Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:45:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't have a credit card? You are a terrorist! [RT News]  (Read 1336 times)
Deafboy (OP)

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2011, 04:03:52 AM

Just found this on RT facebook page:

Do you own flashlights? Or pay with cash instead of a credit card? And do grocery shopping for the week? I do. You probably do – and guess what, according to the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI, that could make both of us terrorists...

http://rt.com/news/terrorism-credit-cards-government-613/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2011, 04:22:10 AM

Do you own flashlights? Or pay with cash instead of a credit card? And do grocery shopping for the week? I do. You probably do – and guess what, according to the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI, that could make both of us terrorists...

I just read the linked page. What stops me from calling the proper authorities and make up a story of how I just witnessed a truck leaving the back of some hotel after loading up with what looked like guns to me, and the hotel owner just happened to wear a towel around his head? Or, for that matter, the hotel owner is a redneck-type individual who rubbed me the wrong way when I checked in, coupled with the hot water not being hot enough (or too hot)? Or calling about that crazy guy down the street who's always acting weird? Or, and you liked this one, calling on my ex-wife because she bought 3 flashlights?

Deafboy (OP)

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2011, 04:33:24 AM

Don't forget to watch the video.
Here is direct link if your browser cannot play it:
http://cdn.rt.com/files/news/terrorism-credit-cards-government-613/i4fc1da902889465c943034dc03f738e6_dhs--using-cash-not-credit-cards-is-highly-suspicious--and--weird.ogv   Shocked
allten

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

You Don't Bitcoin 'till You Mint Coin

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2011, 05:20:55 AM

2/2/2012
altuin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 08:22:55 AM

Wow. This is a facepalm moment..
Ean

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 02:10:42 PM

Damn, I have a debit card ...

Quote from: Douglas Adams
The World Wide Web is the only thing I know of whose shortened form takes three times longer to say than what it's short for
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2011, 02:26:19 PM

I just read the linked page. What stops me from calling the proper authorities and make up a story of how I just witnessed a truck leaving the back of some hotel after loading up with what looked like guns to me, and the hotel owner just happened to wear a towel around his head? Or, for that matter, the hotel owner is a redneck-type individual who rubbed me the wrong way when I checked in, coupled with the hot water not being hot enough (or too hot)? Or calling about that crazy guy down the street who's always acting weird? Or, and you liked this one, calling on my ex-wife because she bought 3 flashlights?

Well nothing stops you, you could always do that.  Filing a false police report is a real consequence though, can be a felony depending on the case.  The person you called the cops on can also file a civil suit independently; slander, loss of business, fees, whatever else the lawyers can think of.  

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 02:50:45 PM

Soon they'll be forcing us to use credit cards...

(BFL)^2 < 0
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 03:31:13 PM

Shit, I knew something was wrong with me...
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2011, 04:53:59 PM

Well nothing stops you, you could always do that.  Filing a false police report is a real consequence though, can be a felony depending on the case.  The person you called the cops on can also file a civil suit independently; slander, loss of business, fees, whatever else the lawyers can think of.  

You are exactly correct, but I was planning thinking musing about doing this anonymously via my falsely registered Tracfone, purchased from Walmart, the same one I used the other day and yes, there's an APP for that, when I was driving to Chicago and saw a car with the husband and wife in the back seat and a suspicious looking guying driving, donning a bear costume... http://www.cultofmac.com/88842/reporting-suspicious-activity-theres-a-homeland-security-app-for-that/
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 06:18:37 PM

You are exactly correct, but I was planning thinking musing about doing this anonymously via my falsely registered Tracfone, purchased from Walmart, the same one I used the other day and yes, there's an APP for that, when I was driving to Chicago and saw a car with the husband and wife in the back seat and a suspicious looking guying driving, donning a bear costume... http://www.cultofmac.com/88842/reporting-suspicious-activity-theres-a-homeland-security-app-for-that/

Good luck remaining anonymous with your GPS-enabled Trackmefone.  Unless you ditch/resell it they will catch up with you eventually.  Perhaps there's a market for laundering cell phones.  phonecycle.com anyone?  Just trade yours in every week for a new one.  The constantly changing phone number would be annoying though.  However, I'm sure it would be worth the hassle in certain lines of work.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2011, 07:37:10 PM

Good luck remaining anonymous with your GPS-enabled Trackmefone.  Unless you ditch/resell it they will catch up with you eventually.  Perhaps there's a market for laundering cell phones.  phonecycle.com anyone?  Just trade yours in every week for a new one.  The constantly changing phone number would be annoying though.  However, I'm sure it would be worth the hassle in certain lines of work.

So much for that idea. I do hope that couple are fine, though. You should of seen that bear behind the wheel.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 07:57:35 PM

Bears are usually pretty nice people.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 08:33:54 PM

I see what you did there.

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 09:04:49 PM

USA seems to sucks a bit too much in these days... Come in Europe guys, maybe we will default all, but usa isn't better  Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: