Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:21:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BCN] Uncovering CryptoNote technology and Bytecoin BCN FAQ  (Read 13753 times)
Naka

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:33:51 PM

No, it wasn't a new concept, but it practically was. Tenebrix came afterwards. Solidcoin was a scam and I0Coin, Ixcoin and Litecoin all came out within a month of each other.
No
Tenebrix launch: September 26, 2011, 12:09:44 AM
Litecoin launch: Thursday Oct 13 2011, 03:00 GMT

I was mining them both from right after the genesis block. Tongue
Well, it doesn't appear to be 2009 from this https://litecoin.info/History_of_cryptocurrency
But you win.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:34:58 PM

No, it wasn't a new concept, but it practically was. Tenebrix came afterwards. Solidcoin was a scam and I0Coin, Ixcoin and Litecoin all came out within a month of each other.
No
Tenebrix launch: September 26, 2011, 12:09:44 AM
Litecoin launch: Thursday Oct 13 2011, 03:00 GMT

I was mining them both from right after the genesis block. Tongue
Well, it doesn't appear to be 2009 from this https://litecoin.info/History_of_cryptocurrency
But you win.

Yeah sorry, I copied that from the tenebrix source code and posted it but then realized that lolcust forgot the change the nTime in the comment from Bitcoin's, haha

There was fairbrix as well that came out around the time of litecoin, but because litcoin had block reward halving and fairbrix didn't, and also because fairbrix was relatively buggy, fairbrix lost.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:39:27 PM

There was fairbrix as well that came out around the time of litecoin, but because litcoin had block reward halving and fairbrix didn't, and also because fairbrix was relatively buggy, fairbrix lost.

Or maybe the name matters.
Fredz91

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 02:55:19 AM

Looking back I can only say every time people were going to analyze btc based on experience on something far from it (ex.,gold) they've made mistakes.

So, isn't it better not to compare Bitmonero and Bytecoin with Litecoin and Bitcoin?

btw, interesting discussion why litecoin become so popular.
madzooka

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:23:36 AM

I've posted updates on puzzles, CryptoNight, and community opportunities posted at CN forum.

Guys, what would you like to see covered in this FAQ? I'm quite stuck at the moment.

I think the last FAQ in Usage must be updated as it would be added to comkort.com soon
https://comkort.com/blog/news

Bytecoin (BCN) - true anonymity, privacy protection and only CPU-mining

Bytecoin address - 21eQrEa2wVcdnf8viyaDu78anS4aX3Kvqiyidan25UBCWRokFoTpAHk6hduLR1oBeJ7Map75dCQv4an r2meEiH4wKc1tbQh
Cheesus

Activity: 692
Merit: 254

terra-credit.com

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:46:39 AM

I've posted updates on puzzles, CryptoNight, and community opportunities posted at CN forum.

Guys, what would you like to see covered in this FAQ? I'm quite stuck at the moment.

I think the last FAQ in Usage must be updated as it would be added to comkort.com soon

According to the BCN main thread comkort.com encountered some difficulties implementing Bytecoin and currently contacting it's developers. Smiley

I wonder how much time it will take. Tongue

███████████████████████
  █████████████████████ 
    ███████████████████ 
      █████████████████ 
███████████████████████
          █████████████ 
            ███████████ 
              █████████ 
                ███████ 
                  ████ 
                    ███ 

terracredit

Powered by,
Stanford

Activity: 314

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:59:32 AM

Wow! I am surprised they are able to contact devs.

I don't even know anyone who had contacted them with success. We'll see how it would be this time.
Monkeyseemonkeydo

Activity: 246

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:00:18 AM

According to the BCN main thread comkort.com encountered some difficulties implementing Bytecoin and currently contacting it's developers. Smiley

comkort
22nd April 12:26
    "Estimation for BCN integration will be published later. We need some time for investigation."

Yesterday at 18:50
    "We don't have estimate yet, but we are working on it. We have many active issues today. Will keep you updated!"

Hmm ... I am curious is the protocol so difficult they can't add BCN to their exchange?
Cheesus

Activity: 692
Merit: 254

terra-credit.com

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:04:26 AM

comkort
22nd April 12:26
    "Estimation for BCN integration will be published later. We need some time for investigation."

Yesterday at 18:50
    "We don't have estimate yet, but we are working on it. We have many active issues today. Will keep you updated!"

Hmm ... I am curious is the protocol so difficult they can't add BCN to their exchange?

I guess so, would love to see some more info on this from Comkort.

███████████████████████
  █████████████████████ 
    ███████████████████ 
      █████████████████ 
███████████████████████
          █████████████ 
            ███████████ 
              █████████ 
                ███████ 
                  ████ 
                    ███ 

terracredit