FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1729
|
 |
September 30, 2026, 12:00:05 PM |
|
(Edit : added logs) Hi New Apollo III owner here from France  My unit arrived two days ago and node is now fully synced and operationnal. Unfortunately, the miner part is not working at all  When clicking the start button, it is spinning an spinning until it stops saying the miner is offline (see images below). Besides, it is showing a "N/A" in the overview panel in hardware errors. The fan has also a strange behavior as it launches for one second only every minute. Plus, I can regularly hear a "clicking" sound, as if the miner was trying to switch on but couldn't. I've just flashed the sd card with the firmware and complete the setup process again. Didn't do anything. Do you have any idea on how to solve that ? Thank you (please excuse my poor english)    Here are some logs if it helps : 2026-09-30T06:43:18.117929-04:00 futurebit-apollo-3 node[1610]: Error getting miner screen output: Command failed: sudo screen -ls | grep "miner" 2026-09-30T06:43:31.315092-04:00 futurebit-apollo-3 miner_start.sh[91318]: Started 2026-09-30T06:43:31.393437-04:00 futurebit-apollo-3 miner_stop.sh[92336]: Stopped 2026-09-30T06:43:31.394644-04:00 futurebit-apollo-3 systemd[1]: apollo-miner.service: Deactivated successfully. 2026-09-30T06:43:31.394900-04:00 futurebit-apollo-3 systemd[1]: Started apollo-miner.service - apollo-miner. 2026-09-30T06:44:01.528059-04:00 futurebit-apollo-3 systemd[1]: apollo-miner.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 38. 2026-09-30T06:44:01.537357-04:00 futurebit-apollo-3 systemd[1]: Starting apollo-miner.service - apollo-miner... I’ll quote the images. There are few logs, and it’s hard to determine from them why the miner is stopping. It might be a software error, but if reflashing didn't help, is there a way to see why critical errors occur when starting the miner? For this, you need the miner's logs, not the device logs.
|
|
|
|
tibiniou
Newbie

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
|
 |
September 30, 2026, 01:12:43 PM Last edit: September 30, 2026, 01:59:54 PM by tibiniou |
|
Thank you
The miner gives me no logs at all. Here it is "Unable to retrieve miner screen output: Command failed: sudo screen -ls | grep "miner" . No miner screen sessions found."
I played a little with ChatGPT exploring the options, and it suspects a problem with the temperature sensor. Seems the miner couldn't reach the sensor, and stops immediately the apollo-miner.service. So now, I have to understand if it is a firmware or hardware failure.
|
|
|
|
|
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1729
|
 |
October 01, 2026, 12:57:56 PM |
|
Thank you
The miner gives me no logs at all. Here it is "Unable to retrieve miner screen output: Command failed: sudo screen -ls | grep "miner" . No miner screen sessions found."
I played a little with ChatGPT exploring the options, and it suspects a problem with the temperature sensor. Seems the miner couldn't reach the sensor, and stops immediately the apollo-miner.service. So now, I have to understand if it is a firmware or hardware failure.
Without the miner's logs, one can only speculate about the nature of the malfunction. Based on this log, the error could be either software- or hardware-related, it is best to return the unit to the seller unless they can offer a remote solution. I wouldn't bother testing the hardware of equipment that's under warranty, what does the warranty service say?
|
|
|
|
|
crypto_curious
|
 |
October 02, 2026, 02:12:08 PM |
|
Thank you
The miner gives me no logs at all. Here it is "Unable to retrieve miner screen output: Command failed: sudo screen -ls | grep "miner" . No miner screen sessions found."
I played a little with ChatGPT exploring the options, and it suspects a problem with the temperature sensor. Seems the miner couldn't reach the sensor, and stops immediately the apollo-miner.service. So now, I have to understand if it is a firmware or hardware failure.
Sorry to hear your miner arrived DOA. You may need to send it back if it's faulty. But before you do that, you can try few things yourself, for curiosity: ssh into it, let chatgpt tell you diagnostic commands to run and paste back. You may get closer to finding reason why its not mining. Normally you log into it via ssh 192.168.1.100 -l futurebit replace IP with number assigned to the device by your router. Apollo miner is a systemd service there if I remember correctly, run via "screen", you can query it's status, or stop it (so it does not interfere), and run it by hand to obtain full logs, which you can then paste here or to chatgpt.
|
|
|
|
|
tibiniou
Newbie

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
|
 |
October 06, 2026, 08:52:04 AM |
|
Thank you both of you.
I played with ssh and ChatGPT. Copying the command results it gaves me, it ended telling me the miner couldn't start because of the temperature sensor which couldn't be reached. It makes sense because I can hear the fan briefly starting and immediately stopping, preventing the miner from burning as the fan wouldn't self adjust without the temperature value.
I'm waiting for the distributor answer now. Thank you
|
|
|
|
|
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1729
|
 |
October 06, 2026, 09:07:46 AM |
|
Thank you both of you.
I played with ssh and ChatGPT. Copying the command results it gaves me, it ended telling me the miner couldn't start because of the temperature sensor which couldn't be reached. It makes sense because I can hear the fan briefly starting and immediately stopping, preventing the miner from burning as the fan wouldn't self adjust without the temperature value.
I'm waiting for the distributor answer now. Thank you
It’s great that you were able to check the miner's logs. If it is a hardware issue, I wouldn't attempt to repair it yourself. In reality, the problem might not even be the temperature sensor. Impacts during shipping could have compromised solder joints on the chip or other components. Alternatively, even a slight voltage drop could be triggering the error.
|
|
|
|
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2259
Merit: 1424
|
 |
October 06, 2026, 06:25:53 PM |
|
Thank you both of you.
I played with ssh and ChatGPT. Copying the command results it gaves me, it ended telling me the miner couldn't start because of the temperature sensor which couldn't be reached. It makes sense because I can hear the fan briefly starting and immediately stopping, preventing the miner from burning as the fan wouldn't self adjust without the temperature value.
I'm waiting for the distributor answer now. Thank you
Where did you order from? We have had one other report of a failed temp sensor which causes the board to auto shutdown, want to make sure we get this back so we pinpoint the failure.
|
|
|
|
|
|
tibiniou
Newbie

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 09:41:52 AM |
|
Where did you order from? We have had one other report of a failed temp sensor which causes the board to auto shutdown, want to make sure we get this back so we pinpoint the failure.
I ordered from the official European distributor Bitshopper.de
|
|
|
|
|
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1729
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 12:27:16 PM |
|
Where did you order from? We have had one other report of a failed temp sensor which causes the board to auto shutdown, want to make sure we get this back so we pinpoint the failure.
I ordered from the official European distributor Bitshopper.de Your colleagues from Europe mentioned that it is very easy to return equipment within the first 14 days of purchase. I am not sure exactly how the process works in your case, but generally, if a customer requests a replacement with a working unit, the store tends to be more accommodating. All devices have a certain defect rate, and warranty returns usually don't present any issues.
|
|
|
|
Black_Onyx
Newbie

Activity: 3
Merit: 3
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 03:41:27 PM Last edit: October 08, 2026, 04:01:40 AM by Black_Onyx |
|
@jstefanop, I would appreciate your help determining whether this is normal or if there may be an issue with the back cover of my unit. When I received the unit, I tried to install a 1 TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NVMe drive. However, I could not install it without risking damage to the NVMe chip because the screw was touching either the chip or the side of the back cover (see attached picture). https://i.postimg.cc/FzPG4ZdR/20260925-231557.jpgI then switched to a Samsung 990 Pro, which has more clearance between the screw notch and the NVMe chip. However, with the NVMe installed, the screw still touches the side of the back cover and became lodged in it, preventing me from removing the screw without damaging the cover (see attached picture). https://i.postimg.cc/8CPR1WGJ/2026-10-07-173053.jpgTo try to resolve the issue, I opened the back cover, loosened the controller board, and pushed the screw to improve its position. This helped slightly, although the fit is still not perfect. During this process, the red/black wire became disconnected from the controller board, and unfortunately I did not see where it was originally connected. Could you please confirm where this wire should connect on the board and which side the red and black wires should go on? (See attached pictures.) https://i.postimg.cc/wBKCZqY4/2026-10-07-173803.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/DZ6RS1Jt/20261007-141417.jpgCheers!!!
|
|
|
|
|
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4998
Merit: 12573
'The right to privacy matters'
|
 |
October 08, 2026, 12:06:57 AM |
|
Fixed the pictures. My unit was also tight but not as tight as yours. @jstefanop, I would appreciate your help determining whether this is normal or if there may be an issue with the back cover of my unit. When I received the unit, I tried to install a 1 TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NVMe drive. However, I could not install it without risking damage to the NVMe chip because the screw was touching either the chip or the side of the back cover (see attached picture).  I then switched to a Samsung 990 Pro, which has more clearance between the screw notch and the NVMe chip. However, with the NVMe installed, the screw still touches the side of the back cover and became lodged in it, preventing me from removing the screw without damaging the cover (see attached picture).  To try to resolve the issue, I opened the back cover, loosened the controller board, and pushed the screw to improve its position. This helped slightly, although the fit is still not perfect. During this process, the red/black wire became disconnected from the controller board, and unfortunately I did not see where it was originally connected. Could you please confirm where this wire should connect on the board and which side the red and black wires should go on? (See attached pictures.)   Cheers!!!
|
| DΞX.fo | | | | | | ▄▄██████ █████████ ██████████ ██████████ ██████████ █████████ ▀▀██████
▄███████ ▄██████████ ████████████ █████████████ █████████████ | | | | ▄▄█ ▄████▀ ▄███▀█▄ ▄██▀█▄██ █████▀▀█ ████████ ████████ ▀██▄████ ▄████▄▄█ ▄█████▀███ ▄█████▀████▀ █████▀███████ ▀██▀█████████ | | | | | ..BTC......XMR... ..USDT.....LTC... ....Fees 0.8%..... |
|
|
|
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1729
|
 |
October 08, 2026, 08:12:50 AM |
|
  Cheers!!!  Check what kind of cable it is. If it leads to the power button, it should likely be connected to the POWER pins. The board turns on when the contacts are shorted, so it doesn't matter which side the red wire is on and which side the black wire is on. However, you can look for the mark left on the board by the plastic connector to see how it was installed at the factory. However, check everything yourself before connecting, if you have any doubts, consult a specialist.
|
|
|
|
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2259
Merit: 1424
|
 |
Today at 01:48:36 AM |
|
  Cheers!!!  Check what kind of cable it is. If it leads to the power button, it should likely be connected to the POWER pins. The board turns on when the contacts are shorted, so it doesn't matter which side the red wire is on and which side the black wire is on. However, you can look for the mark left on the board by the plastic connector to see how it was installed at the factory. However, check everything yourself before connecting, if you have any doubts, consult a specialist.No this is the power wire, it definitely matters which side is black/red. If you plug in the wrong way you will definitely fry the controller board. Looks like you yanked the whole socket of the pins, you'll need to remove the beige socket off the connector, then place the socket back through those two power pins and plug in the power connector. Here is the correct orientation since im sure more people than you will need this: https://imgur.com/YC1MhnT
|
|
|
|
|
crypto_curious
|
 |
Today at 07:43:31 AM |
|
Can you upload it elsewhere? Imgur does not work in some countries including the UK.
|
|
|
|
|
Black_Onyx
Newbie

Activity: 3
Merit: 3
|
 |
Today at 10:38:05 AM Last edit: Today at 10:49:04 AM by Black_Onyx Merited by crypto_curious (1) |
|
No this is the power wire, it definitely matters which side is black/red. If you plug in the wrong way you will definitely fry the controller board. Looks like you yanked the whole socket of the pins, you'll need to remove the beige socket off the connector, then place the socket back through those two power pins and plug in the power connector. Here is the correct orientation since im sure more people than you will need this: https://imgur.com/YC1MhnTThanks for the picture! Yeah, I saw the two power pins. Since just above one of them there is an indicator (O) under the "Power", it made me think they needed to be plugged in a specific way.  @crypto_curious, Here you have... https://i.postimg.cc/X7Bw57Rq/Screenshot-20261009-124122-Chrome.jpg
|
|
|
|
|
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1729
|
 |
Today at 12:59:14 PM |
|
No this is the power wire, it definitely matters which side is black/red. If you plug in the wrong way you will definitely fry the controller board.
Looks like you yanked the whole socket of the pins, you'll need to remove the beige socket off the connector, then place the socket back through those two power pins and plug in the power connector.
Here is the correct orientation since im sure more people than you will need this:
It is best to connect it as shown in the photo, you did the right thing by finding the documentation. From my own experience, I can say that wire polarity does not matter for the POWER button. I have personally started such devices many times by shorting the contacts with a screwdriver. This works on the motherboards of computers, laptops, tablets, and so on. However, if the wires connect to a different controller, then polarity does matter.
|
|
|
|
|