Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:29:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saving these days is like scooping a leak boat  (Read 908 times)
Erdogan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:21:35 AM

Saving, these days, is like scooping a leak boat, because of you know.

Enter quality money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:39:34 PM

Actually, the second line of this post makes a good point:
The speculation/bleed-you-dry money has finally been pushed out, and the institutional capital necessary to grow the technology is finally entering.

The first line (and title), i don't know about.  Grin
bananaControl

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:52:23 PM

The speculation/bleed-you-dry money has finally been pushed out, and the institutional capital necessary to grow the technology is finally entering.

Judging from the first part of your sentence I presume you are talking about the price of bitcoin, and not investments in the surrounding technology, right? If so, don't you think that the big guys will be just as speculative if not even more? I'm very afraid bitcoin will become nothing but the new pump and dump scheme of Wall Street  Sad
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:56:43 PM

Judging from the first part of your sentence I presume you are talking about the price of bitcoin, and not investments in the surrounding technology, right? If so, don't you think that the big guys will be just as speculative if not even more? I'm very afraid bitcoin will become nothing but the new pump and dump scheme of Wall Street  Sad

That is a nasty potential.   I have not thought that one through, to be honest.
bananaControl

Activity: 322

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:06:01 PM

That is a nasty potential.   I have not thought that one through, to be honest.

Nasty indeed. And it seems like most people haven't either, they are too busy looking for the next ride to the moon to see it or care.

I always hoped that bitcoin would gain mainstream adoption BEFORE the big guys moved in. Lets just hope that some of the capital going into the infrastructure can up the usability of bitcoin and balance out the more "speculative investments" a bit  Undecided
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:02:41 PM

The powers that be would be delighted for Bitcoin to become digital gold. An avalanche of money to be made and no real threat to the dollar. I wouldn't be too shocked if there was a concerted effort to steer it that way.
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:09:21 PM

THIS.

This space is for lease, apparently.
Erdogan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:53:31 AM

The powers that be would be delighted for Bitcoin to become digital gold. An avalanche of money to be made and no real threat to the dollar. I wouldn't be too shocked if there was a concerted effort to steer it that way.

You can hope. See the holes in that boat? There goes the value of your money in your pockets, and the powers that be are those who pilfer it.

johnytelevision

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:25:05 PM

I don't think saving is such a bad idea. But i never saved more then 5k Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: