Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:18:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding publicly visible comments to transactions?  (Read 702 times)
CryptoPanda (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:36:44 AM

Is sending money from blockchain.info wallet the only way to add comments that are publicly visible on the transaction explorer at blockchain.info?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 08:16:44 AM

Yes, this is currently not part of the bitcoin protocoll. You can however sign a msg with most other clients and make it public elsewhere.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
CryptoPanda (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:32:53 AM

Yes, this is currently not part of the bitcoin protocoll. You can however sign a msg with most other clients and make it public elsewhere.

Sign a msg together with the transaction? Which of the clients would show it when receiving?
vnvizow

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:52:20 AM

Not sure how that will help
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 11:29:51 AM

Sign a msg together with the transaction? Which of the clients would show it when receiving?

None of the clients would show that, but it is a possibilty to give the person you send the money a message that proves you send it.

Why do you need a comment when sending money? Its hard to give you a "do this" answer when I dont know what you want.
Currently it is not possible to send a message or comment or anything else with your bitcoin transaction, even blockchain.info is not really sending it with the transaction. Its just something they do on their server, thats why you only see it there.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
CryptoPanda (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:47:31 AM

None of the clients would show that, but it is a possibilty to give the person you send the money a message that proves you send it.

Why do you need a comment when sending money? Its hard to give you a "do this" answer when I dont know what you want.
Currently it is not possible to send a message or comment or anything else with your bitcoin transaction, even blockchain.info is not really sending it with the transaction. Its just something they do on their server, thats why you only see it there.

Ah you mean using the same private key from a wallet to actually sign a message. I understood you now.
Nah, I just need to comment transactions for the public to see, and was just making sure that the only way to do it is on TOP of bitcoin by using blockchain.info or other platform like that. And also to make sure that the blokchain.info comments are only visible there.

Seems to be clear now, so thank you Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: