Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:26:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How much longer will Bitcoin last?
2 more years
4 more years
10 more years
50+ more years
It will never end
1 more day

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much longer do you think Bitcoin will last?  (Read 4360 times)
ryanmnercer

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 04:11:25 PM

I haven't a clue. A month or a millenia I just don't know.

Buy peptides with BTC
go4nature

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 04:13:58 PM

Bitcoin will last another 5-8 years. It will fade away like many stuffs in internet.

precrime3

Activity: 84

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 04:28:15 PM

Bitcoin will last another 5-8 years. It will fade away like many stuffs in internet.

i doubt it will fade, there is so much money in it and with a market cap it already has, with so much support I doubt it will "fade"

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 04:30:13 PM

Bitcoins are here to stay. As long as human life exists in this planet, Bitcoins will also be there.  Grin
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 04:32:39 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 04:47:35 PM by gentlemand

Are we going to get the myspace/ facebook comparisons again?

Skipping from one free service to another with no impact other than losing touch with a few dickheads is rather different from moving tides of your own money into something new.

It'll be an epic ask to get major chunks of money into Bitcoin. Once it's in there 'good enough' become a powerful incentive to keep improving what you've built everything around.

At some point there has to be consensus as to what people are going to award value to or it'll disappear in a puff of vapour. If you look at investor interest, infrastructure investment and general excitement it's Bitcoin for now and for a long while to come.

Sure there are alts. There'll be more. They all do the same thing more or less. The same goes for domain names but a .com is worth a shit ton more than a .me.uk simply because we've collectively decided to value it at a higher level.

It's likely that a few years down the line you'll still own a bitcoin but what goes on underneath it is going to operate rather differently.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 04:53:38 PM

I don't think bitcoin will never end but I do think it can last at least for a few centuries.

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 05:28:33 PM

Until the technological singularity or nation-state super-weapon apocalypse, whichever comes first.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
skooter

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:37:28 PM

Depends on what you mean by last.

How long before it collapses and is worth a few bucks a coin again? Probably a few years

How long before drug dealers and other illegal activity stop using it? Probably a very long time.
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:43:07 PM

Everyone realizes bitcoin is open source, right? If there was to be some great improvement upon bitcoin, I would wager that over 51% of the network would welcome an update. Bitcoin can evolve; IF the need is great enough.
It didn't take 51% of anything to create litecoin, same apply for an improved bitcoin

I only meant that if less than 50% of the network refused to update for whatever reason, the evolution wouldn't take place. I don't see how or why this would ever happen, but basically I mean the majority.

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:28:48 PM

Technically it will never end, if at least two people keep using it.

The question is if and when it will be replaced as the most used and/or valuable cryptocurrency...

Ok once its mainstream it will last as long as people continue to use it,  Wont die from there, unless someone can destroy it

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:29:54 PM

Technically it will never end, if at least two people keep using it.

The question is if and when it will be replaced as the most used and/or valuable cryptocurrency...

Ok once its mainstream it will last as long as people continue to use it,  Wont die from there, unless someone can destroy it

it's not technically illegal to destroy it is it?

i am here.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:47:30 PM

Bitcoin will last forever.
Even if it replaced by something with a different name, BTC "started everything."

amspir

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:59:33 PM

How much longer do you think Bitcoin will last?

2 more years?
4 more years?
10 more years?

Or will it be replaced and deemed useless by another upcoming Cryptocurrency in the next month? Voice your opinion here!

By "how much longer do you think Bitcoin will last", I mean how much longer you think it'll be the head honcho, the king, the most popular Cryptocurrency...or even relevant.

Consider how long TCP IP4 has lasted, and the resistance to IPv6 adoption.   Bitcoin will stay on top for a while.
lnternet

Activity: 299
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:00:46 PM

Some grandma will be using bitcoin in 2068. But her daughter will furiously insist her to use the hexaflex vr-value protocol like she's told her sooo many times before. After a while grandma will spring back, hey look, transaction is confirmed, still works like in the old days! And then she tells some old story about a mining rig she ran...

1ntemetqbXokPSSkuHH4iuAJRTQMP6uJ9
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:12:30 PM

Bitcoin is going to last for at least another 4-5 years. In this period, major things in the bitcoin code will change. I would very much like to see something done on the size of the blockchain, a solution to get faster confirmations for quick purchases. If everything get sorted out, bitcoin will have another 10 years' of life.
crunchynut

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:18:36 PM

it all depends on if and how fast somebody will finally find out what bitcoins are good for.

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯

>>>>>> LAUNCHED: RAPECOIN - YOU CAN'T SAY NO TO THIS COIN <<<<<<

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
wittonline

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 09:20:22 PM

One thing seems a lock. BTC will not be anywhere near worthless (and maybe not even then if it's the backbone of the new option) until there is a proven, viable, and widely used replacement. If not now, soon will be a very good buying opportunity. I'm sure China and unknown regulatory environment right now, is all that is providing this downward trend and soon the next buying opportunity.
zooitje

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:37:32 PM

Bitcoin will be ultimately like BBS's. There will be some people using and supporting it because they live in the past and that is fine. But it probably will no longer be mainstream someday. When i just don't know but i'm sureit takes time.
buzybit

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 10:46:19 PM

Bitcoin will last forever.
You know why?

Because I will never delete the blockchain from my hard drives.

That's why!

thats right my friend
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:32:19 PM

BTC will last as long as the Internet.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: