Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:08:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to pay bills in the US from overseas?  (Read 711 times)
zeetubes (OP)

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:21:28 AM

Hi, I have a few bills I need to pay in the US but I don't have a bank account there. Any suggestions as to what would be the most efficient and cheapest way to pay them going from BTC to USD? I guess I could do several wire transfers but that is painful. It's probably going to be an ongoing situation so I don't have an issue setting up an account with a US exchange if I need to.  
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:11:49 AM

Hi, I have a few bills I need to pay in the US but I don't have a bank account there. Any suggestions as to what would be the most efficient and cheapest way to pay them going from BTC to USD? I guess I could do several wire transfers but that is painful. It's probably going to be an ongoing situation so I don't have an issue setting up an account with a US exchange if I need to.  

Billing companies prob accept credit cards and paypal, exchange coins to either one from the myriad of exchangers on IRC and here
keithcpaulk

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:44:01 AM

Most of them accept credit card, if you don't credit card then try pre paid cards.
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:57:15 PM

If you need to pay bills in USD to entities that don't accept credit cards (or you don't have a credit card) then you should probably look into currency exchange services in your own country. For example in UK we have HiFX, TransferWise etc. I don't know where you are so have no idea if this is feasible for you.

You are very unlikely to be able to withdraw funds from virtual currency exchanges to different recipient USD accounts as this is expressly against the anti-money laundering controls that I have seen on every one of them, and they will suspend your account if you try this.
Sage

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:52:38 AM

Not sure if it's doable with your bills, but you might want to try some Bitcoin proxy buying services.

You give them Bitcoins, they make your purchase.

https://all4btc.com/
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:44:56 PM

More power to these businesses, the new era of new companies is upon all of us.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: