Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 08:59:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know when an IPO is a scam?  (Read 523 times)
precrime3 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 05:25:46 PM

It seems even that with a trusted escrow, the general concensus is that any coin with a IPO and any percentage of premine is a pump- and-dump-profit-scam-run-away-to-hawaii-and-ride-in-my-laborghini. Im asking this as I would like to invest in some coins (not naming coins, unless relevent as I do not want a flame war between trolls and puppet accounts) by buying a stake in the IPO, but IDK which ones are legit, and which ones are scam.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:28:37 PM

Stick with BTC and LTC and you won't go wrong.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
precrime3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 05:29:14 PM

Stick with BTC and LTC and you won't go wrong.

I know, but there are some promising new coins, and I like taking a risk on getting a piece of NEW pie if that makes sense  Cheesy

softron

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:29:22 PM

Always use a trusted escrow. If feedback from other investors are bad u should cancel. Always go for innovative coins

precrime3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 06:32:32 PM

Always use a trusted escrow. If feedback from other investors are bad u should cancel. Always go for innovative coins

Edgecoin? They are using Annonxxx (forgot the numbers) I would like to invest in them, but IDK if I can make the cut-off date. I would also like to invest in The Munich Project, but IDK if all the people in thread are calling it a scam just FUD spreaders/ trolls or not. I will look back and see what coins I'm interested in that have a IPO currently, and post here to see what you guys think.

hypostatization

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:33:34 PM

3 character currency code = scam

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:34:27 PM

It seems even that with a trusted escrow, the general concensus is that any coin with a IPO and any percentage of premine is a pump- and-dump-profit-scam-run-away-to-hawaii-and-ride-in-my-laborghini. Im asking this as I would like to invest in some coins (not naming coins, unless relevent as I do not want a flame war between trolls and puppet accounts) by buying a stake in the IPO, but IDK which ones are legit, and which ones are scam.

the ones that are built on trust aren't scam (i.e. SatoshiCoin is based on trust of Bitcoin Blockchain).  all the Public Keys are listed publically, pretty much proving that we have a structured plan.   Roll Eyes

i am here.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 06:39:47 PM

Whenever it says IPO

Same as in real life. If someone says you have to send them money before you can make it you may as well just use a lighter on that $100 bill

precrime3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 06:43:16 PM

What do you guys think of Edgecoin?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=540017.0
Houseofcoins?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=553599.0;topicseen

ashapasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:58:48 PM

you cant really  Smiley , just have to trust your judgement.
precrime3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 09:24:16 PM

you cant really  Smiley , just have to trust your judgement.

My judgement? I prefer doing research Cheesy Which is kinda hard to do, as when looking through threads all you see is scam, IPO scam, shove this up where the sun don't shine, etc...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: