Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:58:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened with CommunityCoin thread?  (Read 6173 times)
ShXnot

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:51:38 PM

maybe you again mate
thanks in advance  Smiley
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pabloangello (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:52:48 PM

Anyway,  whatever the reason the thread got locked is,  we must learn that the slow and strict distribution may hurt this nice coin deeply.  Longer the distribution lasts, More uncertainties we may have.
Dev, plz, speed up.  We have other options:

1. set a deadline.
2. change the amount of stakeholders. for instance, reduce the amount from 1000 to 500. Double their stakes (from 1mil to 2mil).

Be honest, a lot of senior members may NEVER care about your strict rules (perhaps never read it carefully). Your supporters are not those senior member who you expected to be before, but those believer on your coin!

This is ok we can do both fine for me. Indeed i am really tired about delivery and dealing with rejected ones and their attacks. If community in general wants we stop at 500 people and also set a deadline. But i need to have at least 10 votes and without opposite ideas.

i think deadline is a good idea
but what will happen to undistributed coin?
they will eliminate?
in that case, we will need another mandatory update and another official thread

any undistributed coins will be put in a wallet which we will publish the address. It will be used as future bounty for anything that will help the coin and community.

If this amount will be too big people will not like this..

lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:57:18 PM

Anyway,  whatever the reason the thread got locked is,  we must learn that the slow and strict distribution may hurt this nice coin deeply.  Longer the distribution lasts, More uncertainties we may have.
Dev, plz, speed up.  We have other options:

1. set a deadline.
2. change the amount of stakeholders. for instance, reduce the amount from 1000 to 500. Double their stakes (from 1mil to 2mil).

Be honest, a lot of senior members may NEVER care about your strict rules (perhaps never read it carefully). Your supporters are not those senior member who you expected to be before, but those believer on your coin!

This is ok we can do both fine for me. Indeed i am really tired about delivery and dealing with rejected ones and their attacks. If community in general wants we stop at 500 people and also set a deadline. But i need to have at least 10 votes and without opposite ideas.

i think deadline is a good idea
but what will happen to undistributed coin?
they will eliminate?
in that case, we will need another mandatory update and another official thread

any undistributed coins will be put in a wallet which we will publish the address. It will be used as future bounty for anything that will help the coin and community.

If this amount will be too big people will not like this..
i worry this too. better just risk and distribute more and let community bear the bounties

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:00:22 PM

there is another poll for the bounties and giveaway fraction.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=557616.0
pabloangello (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:03:02 PM

There should be main thread reopened or dev should make a new one if moderator doesn't respond.
Not several threads sown across forum.

vortal

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:04:48 PM

There should be main thread reopened or dev should make a new one if moderator doesn't respond.
Not several threads sown across forum.
I agree with you!
We need it if we do not want this coin dead.

xlcus
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:05:11 PM

Guys, I need go to bed now.
I hope the main thread can be unlocked soon.
If not, dev, you can reopen a thread.
As long as our community is alive, the new thread will be active and stay in the first page of ANN subforum.

This thread can be taken as the discussion thread.
pabloangello (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:06:28 PM

Guys, I need go to bed now.
I hope the main thread can be unlocked soon.
If not, dev, you can reopen a thread.
As long as our community is alive, the new thread will be active and stay in the first page of ANN subforum.

This thread can be taken as the discussion thread.

Sleep well, thank you for your engagement.

sprinkles

Activity: 397

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:30:11 PM

I'd like to apply and be involved with this coin. Will posting here count since the main thread is locked?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
xlcus
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:35:42 PM

Dear Dev,

I am thinking about why the CommunityCoin has gotten the attacks.
I think that the selections have been biased by your subjective judgment.
You made the rule 1, rule 2, rule 3 and rule 4, and later added the rule 5.
Some guys are totally qualified according to your rules, but rejected wrongly by your subjective judgment.
They spent time on applying and they thought they should be rewarded as they were qualified.
But they didn't get coins. They got angry. That's it. I understand if I met the same case I will be angry too.
You are pursuing the fairness in your only heart. But it's unfair for other guys.

Some thoughts about the "punishment":
crypto-dude said those early stakeholders who dumped their coins will be punished.
I think it's not a right idea. That's one of the reason I said that something has been biased by your subjective judgment.  There is not rules preventing them dumping. They didn't break any rules.
What the dev should be responsible of is to distribute the coin relatively fairly.
After that, just let it go!  Someone will buy and others will sell. Let's go like a free market.

[Before sleep]
xlcus
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:37:11 PM

I'd like to apply and be involved with this coin. Will posting here count since the main thread is locked?

yes, you can post your reason here (not wallet) or wait for the main thread unlocked or a new thread opened.
pabloangello (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:38:17 PM

yes, you can post your reason here (not wallet) or wait for the main thread unlocked or a new thread opened.

I don't want to say for dev, that I think he would probably temporary agreed for that. You can try.

Dev, what say you?

sprinkles

Activity: 397

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:43:22 PM

I don't want to say for dev, that I think he would probably temporary agreed for that. You can try.

Dev, what say you?

Thanks. So long as the dev confirms, I will go ahead and apply.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Thrillho

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 09:45:20 PM

I hope in this case the mods unlock the original thread. A curated distribution is going to cause butthurt, and sour grapes shouldn't close down a good thread that was allowing a dedicated community base to emerge alongside applications for inclusion.

Trolls were fairly well ignored, application rules were followed and broken, and a number of members were having relevant discussion about the developmental needs and aspirations of the coin. That conversation could of course be moved to another forum, but I think the vast majority of those involved consider BTCtalk a sort of "homebase" forum for altcoin discussion.

Furthermore, the option of starting another thread on BTCtalk disallows newcomers from investigating the nascent stages of the coin.

I appeal to the mods to re-consider the lock on the thread, and humbly request clarification on the reason for doing so.

Buy original NSFW artwork with crypto: http://holdenmatarazzo.com/
tseug

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:00:26 PM

Sad to see the main thread locked, just as I was about to apply. But I see from the responses in this thread it's okay to post here?

Well I'm not sure on what reasons you're looking for so all I can say is that although relatively new to the altcoin community I've already seen a fair share of coins comes and go, seemingly overnight but the ones that seem to survive longest so far (launched since I joined) are ones that focus on fairness and community, which of course seems the main point of this coin's mission so I'd like in.

I missed the boat on some and didn't like some aspect of others but this seems a great candidate for the ultimate community backed coin.

On me, I'd like to think I'm not a spammy poster and more often than not post something with content so hopefully I can help maintain a good S/N ratio.

Thanks for the consideration.

COMM: CWjCf3Pb6vAgpRxbP2CKQQFLBXYuS7axpG
SHA: STpwADnhpYk7ZAMRmJvFDJaXSSby3LpGiu
communitycoin

Activity: 126

COMM

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 04:39:16 AM

Yes of cource you can place your reason to apply here, and fill rest of forms we're still continuing delivery.

Regarding the matter, posted here an update:

http://ecoiner.org/communitycoin/dailymodo-report-locked-thread-bitcointalk-1569/#post7422

If thread stay closed for another 24 hours, i open  you open a new one soon. But this time i hope no body false report us.

Everything We Do is Driven by Comm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FEDrU85FLE
communitycoin

COMM

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 06:58:01 AM

Sad to see the main thread locked, just as I was about to apply. But I see from the responses in this thread it's okay to post here?

Well I'm not sure on what reasons you're looking for so all I can say is that although relatively new to the altcoin community I've already seen a fair share of coins comes and go, seemingly overnight but the ones that seem to survive longest so far (launched since I joined) are ones that focus on fairness and community, which of course seems the main point of this coin's mission so I'd like in.

I missed the boat on some and didn't like some aspect of others but this seems a great candidate for the ultimate community backed coin.

On me, I'd like to think I'm not a spammy poster and more often than not post something with content so hopefully I can help maintain a good S/N ratio.

Thanks for the consideration.
enjoy your application accepted.
there were 3 fakes and 1 real application which is you. At recent 4.

communitycoin

COMM

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 07:49:22 AM

new thread is here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=558011.msg6080042#msg6080042

HTC123

Activity: 147

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 07:56:21 AM

Yes of cource you can place your reason to apply here, and fill rest of forms we're still continuing delivery.

Regarding the matter, posted here an update:

http://ecoiner.org/communitycoin/dailymodo-report-locked-thread-bitcointalk-1569/#post7422

If thread stay closed for another 24 hours, i open  you open a new one soon. But this time i hope no body false report us.

Hi, Dev,

I don't understand why the rules have been made as you should obey them. I think you select the stakeholders by your own eyes, not the rules.

I applied one week ago by old form and new form. I received anything. And I explained and appeal.  No response.  I understand what Dailymodo did, although I didn't agree with him and didn't do the same as him.  I think there are not only me, but also many people like me getting the UNFAIR treatment.

I understand you are busy, you are human being, and you may make wrong selection. However, if you know you may make mistakes, you still never give the wrong rejected candidates any chance to appeal. That's the real UNFAIRNESS to them.

Buratino
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 08:20:50 AM

COMM team could gather all participation requests until a certain date. Then the rest coins could be distributed with a RANDOM selection. I think it is very FAIR. There is no subjectivity, there is FATE and LUCK.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: