Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:41:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is Your Favorite GLBSE Stock Investment?  (Read 1650 times)
StewartJ (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Hey Bitpeeps,

I have just gotten around to signing up on the Bitcoin Stock Exchange.

I am curious to know what your favorite companies are on this exchange.

Who do you see with good dividend returns? Are the mining companies a good bet?

I've been looking at TyGrr and MergedMining as their forum threads seem to inspire confidence.

Also looking at Bitcoin Torrent with its interesting business model.

Your thoughts and recommendations appreciated.

Thanks,
SJ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 12:29:08 AM

Beware of Tygrr... The guy who runs it, Goat, makes a question of saying all the time that he helps orphans and I find it very suspicious... People that really help and want to help don't go around telling it to everyone just to feel more important, but that's only my view of the world Wink
StewartJ (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 01:58:39 AM

Beware of Tygrr... The guy who runs it, Goat, makes a question of saying all the time that he helps orphans and I find it very suspicious... People that really help and want to help don't go around telling it to everyone just to feel more important, but that's only my view of the world Wink

Sarcasm? 

So far I have raised $200 for them. Is that evil work?  Huh       Also there is no where in the TyGrr Tech thread about this. The two things are not related. Supporting TyGrr Tech is not directly helping orphans.

Too Late !!!    If only I had know before investing my shares in this orphan-hating company.  Wink   

And now for some orphan commentary from Nacho Libre:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rk8em3o1ak

PS,
Thank you Goat for the help with the share price discount, got the differential in my account.
StewartJ (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 01:59:40 AM

Who do you see with good dividend returns?

I don't own at least 1 share in every single thing on GLBSE so I'm not sure what the best thing is.

Are the mining companies a good bet?

I've been looking at TyGrr and MergedMining as their forum threads seem to inspire confidence.

IMHO mining is a good bet, but now that a lot of miners re-joined the game, I'm not sure if it's good to invest in them right now.
My experience with MergedMining is very good (pays weekly, stable dividends) - I'm not sure about TyGrr Tech, but Goat seems to be honest.

Thanks for the insight, have invested MergedMining and TyGrr.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 03:10:56 AM

Lif.M

If you would like info on investment ops in the community upwards of 1k$ that may not be available yet, fell free to PM me. Or if you're just curious even...

cheers

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 12:51:44 PM

As I run a Investment Fund, I have shares in almost all of the trust able companies on GLBSE.
I recommend TyGrr the guy that owns the mining company is very nice, easy to contact and listens to the share holders wishes, he has photographs to back his mining rigs up they do exist, he has also given out his identity. So TyGrr I recommend as they seem to be a safe bet and they are run in a professional manor, they have a nice dividend of about 0.023 BTC per share a week.
MergedMining I also recommend, run in a nice and professional way so far. Everything is running smooth and nice regular dividends. The guy running it seems nice as well. The prices for the shares has been steadily increasing so it would be a good investment for both short term and long term investment.
In general I like all the LIF shares, LIF.B closed recently which has pushed down the prices of the other shares as well as created a bit of mistrust, but I believe that the LIF companies are run in a professional manner and that are a good long term investment. They don't have that high dividends but the share prices have been on a steady increase over time. If you want a short term investment I would say go with LIF.M as they have a good dividend, if you want a long term investment go with LIF and LIF.A
Those are probably my favorites atm, if you want any help or advice just ask Cheesy
A tip is to always check for information about the companies before investing, as there are still some old companies that no longer exist on GLBSE as well as some scam companies that will run away with your money. Make sure all the companies you invest in exist and seems reliable Smiley Best of luck with your investments

// DeaDTerra

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 12:45:25 PM

Your thoughts and recommendations appreciated.

I would think that any companies that are generating revenue in terms of fiat will have a harder time generating dividends when the BTC exchange rate is rising (just as the opposite was true when the exchange rate was dropping).

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 02:30:09 PM

Sarcasm? 

So far I have raised $200 for them. Is that evil work?  Huh       Also there is no where in the TyGrr Tech thread about this. The two things are not related. Supporting TyGrr Tech is not directly helping orphans.

Wink
illpoet

Activity: 341

View Profile
December 29, 2011, 01:00:26 PM

i thought i'd ask this question since it seems kind of appropriate.  i'm new to glbse and i'm trying to build a portfolio (chicks dig dudes with portfolio's). and also i see goat reads it. so my question is, why is tyger valued so highly over other mining companies? i'm not trying to flame, just curious since its easy to buy a few shares of stock @ .14 btc but not so easy to cough up 3 btc for 1 share.  is it that he has a bigger rig therefore generates more bitcoins therefore higher dividends per share? or is it that his company has been around longer and consistently/relilably generates dividends? i dunno, from reading this thread i bought some mergedmining stock then went to buy tygerr but couldn't afford it.  i'm still thinkin pretty hard on buying a share but would like to know why i'm paying that much for it.
thanks!

Tym's Get Rich Slow scheme: plse send .00001 to
btc: 1DKRaNUnMQkeby6Dk1d8e6fRczSrTEhd8p ltc: LV4Udu7x9aLs28MoMCzsvVGKJbSmrHESnt
thank you.
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2011, 01:54:26 PM

i thought i'd ask this question since it seems kind of appropriate.  i'm new to glbse and i'm trying to build a portfolio (chicks dig dudes with portfolio's). and also i see goat reads it. so my question is, why is tyger valued so highly over other mining companies? i'm not trying to flame, just curious since its easy to buy a few shares of stock @ .14 btc but not so easy to cough up 3 btc for 1 share.  is it that he has a bigger rig therefore generates more bitcoins therefore higher dividends per share? or is it that his company has been around longer and consistently/relilably generates dividends? i dunno, from reading this thread i bought some mergedmining stock then went to buy tygerr but couldn't afford it.  i'm still thinkin pretty hard on buying a share but would like to know why i'm paying that much for it.
thanks!

He has about 10 Ghash worth of hashing power and this hashing power is divided by the 1500 Shares, Because the 1500 shares hold such a big amount of hash power each share is worth more than for example MergedMining where each share holds less of a hashing power. The dividend you will see per share will be greater than in most mining companies but it's also more expensive. So instead of buying 10 shares for 0.3 you buy 1 at 3 BTC. Hope that answers your questions Smiley

//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2011, 02:10:57 PM

i thought i'd ask this question since it seems kind of appropriate.  i'm new to glbse and i'm trying to build a portfolio (chicks dig dudes with portfolio's). and also i see goat reads it. so my question is, why is tyger valued so highly over other mining companies? i'm not trying to flame, just curious since its easy to buy a few shares of stock @ .14 btc but not so easy to cough up 3 btc for 1 share.  is it that he has a bigger rig therefore generates more bitcoins therefore higher dividends per share? or is it that his company has been around longer and consistently/relilably generates dividends? i dunno, from reading this thread i bought some mergedmining stock then went to buy tygerr but couldn't afford it.  i'm still thinkin pretty hard on buying a share but would like to know why i'm paying that much for it.
thanks!

Hi illpoet, I will try to answer some of your questions but will let others answer the ones where there is conflict of interest or based on opinion. Also I can only tell you about my company, not the others.  TyGrr is a large operation, maybe the largest listed on GLBSE.(valued near $19,000) It also only has 1,500 shares and of these only 450 are for sale to the public. Once these are gone one might assume that the demand would be higher than the supply and thus the price would increase. My dividends are listed in the thread and come weekly. Right now mining conditions are good so dividends are good. I am somewhat trusted and have gone out of my way to identify who I am and where I live.

I could have just as well listed 1,500,000 shares but did not want to take this rout. The main reason is the W. Buffet logic. If your share is very high, people are going to look at it and ask why. They will odds are like what they see so it great. If they don't like it, they should not buy. The second reason is it is easier to have a one on one relationship with as many stock holders as I can with 1,500 as opposed to much more. 3BTC is a bit high and I can understand that. I knew I would price some out of the market, and sorry to whom I did. However 3BTC is big enough that for most people to invest they are going to do some research and see if they like it before buying. Also I listed my operation on GLBSE because I wanted to support bitcoin and the GLBSE. I did not list so I could raise capital to fund the operation. I listed when it was fully operational and mining bitcoin.

I hope that this was somewhat helpful and can answer some of your questions.

Thank you:)

(I see DeaDTerra got to this before I did but I will post anyway:P)

haha I am fast as lightning xD
illpoet

Activity: 341

View Profile
December 29, 2011, 02:28:52 PM

thanks very much goat, i kind of figured that from looking at your thread and what not the dividends pretty much speak for themselves.  my initial investment was only 4 btc so it was kind of hard for me to take the plunge. although your quick response and from other posts all over this forum give me the confidence to go ahead and buy a share. i like bein "diverse".  i was also thinking of investing in the racehorse, cause that just sounds cool.

Tym's Get Rich Slow scheme: plse send .00001 to
btc: 1DKRaNUnMQkeby6Dk1d8e6fRczSrTEhd8p ltc: LV4Udu7x9aLs28MoMCzsvVGKJbSmrHESnt
thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: