Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:25:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much are they making?  (Read 1232 times)
Fior Sirtheoir (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:06:22 PM

I have been looking on the internet and have yet to find any information about the exchange markets' gross and net.  Anyone have any source information on this?  Oh and how much has been invested in the market of exchanges?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:37:42 PM

I have been looking on the internet and have yet to find any information about the exchange markets' gross and net.  Anyone have any source information on this?  Oh and how much has been invested in the market of exchanges?

Could it really be that hard to figure out?

Exchanges usually take X% of every Bitcoin or monetary unit bought and sold.

Transactions fees or percentages are available to see on most sites before you even sign up.

Charts track exchanges' number of trades.

You have to figure out the extensive complicated maths. I'm guessing simple addition would suffice.

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:11:05 PM

I have been looking on the internet and have yet to find any information about the exchange markets' gross and net.  Anyone have any source information on this?  Oh and how much has been invested in the market of exchanges?

Check OKCoin in China.

http://www.crunchbase.com/company/okcoin
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:56:37 PM

Good exchanges won't make much.

Rogue exchanges and wallet services (which mostly steal) will make tons of money. Even dickhead Mark Karpeles had 500mil USD Smiley

This is the shit. Bitcoin is the new shit in making money out of thin air.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
Fior Sirtheoir (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:29:11 PM

Check OKCoin in China.

http://www.crunchbase.com/company/okcoin

Thank you for the resource

I have been looking on the internet and have yet to find any information about the exchange markets' gross and net.  Anyone have any source information on this?  Oh and how much has been invested in the market of exchanges?

Transactions fees or percentages are available to see on most sites before you even sign up.

You have to figure out the extensive complicated maths. I'm guessing simple addition would suffice.

You can walk on with your tripe condescending attitude...
BitcoinBobbeh

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:36:40 PM

I have been looking on the internet and have yet to find any information about the exchange markets' gross and net.  Anyone have any source information on this?  Oh and how much has been invested in the market of exchanges?

You can walk on with your tripe condescending attitude...

I wasn't being condescending, but if you took it as that, I guess that means it really was that difficult for you. *shrug*

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
Fior Sirtheoir (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:53:14 PM

Let's see, typically to do any math you have to have variables. So, without the variables it is impossible to do.  Guess that means you are correct in a hill-billy sort of way.
BitcoinBobbeh

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 10:18:52 PM

Let's see, typically to do any math you have to have variables. So, without the variables it is impossible to do.  Guess that means you are correct in a hill-billy sort of way.

Didn't mean to come off as dickish, I was just Saiyan.

thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 10:27:57 PM

Good exchanges won't make much.

Rogue exchanges and wallet services (which mostly steal) will make tons of money. Even dickhead Mark Karpeles had 500mil USD Smiley

This is the shit. Bitcoin is the new shit in making money out of thin air.

Coinbase does 50k in transactions a day (what I made up from briefly looking at graph https://coinbase.com/charts.  They hit you when you buy and sell.
What is an average transaction? One BTC - $225000 a day at $450 1 percent?  $10 average transaction (highly unlikely) $5000?  Then again that 50k is transactions, not buy/sell, but i'd imagine at least half are for buying and selling, as why else would you use coinbase?
I don't know what these exchanges cost to run, but from what I can see opening a legit exchange like coinbase seems to make huge profits, and they deserve to as they are the only legitimate usd exchange in my eyes, so they can get away with 1 percent premium and even more if they really wanted to fuck us.  
There is tons of money being made, and to not think so is naive.    
ryanmnercer

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 12:06:40 PM

They are making enough to be profitable, likely very small staffs as well... with the hopes that adoption will continue to increase, a half percent of 50k a day is what 250-500$ a day (hitting on send or send & receive), that's more than I do in sales some days via my small business... but they are looking forward to the day when a million or more when you are talking 5-10k a day in fees.

Their biggest expense hands down is bandwidth and I imagine they have investor money that's currently covering the bills (like any other tech startup).

Buy peptides with BTC
johnytelevision

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:19:15 PM

There are plenty of source out there. What I notice there aren't that many proper economical info and data, similar to one i can find at my  economics universities library.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: