Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:09:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Existing developer MIA and problems with the existing client, is it time to "hard fork" SHACoin in a new direction?  (Voting closed: April 06, 2014, 02:24:06 PM)
Yes. Its time for a new developer to take over - 36 (81.8%)
Let the existing developer respond and fix SHACoin - 4 (9.1%)
No. Im happy with SHACoin the way it is - 0 (0%)
I'm happy to follow the majority - 4 (9.1%)
Total Voters: 44

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [VOTE][SHA] SHACoin dev missing, whats our next move?  (Read 1462 times)
powersup (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:24:06 PM

Since SHACoin reached POS it has been suffering client sync issues.  The community has called on the developer of SHACoin to fix the client. For whatever reason the developer seems to not be supporting their coin.  We have tried contacting the developer but they are not responding.   

We believe SHACoin has great potential and the community has remained strong and rallied together to keep SHACoin moving. 

One community member has kindly raised their hand to take over development of SHACoin and attempt to repair the wallet, which could result in a "Hard Fork".

Ultimately we would like to hear from the existing developer, and of course their view on all this.  It is not our intention to offend or upset them, and they may have very good reasons for not responding to the community, but we feel action needs to be taken now before SHACoin is lost.

head over to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512808.0 to join in the discussion, or leave you views below. Voting will continue for 2 days.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:35:18 PM

Maybe is some dele over

Like nxt coin
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:59:15 PM

it's looking quite unanimous already.  Roll Eyes

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 04:00:34 PM

it's looking quite unanimous already.  Roll Eyes
may-be it is the same dev as graphene (scrypt-jane + pos) who is missing too...
we need a new dev, I have been able to sync my wallet since mining has stopped...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
netvaluator

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 04:49:06 PM

I asked the current owner of shacoin.com whether he was willing to sell this domain. Here is his answer:

Yes, shacoin.com is for sale, as it's no longer needed.  I also have shacoin.net, so you might like to have the pair.
Price is USD1,000.00 each, or USD1,500.00 for the pair.  Or if you prefer, BTC2.5 and BTC3.75 respectively.

What do you think guys? Should we buy .com domain? Only .biz is currently available.
mingophoria

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:34:36 PM

Do we really need that domain? the price looks very pricey.

Free BITCOINS N LITECOINS in your wallet everyday.
http://qoinpro.com/7314e7c13b16ece2e726a1e32650cd4a
"Pass the Flutter": F8WQXnNgmN9EpN3PWrztrNgDvmLpCjQudD
raskul

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:36:10 PM

we don't need a website, we need a new wallet.
the value is in the wallet, not the website.

stashdev

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

StashCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 05:55:26 PM

Hello, stashcoin dev here. I can take a look at the wallet and see what can be done, always looking for new things to learn. That is if no one decides to do anything about it.

raskul

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:56:13 PM

Hello, stashcoin dev here. I can take a look at the wallet and see what can be done, always looking for new things to learn. That is if no one decides to do anything about it.

please do. i believe there are rewards on offer. see the main thread

bayo

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:39:12 PM

Ok for new dev but who ?
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:18:55 PM

I got so frustrated with this thing that I sold out.

Then I calmed down and realized I wouldn't be so frustrated if I didn't care, and bought back in. I still can't get stake, and the coins have been sitting in an opened wallet for several days.

I'm not a programmer, but this needs fixed if the coin is gonna have a future. It seems to be a very cool coin, but it don't work right. Some people get stake every day, some of us not at all.

it drifts in and out of sync, has to be restarted often, and is basically buggy. Great concept, poor implementation.

Fork it.
raskul

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:01:10 PM

Fork it.

Fork it.
right up the ass

Xaltotun

Activity: 371
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:59:46 PM

I asked the current owner of shacoin.com whether he was willing to sell this domain. Here is his answer:

Yes, shacoin.com is for sale, as it's no longer needed.  I also have shacoin.net, so you might like to have the pair.
Price is USD1,000.00 each, or USD1,500.00 for the pair.  Or if you prefer, BTC2.5 and BTC3.75 respectively.

What do you think guys? Should we buy .com domain? Only .biz is currently available.

No. That's all we need to know. He's more interested in making a few k than fixing the problem. Fork this bitch.

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
██▄███             ██▄███
███▄▀   ▄▄███████▄▄ ██ ██
▀█▀▄ ▄█████▀▀▀▀▄▄▄  ██ ██
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██ ███ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄███▀ ▀ ▄█
██ ███▀▀█████████▀ ▄█ ███
▀██ ██             ██ ███
█▄██▄▀█           ███ ███
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄
||  Ann Thread  ||  Discord  ||  Facebook  ||  Twitter  ||   Github  ||
THE FIRST PYTHON BLOCKCHAIN

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
frank123m

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

*** NULL ***

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:29:03 PM

we need it ASAP!
powersup (OP)

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:55:30 PM

Yes, shacoin.com is for sale, as it's no longer needed.  I also have shacoin.net, so you might like to have the pair.
Price is USD1,000.00 each, or USD1,500.00 for the pair.  Or if you prefer, BTC2.5 and BTC3.75 respectively.

No. That's all we need to know. He's more interested in making a few k than fixing the problem. Fork this bitch.

the current official site for SHACoin is shacoin.co, and not shacoin.com.  they are two different owners.  we need to remember we don't know why the current dev of shacoin is missing from the community.  It could be due to personal reasons. And so we do need to give him a reasonable amount of time to respond before we start making accusations.

Take comfort though, SHACoin will grow with or without the current developer.
ixk1

Activity: 69

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:10:34 AM

----> The poll is absolutely in favor of someone else taking over.  

----> The current dev has had WAY WAY too much time to respond to ANY of the Issues at hand and did for a little while, but then no word from despite numerous attempts to get a hold of him from what I have read on Every Single One of the posts.  

----> There has been responses from multiple developers willing to jump in and fix because they not only believe in their coin, they also believe in this coin.  

----> The time to do this is now, the longer waited, the interest of the coin goes down and down

----> Domain for website - FUCK paying $1500 - personal opinion.. I think that the current dev is the owner of the domain and is trying to get paid by selling off anything he can.  But Shit.. get shaco-in or shacoin.info or .co-uk or w/e.. once it is known by the community which website is the real one, that is the one that matters.  That $1k-1.5k value he put on that domain is just that... the community wants it.. so it has value.. some1 just grab any domain.. even TheCommunityBasedSHACryptoCoin.com it does not matter...LOL

----> Based on every response about this coin, there is a SOLID community behind the coin in every area including exchanges and advertising methods being utilized, as well as once this is fixed I am sure even more.

Just want to get this all resolved, and see this coin reach full potential.  I have been following this every step of the way.  Trying to help a few newbie friends in crypto with it as well.  And this really is a nice coin and once its fixed could be better.  So please let's get this going.
jdh015232

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:32:49 AM

the dev can ALWAYS still help out, if he were to come back, and he still wanted to. but we def need a new MAIN dev, and the community can take care of the rest because i think this coin has potential also Smiley
svebos

Activity: 69

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 08:39:58 AM

Hold on to end of voting.

ShaBux.com Paid-to-click Website for ShaCoin
raskul

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 08:41:18 AM