5-7 % annual rate is not and it help stabilized the market and prevent dump

IMO we are trying to create a currency we have to look at the bank and see what is important to keep customer interested in their service nobody ever talk that we might need loan one day and as a noble holder i might be able to provide that service but i must have noble to do that.  the fact that i never sold my hobo its because it reward me but if i need something like an asic and they accept hobo i will use them

thats my opinion

I welcome the change and will support noble time will tell

james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:40:13 PM

Just finished it.

Pretty powerful read, I even learned some stuff!
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:26:10 PM

I have a good amount of feedback that I'll try to provide in the upcoming days on this.

Overall, this was very well organized and provided nice insight. Some sections could be beefed up and some of the arguments aren't as cogent as they could be; however, there are many valid points brought up in this paper. This was a really solid read.
miKnutty (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:44:55 PM

Just finished it.

Pretty powerful read, I even learned some stuff!

I found myself taking away the same things James. An extremely powerful article and even for someone who's been around the scene for maybe half a year will still gain some beneficial knowledge.

I have a good amount of feedback that I'll try to provide in the upcoming days on this.

Overall, this was very well organized and provided nice insight. Some sections could be beefed up and some of the arguments aren't as cogent as they could be; however, there are many valid points brought up in this paper. This was a really solid read.

Definitely, additions are definitely going to be coming!
bob131313

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:18:18 PM

This was a good read and worth the time.
Ideas for improvements:
Add a few graphics showing average coin life, # of coins released in last year etc.
Add graphics showing the standard expected value adjustment when a coin hits a major exchange ( this has been mitigated since we have a ton of random exchanges now)
Add a small bio for each of the more vocal community members. :-)

Good luck.
precrime3

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 04:20:56 PM

What a read! Will proabbly reference this when introducing a newbie to alternative cryptocurrencies, or recognizing trends in coins, or algos. Very helpful!

murkster

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 04:32:32 PM

Just finished reading. Excellent informing and eye opening.

Cryptorush just tweeted no trades on all relevant coins until KGW patch implemented....

~NOBLE: 9nob1eN1GAte3sbZsfPDkw74JDxT2hbXRo ~
murkster

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 04:33:21 PM

Just to add, is there a concise explantionnof the mining and pool inner workings anywher??

adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:47:36 PM

This was a great read. It puts the whole crypto-community and crypto-world into perspective and was spot on. I appreciated it and know that many, many others will as well if they take the time to read it. To me, this proves more than anything that the team behind the Noblecoin Movement is second to none.
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 04:56:43 PM

Why am i seeing people with noblecoin in their signatures posting nice things about this
adam1230
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:58:09 PM

Why am i seeing people with noblecoin in their signatures posting nice things about this

Because we were the 1st ones to read it seeing as it was released on our thread by our dev initially.

So now you read it with nothing NOBLE in your sig and you can post nice things about it as well.
kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 05:01:19 PM

nice, i love NOBL.

pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 05:06:38 PM

Because we were the 1st ones to read it seeing as it was released on our thread by our dev initially.

So now you read it with nothing NOBLE in your sig and you can post nice things about it as well.

Hmm, looks like the dev has put in a lot of time in it. Will read in free time
kresu

Activity: 326

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:44:45 PM

The document amazed a number of my friends not involved in NOBL... Good sign!

Indeed, a great read.

Anyway, I expect very broad range of reactions .... from applause and bows, through meaningful silence, to open attacks and even fury.

A funny idea came to me now — this document should be available to the newcomers on every new ANN thread with every new coin.
As an informative guide.

Then, if the dev team removes that post... or react otherwise, the crowd would know a little bit more about that particular dev team and about possible scenarios for that particular coin.

murkster

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 05:47:32 PM

Indeed, a great read.

Anyway, I expect very broad range of reactions .... from applause and bows, through meaningful silence, to open attacks and even fury.

A funny idea came to me now — this document should be available to the newcomers on every new ANN thread with every new coin.
As an informative guide.

Then, if the dev team removes that post... or react otherwise, the crowd would know a little bit more about that particular dev team and about possible scenarios for that particular coin.

+1 Smiley

adam1230
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:06:04 PM

Indeed, a great read.

As an informative guide.

+1 Smiley

+1 keep 'em honest
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: