Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:47:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: mizerydearia's obnoxious health escapade  (Read 5188 times)
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 01:00:32 AM

Regarding trying the doctor route, I am a bit worried or concerned about it in relation to how costly it will be and especially to the reality that I have no money.  Well.... I could sell my computers and clothes for money, but that seems ineffective or not enough value to be useful for my health or other expenses.  And I don't think I could manage existing nekkid afterwards for too long, especially during this winter.

Post your bitcoin address here and maybe we can get some money together for you to go to the doctor. I'll put in 25 btc to start.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mizerydearia (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 01:18:15 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2011, 01:38:18 PM by mizerydearia

I appreciate the offer to assist and help, for the moment I will not [yet?] accept any donations or generosities (even from my father, whom I'm afraid to burden any longer also in relation to my continued living expenses) to help in relation to my health.  I would first like to make sure I prepare for an effective and efficient plan of action.  That will happen after I contact some doctors and determine how best to proceed.

I do not want to pursue the most frugal of efforts, but I also do not want to waste moneys unnecessarily.  Most especially I do not want to be taken advantage of (by doctors) and find out I owe an incredulously massive amount of money.

I will document all my efforts as part of my journal, and also I can report to this thread about my progress.

Also, I definitely want to provide further proof of my situation so that I can acknowledge the reality of this situation of mine being authentic and not evil scammalicious effort.  At this time there is no such reliable proof and everyone should preserve skepticism before considering any generosity, though I appreciate the sentiment.

For now, I have yet to make calls.

On another note, I prepared the "health-journal" repository at gitorious so that other users can have their own health journals using similar git technology.  If anyone is interested in pursuing similar efforts, let me know.  You may contact me at mizerydearia@gmail.com also.
altuin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 10:21:30 AM

Go to the doctor once and don't pay the medical bill unless you absolutely have to to get another appointment
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2011, 12:16:56 PM

Go to the doctor once and don't pay the medical bill unless you absolutely have to to get another appointment

Good way to ruin your credit rating. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 02:50:38 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2011, 01:31:40 PM by mizerydearia

Though I am not autistic,I found this interesting:

skeptics "saw Asperger’s as an excuse for rudeness — or, worse, a means of pathologizing essentially normal behavior and diverting resources from those who were truly challenged."

and mention it only for the reference to diverting resources (e.g. wealth, time, emotion, etc.) which is impacted by posting of this thread.  You could use those availability of resources to read other posts and pursue other activities.

I may be challenged, but am I truly challenged (as opposed to falsely challenged)?

Also, thanks to link from deego, and although it is not directly related, this TED talk Dr. Terry Wahls - Minding Your Mitochondria is interesting: "Without your mitochondria you would be no larger than bacteria."

In the talk there is reference to "which compounds body cells can manufacture and which are necessary to consume in order for reactions to happen properly" and also that Terry Wahls has learned that she needs B Vitamins, Sulfur and Antioxidants for her mitochondria to thrive.

I have yet to pursue more activity in regards to preserving and maintaining my health relative to those and other nutrients, but I have prepared an introduction into doing just that as can be seen with "nutrient levels" here.  Perhaps with a blood test or some other sort of test I can have factual informations relating to those nutrients that I can reference as part of my journal and help me to determine what I need to improve.  I have yet to determine or understand how to proceed with obtaining these informations/data.

"And then it occurred to me, that I should get my long list of nutrients from food, that if I did that, I would probably get hundreds, maybe thousands of other compounds that science had yet to name and identify, but would be helpful to my brain and my mytochondria"

"But I didn't know where they were in the food supply.  And neither did the medical techs nor the food science techs with whom I consulted, but the Internet did"

"The Hunter-Gatherer diet has more nutrition than the American Heart Association diet, more nutrition than the American Diabetes Assocation diet and more nutrition than the USDA Food Pyramid diet."

It's interesting that even though my family which are also considerately understanding of health (or so I would believe considering some of their occupations relative to health industry) still are quite abusive with health relative to food choices.  For example during an encounter this year of bringing to their home (where I weas at the time) fast foods and offering some to me which I declined, it had triggered them to become ragingly mad (why u no eat these which we bring for you?).  So, while it is convenient to consider focusing on healthier prospects for all of humanity, there is still a lot of familial and societal opposition that continues to support the thrivingness that is the fast food (and other related) industries including poor selection of foods at grocery/food stores and even poor selection of vegetables, fruits, meats (e.g. monsanto, or cows, pigs, etc fed corn-based diets in which the meats packaged and sold from said cows, and wtf about meat glue? or this O_x ...).

Regarding the comparison of hunter gatherer diets to other diets from the american versions of associations/organizations , it seems that there is a concerted effort to better establish a lesser healthy individual by distributing and propagating such informations (the diets) labeled or branded with their seemingly friendly names and eye candy logos and other imagery which may naturally (or psychologically?) entice humans to participate and rely on such informations and influence and encourage them to preserve and maintain their health accordingly, only to fall victim to pursuing the diets and result with inadequate health and strength to abstain from the need to pursue medical or health expenses relative to the diets.  Anyhow, I look forward to completely ignoring informations from all such organizations as well as the related human peoples behind them as well as the many humans that are not behind those organizations but also share the same distribution of informations, feelings and other efforts to help and instead pave my own way (of course, with some help, but that of which I choose as opposed to that which is suggested to me (especially by doctors) that I am not convinced of).  And, related to help and as part of my journal, I am and will be providing full disclosure of everything (soon I will even start a journal of my food diet also) so that the reality of which all the things related to my humanness can be observed and evaluated in relation to my health.

Again, to some, this effort of mine may seem quite obnoxious and obsessive compulsive, but, especially with consideration of the corruption of industries and related misinformations as well as the likeliness that I am not all-knowing (like phantomcircuit) and make mistakes, I prefer to emphasize a public full documentation of everything so that in the case I do make a mistake (such as accepting or pursuing something relative to misinformation or other corruptions), that at least it can be recognized more clearly as per the documentation/journalistic approach in that my efforts are revealed to everyone and not just doctors or other 'professionals' that ask.  We are all professionals, whether professionally professional, amateurishly professional, unprofessionally professional, etc.  ^_^
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 01:31:59 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2012, 01:51:37 PM by mizerydearia

That study seems quite useful as yet another reiteration to resume consideration towards the patients each having psychological disorders as opposed to actual parasites, but does offer the reality for which investigations were limited such as with "There was no sign of an environmental cause, either, although researchers did not go to each person's house to look around.."

added: But even without the effort to look into each person's home, that is not so necessary, especially considering that whereever I go, whereever I live, the sensations continue.  So, it is not necessary to look into my home environments.  It is more helpful to look at me, to test me, test, study and investigate my hairs, blood, whatever.

As a victim of these very experiences that began a year ago, and the reality of which I know and trust myself (as do practically all people), I shall continue to strive fighting for my freedom to end these sensations so they do not occur anymore (whether they are parasitic or psychological), for it is the mere sensations that are disruptive towards me, and that is my greatest concern, to end them.

And in the case that even with much influence to convince all affected patients (and the rest of the world) that these issues are psychological (as per influence from such 'studies' referenced in the article), what then?  Then effort must be pursued to train the human existence to establish thought processes that do not trigger the result of the sensation felt, as with any other psychological disorder that requires the existence to take mental action whether at their own abilities (which are unlikely) or with the aid of medicines produced within the medical industry that do not curse or destroy the thoughts, but merely allow the patient to subside to a weakened mentality so as to not trigger thought processes to occur, or something else entirely, I'm not entirely sure.  I'm not familiar so much with the medicines relative to psychological disorders.

However, I still strongly believe that my issue is not psychological.  Even with the reality that I see physical events or occurrences that seem to represent a kind of fungal, bacterial or other parasitical existence, it is also easy to include such experiences as per psychological evaluation and consideration as well as to dilute the events with influence suggesting that as per the psychological impairment of myself, that the sights I saw were self-induced or self-inflicted.

To me, with the conscience, understanding and perception that I have as per my experiences, I truly feel that still I suffer something parasitic.  I have seen with my own eyes while holding a strand of hair almost twenty-four inches before them, the tiniest of things clinging upon the strand.  To the touch of my fingers, they did not fall off the strand as I brushed them gently over the span of the hair.  In each occurrence (so far four) of these experiences, the specks of whatever (parasites?) dissolved before my eyes in a minute, and what I had initially felt while brushing my fingers over the strand of hair, was no longer.  However, on the latest such occasion or encounter of the phenomena, I saw what was more disturbingly shocking to me, that helped to strengthen my reality of which this health issue is parasitic and not psychological (again, it is easy to influence anyone that this is still psychological and that I was seeing things or even that I had made up the story in light of self-induced or self-inflicted experiences).  What I saw was another speck of whatever that had dissolved and just as it did, the strand of hair from where the speck was to the rest of the length (about two or three inches) had instantly bent upwards as it cracked.  And what was left afterwards was yet another thinned spot in the strand of hair.  Even before that very experience, for well over half a year I have endured the process of which my hair has become increasingly damaged and started with the first occurences of these thinning spots in which each strand had only one, and most of my strands of hair were unaffected.  Now ALL OF MY STRANDS are so very damaged to the point of more devastating erosion and decay.  And this is only my hair, but I feel it is the same infestation of parasites that has compromised my hair that is also compromising my skin and causing the sensations that I feel upon my skin.  I cannot feel sensations in my hair.  My hairs do not have nerves.  But I can feel on my scalp, and I oftentimes feel sensations upon top of my head, side of my head, neck, etc and everywhere else on my body even recently including a few now internal that I cannot reach to relieve touchingly or scratchingly.

I am under the greatest of influences and considerations that my health issue is NOT psychological and that it is parasitic and I will not give up or be influenced so easily and instead prepare myself usefully to help establish precedent of which the health issue may be realized or discovered to be parasitical.  I have yet to see a psychiatrist or other doctor other than a therapist, but even my one therapist has on several occasions expressed that she believes my issue is not psychological.  I shall not give up.  I shall survive and continue to strive to help contribute towards discovering exactly what it is that is affecting me.  I continue to grow my hair and let it endure damage, and perhaps as it continues to decay and become damaged, perhaps it may be useful to study and test to determine if there are parasites infesting my hair and body.

Also, thanks for sharing the article!  Perhaps I shall contact some of the people named in the article and share with them my public journal and effort.

Also, I referenced the article and my response to my therapist.  I shall not add it to the journal, but instead offer reference to this thread as part of it.
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 04:00:25 PM

Have you been tested for parasites? There are objective tests yu can get done for this, and if found, it's pretty easy for doctors to kill them with an IV of drugs.
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 11:15:21 PM

Have you been tested for parasites? There are objective tests yu can get done for this, and if found, it's pretty easy for doctors to kill them with an IV of drugs.

I have not yet even seen a medical doctor.  I shall eventually.
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 11:50:48 PM

Ok, mizerydearia. I'm no MD, but  I know more than average about biology. I research neuroscience, so skin/parasites are not my expertise. I say that because, as someone mentioned earlier, if you go to a psychiatrist you will get a psychiatric solution... go to a dermatologist and you'll get a dermatological answer. Likewise, you will tend to get a neurological explanation from me.

First thing is you are way, way too verbose when you describe this stuff. You need to be more concise so people don't have to wade through paragraphs like this to see if you have included relevant info:

Again, to some, this effort of mine may seem quite obnoxious and obsessive compulsive, but, especially with consideration of the corruption of industries and related misinformations as well as the likeliness that I am not all-knowing (like phantomcircuit) and make mistakes, I prefer to emphasize a public full documentation of everything so that in the case I do make a mistake (such as accepting or pursuing something relative to misinformation or other corruptions), that at least it can be recognized more clearly as per the documentation/journalistic approach in that my efforts are revealed to everyone and not just doctors or other 'professionals' that ask.  We are all professionals, whether professionally professional, amateurishly professional, unprofessionally professional, etc.  ^_^

The next thing is that you seem very emotional, and living in an infested apartment (especially your initial experience opening the fridge) sounds like it was very traumatizing. I don't mean to dismiss whats going on with you by calling it psychological, but you need to understand why a doctor may think you would be prone to that type of thing. You also need to understand there are many quacks out there ready to take advantage of you by selling you placebos. On the other hand, the placebo effect can be very strong when it comes to skin sensations, etc.

I am pretty sure everyone has experienced the phantom cell phone in their pocket, or phantom bugs crawling on their skin if crawling around in a cobwebby attic, etc. This may just be an extreme version of that, a kind of PTSD. I'll ask one question at a time.

1) Are you on any medications (holistic or otherwise)?
bb113

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 12:15:14 AM

I just found this, so I will add a few more questions:

Summary of health defects:

1) Nibble-like sensations endured at variable intervals, frequencies, intensities and locations on what feels like the external surface (but may be triggered internally also) of my skin.

2) Damaged hair including strands of hairs from all parts of my body, not only my head.  The damage consists of of dissolved like thinness or missing chunks of thickness one or more times on most strands of hairs.
Unlike the above two defects which are a constant, this third defect comes and goes.  I last experienced it very noticeably early December 2011, though it still persists mildly.

3) Odorous saliva in mouth that is stringy and sticky and very noticeable upon awakening after sleeping feeling the need to spit a massive glop of smelly yuck that stringily dangles droolingly from my mouth due to not separating so easily as salival naturally does.  The feeling of disgustingness of affected saliva extends down my throat.

1) It appears you tried to quantify the intervals, frequencies, intensities, locations, time of day, etc. Can you put this in a more readable format (I do not understand your timestamp)? Once this is done we can attempt to look for a pattern. Also I am not clear on if these "nibbles" are painful or itchy not.

2) Are you constantly picking at your hair and skin? When you say "strand" are you referring to an actual single strand of hair? Do you mean to say the thickness of an individual strand of hair varies over its length? If so, is it usually thinner near the base? Does this occur in patches of hair, or is it only found in isolated strands.

3) Describe the odor. Also, what is the color of your spit? Do you think you produce an excess amount of saliva? Maybe you can spit into a cup all day and measure the volume.
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 12:22:23 AM

I have not yet even seen a medical doctor.  I shall eventually.

I would go and do this immediately.
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 12:54:37 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2012, 01:31:34 AM by mizerydearia

1) Are you on any medications (holistic or otherwise)?

2) It appears you tried to quantify the intervals, frequencies, intensities, locations, time of day, etc. Can you put this in a more readable format (I do not understand your timestamp)? Once this is done we can attempt to look for a pattern. Also I am not clear on if these "nibbles" are painful or itchy not.

3) Are you constantly picking at your hair and skin? When you say "strand" are you referring to an actual single strand of hair? Do you mean to say the thickness of an individual strand of hair varies over its length? If so, is it usually thinner near the base? Does this occur in patches of hair, or is it only found in isolated strands.

4) Describe the odor. Also, what is the color of your spit? Do you think you produce an excess amount of saliva? Maybe you can spit into a cup all day and measure the volume.

1) No and I haven't taken any medications in at least half a decade.

2) The timestamp is unix epoch timestamp.  Maybe see http://www.epochconverter.com/  Also I'll prepare a web based script to auto convert the timestamps and mention it here when finished.  The itchiness is relative to the intensity in which my mind comprehends the contact/sensation as undesirable and triggering of my touching it with my hand, and oftentimes also rubbing or scratching the affected location to relieve a mild itchiness that subsides upon contact, otherwise if left untouched, the itchiness subsides more slowly as with any other itch left untouched.  There is no pain other than the undesirability of the sensation which in itself is mentally or psychologically painful.  Also, though the sensations are not painful, in consideration of physicality, they are minisculy painful in that they affect a reaction from me to touch the affected area, but again, the sensation subsides.  It's been a while since I've had a mosquito bite, but I almost want to use mosquito bites as a comparison, but I'm not entirely certain from lack of experience with mosquitos in the last few years.

3) Yes, 'strand' of hair is what I meant.  I am not currently picking at my skin, however, regarding my hair, even before this health situation, I would periodically run my fingers through my hair especially so as to detangle it.  It is naturally curly and I've been growing it out for three or four years.  Regarding varying thickness.  As the first missing thicknesses became noticeable, each affected strand of hair still possessed most of its thickness (my hair was very thick since birth) and in just a tiny spot on the strand, perhaps the thickness of the sharp tip of a small hair scissors, there was a missing chunk in which the thickness in that spot would be half or less than half the thickness of the hair.  However, from later observations of hair strands, rotating them so I could see all sides of the strand I noticed that the missing thickness was not all the way around, and was only visible at certain angles.  After over half a year of many of my strands becoming affected I noticed that many of the strands were losing much more of the thickness across the length of the hair, but in many cases, not the entire length.  To me, it seems like the erosion or decay of the strands were gradual and started from the location in which the initial chunks of thickness were missing, and then through days, weeks, months, the thickness of the hairs were eaten/dissolved.  Now my hair strands are very thin, but still they are thick enough to exist and grasp sturdily.  However, several of my hairs have also become noticeably elastic or stretchy.  I'm not sure if it is perhaps the insides of the hair that are naturally stretchy and perhaps an outer protective casing/layer of the hair are not stretchy, or if there is some other explanation, but some of my hairs are stretchier than others.  As of now, the thinness of each hair spans across the entirety of each strand.  A few months ago, the thinness and thickness mix of each hair strand was in random locations in each strand, some perhaps near the base or root, some near the tip, some in middle and again, several strands had several gaps of thicknesses and thinnesses, and again over time the length of each span of thinness became longer and longer until now entire strands have lost all of their thickness.  I am not entirely sure, but I may have some of my hair in a baggy from years ago, that I used for a particular art project, and if so, perhaps I can make use of it to compare it to my current hair.  It will be a while before I can confirm if I still have the hair, if it is even useful.  Last part of the question, initially, it was isolated strands, but over time, the isolatedness of strands became not so isolated as eventually most and all of my hairs became affected.  And now, 99-100% of my hairs are affected.  I can't even find a hair that is unaffected to compare to anymore, which makes it difficult to realize the reality of which my hair was thick at one point.  The only truth I have to my hair having been thick is that of my memory and also especially my parents who are most familiar with me.

4)
<MC1984> next time you wake up in the morning, spit into a glass of water before anything
<MC1984> if it goes stringy and rank you have candida bloom i think
bb113

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 01:29:26 AM

Ok, more questions before I forget them:

Are you also losing weight?

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

How often do you bathe/shower? What kind of soap and shampoo do you use? Do you know the pH of your water (i.e. do you have "hard water")?
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 01:37:59 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2012, 02:06:58 AM by mizerydearia

Q: Are you also losing weight?
A: No, still I weigh ~120-125lbs as I have for the last 10+ years.

Q: How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?
A: 30

Q: How often do you bathe/shower?
A: Until a few months ago, once a day.  Now still mostly once a day, but sometimes I take two or more baths/showers and have up to four times a day.  The reason for such frequency is so as to exist in a place that seems peaceful from the sensations, and during my additional baths/showers each day, I generally just relax in water and do not use shampoo/conditioner/soap as I'm already clean from a previous bath/shower.

Q: What kind of soap and shampoo do you use?
A: The same kinds I have for most of my life.  Currently and for several years I've been using TRESemmé products: particularly shampoo and conditioner.  And for the last 5-20 years I've been using Dove soap.

Q: Do you know the pH of your water (i.e. do you have "hard water")?
A: I don't, but the water in this home environment that I am currently living in has hard water.  I have lived in this home many times throughout the last 15 years and never had a problem relative to the water.  This health issue began at another living space, but I am not sure of the pH level of the water there.

Can you put this in a more readable format (I do not understand your timestamp)? Once this is done we can attempt to look for a pattern.
From https://gitorious.org/health-journal/mizerydearia/trees/master
http://65.30.35.48/nibbles.2011.11.21.php
http://65.30.35.48/nibbles.2011.12.11.php
http://65.30.35.48/nibbles.2011.12.12.php
bb113

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 02:33:12 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2012, 02:43:20 AM by bitcoinbitcoin113

So, for what its worth, right now here is my hypothesis:

You are a naturally emotional person, and have an especially strong reaction to stress. You were put in a very stressful environment for a sustained period, associated with insects and infestation. It is well known that there is a strong interplay between the brain, stress hormones, and the immune system. The skin and your mucus membranes are the main barrier between your body and the outside world, so a properly functioning immune system is crucial to skin health. You can look up "PTSD and skin problems" to see that it is a common complaint.

So stress -> aberrant immune system -> the various factors responsible for keeping your skin and and mucus membranes functioning properly are out of balance

This is leading to dried out, sensitive, inflamed skin. This can lead to the formation of various localized "autoimmune" reactions, etc which is leading to the random blistering and acne. Because it is dysregulated, your immune system is probably also mounting an excessive attack on the normal bacteria that lives on it and in your pores. Our skin is also constantly repairing and replenishing itself, this process is disturbed in your case due to the above mentioned factors. So you may be more easily injured than most people. So the blisters on your fingers, etc may be from you accidentally hurting yourself slightly without realizing it. The skin is then failing to repair itself properly. Perhaps you also have a thinner outer layer of skin, so your cutaneous receptors (touch sensors) are abnormally near the outside world, leading to extra sensitivity. If you are touching/picking at your skin more than usual it will also contribute to the inflammation in a process somewhat similar to the formation of pressure sores.

Your mind is trying to make sense of these sensations by relating them to your previously mentioned stressful experience with insects and filth. Normally our brains will desensitize to such stimuli over time, but your strong emotional reaction pushes it into your consciousness, so signals that should be filtered out by your thalamus (the sensory relay, or switchboard of your brain) are making it through.

Further, your skin is also responsible for producing your hair and secreting oils that wick up the strand to protect it. Your skin is inflamed so it is not producing enough oil to protect your hair. You may be bathing more than the usual person as a response to the above problems, because it provides you with temporary relief. Unfortunately this is having the unintended side effect of further drying out your skin and hair. This unprotected hair is unusually susceptible to high pH water and soap/detergents found in shampoo. The bonds that holds the main component of your hair (keratin) together are called disulphide bonds. These are broken by high pH solutions. An example of this is the straight, thinner hair that results from perms.

You also probably have some social anxiety which is feeding back on the stress response in a vicious cycle.

So stress -> aberrant immune system -> inflamed skin and mucus membranes -> unusual sensations + unprotected hair -> perception of a parasite infestation and weak, thinning hair.

The root cause here is stress... so anti-anxiety, anti-depression meds may help. But these are usually expensive and have their own side effects. Obviously there are also non-pharmaceutical therapies you can try such as cognitive behavioral therapy, meditation, exercise, a fulfilling  job or hobby, etc.

The second factor is inflammation. Anti-inflammatory medications may help, however, these also come with their own side effects. A healthy diet and exercise will also often help to reduce hyperinflammation.

You can keep your skin from drying out by covering it with a layer of oil, such as found in lotions. However, since it may already be inflamed I would worry somewhat about developing a reaction to the lotion. Likewise with using conditioner on your hair. You can also try getting a water softening shower head.

I don't expect your problem is due to an actual parasite or anything like that, but on the outside chance it is you would be advised to do as BrightAnarchist says and go to an actual doctor. Really you should go to a doctor no matter what because it is clear you are having problems, whether psychological or not.
bb113

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 02:42:39 AM

I want to make clear that I think the above is only an hypothesis. It is a logical explanation, but the truth can only be figured out by testing it. I personally think the proponents of sub-clinical candidiasis are full of shit because they do not acknowledge that. Also my brother was into that and showed me a video of one of the bigshot proponents and he claimed to show "yeast in the blood" when I could clearly see it as an air bubble caught in between the slide and the coverslip. There were other scammy aspects to it as well. As you can see from my post above, if you know a little about biology it is possible to come up with all sorts of logical, sciency sounding narratives.

Go to a doctor, and be prepared to describe to them what is going on concisely. Also, although you are not an expert, you know much more about it than them. Propose various theories such as what I have provided. BUT, keep in mind most doctors are not experts in everything, so do not trust blindly. Think about it like asking directions. If I am lost in an unfamiliar place, I usually ask until at least 3 people agree on which direction to go before trusting it. I would treat a doctors recommendation the same way.
bb113

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 02:57:08 AM

Oh yea, please go to an actual M.D.. Do not rely on chiropractors, an O.D., or other types of naturalistic or homeopathic "healers". While some of them may be onto something, the vast majority are either ignorant or scam artists. One last thing, I would also suggest setting a goal of getting yourself into a mental and physical state that enables you to get laid. Lots of girls like weird shit, you'd be surprised.
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 03:11:14 AM

Also, I just want to add that some of the nibbles feel like something is flying and bumping into me, and that has been the case since the very first of sensations and the reason why I thought they were bugs (also because I saw bugs, but never saw them on me).

Thanks for this!
bb113

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 03:20:51 AM

You may be more motivated than me... if you put this into an excel file, and develop some coding system for body region (1=thumb, 2= thigh, etc) I will search for patterns.

From https://gitorious.org/health-journal/mizerydearia/trees/master
http://65.30.35.48/nibbles.2011.11.21.php
http://65.30.35.48/nibbles.2011.12.11.php
http://65.30.35.48/nibbles.2011.12.12.php

Also, I just want to add that some of the nibbles feel like something is flying and bumping into me, and that has been the case since the very first of sensations and the reason why I thought they were bugs (also because I saw bugs, but never saw them on me).

Thanks for this!

The place in your skin where hair is generated (the hair follicles) are innervated. If you are extra sensitive to your hair moving about due to a breeze, etc... or even if your signal to noise ratio is very low, it would explain these sensations.
LoupGaroux

Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 04:25:25 AM

A tangential thought... given the conditions that you described at the apartment where these symptoms first presented themselves, you might consider getting the services of a Legal Aid (pro bono/free) attorney to work with you on a case against the slumlord. And possibly your father for Adult Abuse. Anyone maintaining a "living" situation like that is guilty of a number of crimes, and if your father forced you against your better judgement and will to live there, he may also have some liability. That might help with any costs associated with getting good quality medical care. You might also want to check with the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. It is probably the best medical facility in the US, and they do not dismiss patients with vague claims of psychological issues, they work with you whatever the reason.

You should also present you thoughts to your local Health officials, if the root cause is environmental, and is linked to the apartment, they can bring significant resources to bear on getting action to investigate the building, to possibly condemn the building if it is a hazard, and directing you to care.

Good luck.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: