Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:51:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Building twin 5 Megawatt Facilities for Miner Colo in Mexico.  (Read 851 times)
619mining (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:09:10 AM

I am in the final phases of building out twin buildings in Mexico for colo of Bitcoin minting equipment.

Initially these were to be data centers for some government contracts we had however plans have changed
and due to the power we have (5 Megawatts per building) I am re-purposing the buildings for bitcoin as we
are not interested in general colocation market.

I will begin taking reservations for floor space starting with this post.  If you wish to reserve power and
space please contact me by PM here.

Features of the centers:
1. 5 Megawatts of power per building, expandable. Starting with 10Mw total between them both.
2. We have decided to not install UPS/GENERATORS due to the fact that the original purpose
of the buildings is no longer a possibility and bitcoin requires inexpensive power solutions which
generally out rule UPS/GEN-SETS.
3. Fiber connectivity direct to the USA with 400gigabits per second of capacity.
4. 24/7 Staff will monitor your rigs and hash rates and check any that have stopped hashing and or are performing low.

You must provide:  Your own fans & your preferred racks.

Were basically selling monitored DataCenter services and Power along with expert linux/tech help and hash rate monitoring.

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 02:16:03 AM

Pictures and rates would be good for a post like this. 

619mining (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 04:17:35 PM

Good idea!  I will get a photo album up as soon as I get some time today or over the weekend.

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:52:00 PM

How safe are the miners in a datacenter in Mexico?
619mining (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:11:14 AM

How safe are the miners in a datacenter in Mexico?

Its VERY safe.  If you are nervous about it though, you can colo in one of my San Diego buildings.
I have floorspace, cooling and power immediately available.

lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:53:06 AM

" 4. 24/7 Staff will monitor your rigs and hash rates and check any that have stopped hashing and or are performing low. "

How would you monitor the hash rates? Does this imply that the miners would have to mine at your own pool or through your own software?

My Questions:
1. What rates are you charging per KWh of electricity?
2. Does it differ between Mexico and San Diego?
3. Also what is the base monthly hosting fee?
4. Why not have a UPS as a true backup in case your facility experiences a power outage? Or do you plan on compensating for that lost mining time?

Without this very basic information you won't gather very much interest.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
erono

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:04:59 AM

I'm frankly a bit surprised that you're actively mining today. The difficulty is set to rise >30% in a few hours.

lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:27:32 AM

I'm frankly a bit surprised that you're actively mining today. The difficulty is set to rise >30% in a few hours.

There will be miners for the entire life of bitcoin, irregardless of difficulty increases.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
619mining (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:19:34 AM

" 4. 24/7 Staff will monitor your rigs and hash rates and check any that have stopped hashing and or are performing low. "

How would you monitor the hash rates? Does this imply that the miners would have to mine at your own pool or through your own software?
- We would monitor the hash rates in several ways.... 1. We can script it (were VERY good at doing this sort of thing) 2. We can watch your pool login for you and monitor your workers 3. We always put all rigs on a NOC whats-up display so if one stops pinging it will sound an alarm and our guys will check the rig.

My Questions:
180Kwh with full support services included.

2. Does it differ between Mexico and San Diego?
Yes, in my San Diego DC2, I charge 220.00 a KWh but again, full service. In mexico I can do 180Kwh full service.

3. Also what is the base monthly hosting fee?
180Kwh and 400.00 per cabinet.  Bandwidth for miners are included up to 100mbps. (mining takes very little).

4. Why not have a UPS as a true backup in case your facility experiences a power outage? Or do you plan on compensating for that lost mining time?
If you want to pay the enormous amount of money it would take to install a UPS capable of handling 5Megwatts, sure.. but no miners I have met
want to pay MORE on anything.  it takes a significant Non-Recoverable Expense to get all that done and miners are very cost-conscious.  Now, I do
own a center with a 2 Megawatt UPS and Generator however for me to give that type of power would be alot more costly for miners, however if
someone desired this I would consider working on a price for them in one of my redundancy centric facilities.  Maybe months ago it was profitable
enough to have UPS but the longer time goes on, the less sense it makes to spend MORE on mining rig co-location fees.

Without this very basic information you won't gather very much interest.
- Agreed, I was hoping questions would pop up so i can answer them. Didn't want to be too spammy.

TrailingComet

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:05:48 PM

What's the tax treatment like for btc mining in Mexico?

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:09:02 PM

No back up power.. what is the power stability like.  Daily brown outs would annihilate any mines I put there.
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:16:26 PM

[...]

My Questions:

180Kwh with full support services included.

Just so I'm reading that correctly, $180 per 1,000wh? Is that over 115/120v or 220v?

I ask because if it's the former, that's expensive. As it stands right now I pay $125 per 20A (2.3 KwH) circuit I use in my datacenter for 'street' (unfiltered) power, and while not 100% full service the onsite techs help me move and setup gear as necessary.

619mining (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:37:44 PM

"Just so I'm reading that correctly, $180 per 1,000wh? Is that over 115/120v or 220v?
I ask because if it's the former, that's expensive. As it stands right now I pay $125 per 20A (2.3 KwH) circuit I use in my datacenter for 'street' (unfiltered) power, and while not 100% full service the onsite techs help me move and setup gear as necessary."

We deliver on 30amp circuits, our costs cover bandwidth as well as dedicated DHCP services VERY specifically crafted to aid you in management of your rigs from remote while keeping them firewalled on private ips etc.   Were also directly connected to 32 seperate networks so we have VERY good connectivity which aids in smooth hash rates and workload.

619mining (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:38:20 PM

No back up power.. what is the power stability like.  Daily brown outs would annihilate any mines I put there.

Very stable power.. have not had a brown out in three years.

QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 09:08:23 AM

I've started a H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0

Feel free to post your experiences with hosting providers.

Feel free to post your services (i.e. hosting ads).

Cheers,
QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: