Bitcoin Forum
October 07, 2026, 04:35:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FutureBit Apollo III - Next Gen Home Mining  (Read 2528 times)
FP91G
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1722



View Profile
September 30, 2026, 12:00:05 PM
 #161

(Edit : added logs)

Hi

New Apollo III owner here from France  Wink
My unit arrived two days ago and node is now fully synced and operationnal.
Unfortunately, the miner part is not working at all  Embarrassed  When clicking the start button, it is spinning an spinning until it stops saying the miner is offline (see images below).
Besides, it is showing a "N/A" in the overview panel in hardware errors.

The fan has also a strange behavior as it launches for one second only every minute. Plus, I can regularly hear a "clicking" sound, as if the miner was trying to switch on but couldn't.
I've just flashed the sd card with the firmware and complete the setup process again. Didn't do anything.
Do you have any idea on how to solve that ?

Thank you

(please excuse my poor english)









Here are some logs if it helps :

2026-09-30T06:43:18.117929-04:00 futurebit-apollo-3 node[1610]: Error getting miner screen output: Command failed: sudo screen -ls | grep "miner"
2026-09-30T06:43:31.315092-04:00 futurebit-apollo-3 miner_start.sh[91318]: Started
2026-09-30T06:43:31.393437-04:00 futurebit-apollo-3 miner_stop.sh[92336]: Stopped
2026-09-30T06:43:31.394644-04:00 futurebit-apollo-3 systemd[1]: apollo-miner.service: Deactivated successfully.
2026-09-30T06:43:31.394900-04:00 futurebit-apollo-3 systemd[1]: Started apollo-miner.service - apollo-miner.
2026-09-30T06:44:01.528059-04:00 futurebit-apollo-3 systemd[1]: apollo-miner.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 38.
2026-09-30T06:44:01.537357-04:00 futurebit-apollo-3 systemd[1]: Starting apollo-miner.service - apollo-miner...

I’ll quote the images.
There are few logs, and it’s hard to determine from them why the miner is stopping. It might be a software error, but if reflashing didn't help, is there a way to see why critical errors occur when starting the miner?
For this, you need the miner's logs, not the device logs.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████▀▄▄▄▀██████████
█████████░█████░█████████
████████▀▀░▄▄▄░▀█████████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
████████▄▄░▀▀▀░▄█████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
 
 Lock.com 
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
 
  Open − code isolated Crypto Wallet     Sign Up    
tibiniou
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 4
Merit: 0


View Profile
September 30, 2026, 01:12:43 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2026, 01:59:54 PM by tibiniou
 #162

Thank you

The miner gives me no logs at all. Here it is
"Unable to retrieve miner screen output: Command failed: sudo screen -ls | grep "miner"
. No miner screen sessions found."

I played a little with ChatGPT exploring the options, and it suspects a problem with the temperature sensor. Seems the miner couldn't reach the sensor, and stops immediately the apollo-miner.service.
So now, I have to understand if it is a firmware or hardware failure.
FP91G
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1722



View Profile
October 01, 2026, 12:57:56 PM
 #163

Thank you

The miner gives me no logs at all. Here it is
"Unable to retrieve miner screen output: Command failed: sudo screen -ls | grep "miner"
. No miner screen sessions found."

I played a little with ChatGPT exploring the options, and it suspects a problem with the temperature sensor. Seems the miner couldn't reach the sensor, and stops immediately the apollo-miner.service.
So now, I have to understand if it is a firmware or hardware failure.
Without the miner's logs, one can only speculate about the nature of the malfunction. Based on this log, the error could be either software- or hardware-related, it is best to return the unit to the seller unless they can offer a remote solution.
I wouldn't bother testing the hardware of equipment that's under warranty, what does the warranty service say?

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████▀▄▄▄▀██████████
█████████░█████░█████████
████████▀▀░▄▄▄░▀█████████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
████████▄▄░▀▀▀░▄█████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
 
 Lock.com 
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
 
  Open − code isolated Crypto Wallet     Sign Up    
crypto_curious
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 958
Merit: 182


View Profile
October 02, 2026, 02:12:08 PM
 #164

Thank you

The miner gives me no logs at all. Here it is
"Unable to retrieve miner screen output: Command failed: sudo screen -ls | grep "miner"
. No miner screen sessions found."

I played a little with ChatGPT exploring the options, and it suspects a problem with the temperature sensor. Seems the miner couldn't reach the sensor, and stops immediately the apollo-miner.service.
So now, I have to understand if it is a firmware or hardware failure.

Sorry to hear your miner arrived DOA. You may need to send it back if it's faulty. But before you do that, you can try few things yourself, for curiosity:
ssh into it, let chatgpt tell you diagnostic commands to run and paste back. You may get closer to finding reason why its not mining.
Normally you log into it via
Code:
ssh 192.168.1.100 -l futurebit
replace IP with number assigned to the device by your router. Apollo miner is a systemd service there if I remember correctly, run via "screen", you can query it's status, or stop it (so it does not interfere), and run it by hand to obtain full logs, which you can then paste here or to chatgpt.
tibiniou
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 4
Merit: 0


View Profile
October 06, 2026, 08:52:04 AM
 #165

Thank you both of you.

I played with ssh and ChatGPT. Copying the command results it gaves me, it ended telling me the miner couldn't start because of the temperature sensor which couldn't be reached. It makes sense because I can hear the fan briefly starting and immediately stopping, preventing the miner from burning as the fan wouldn't self adjust without the temperature value.

I'm waiting for the distributor answer now.
Thank you
FP91G
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1722



View Profile
October 06, 2026, 09:07:46 AM
 #166

Thank you both of you.

I played with ssh and ChatGPT. Copying the command results it gaves me, it ended telling me the miner couldn't start because of the temperature sensor which couldn't be reached. It makes sense because I can hear the fan briefly starting and immediately stopping, preventing the miner from burning as the fan wouldn't self adjust without the temperature value.

I'm waiting for the distributor answer now.
Thank you
It’s great that you were able to check the miner's logs. If it is a hardware issue, I wouldn't attempt to repair it yourself.
In reality, the problem might not even be the temperature sensor. Impacts during shipping could have compromised solder joints on the chip or other components. Alternatively, even a slight voltage drop could be triggering the error.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████▀▄▄▄▀██████████
█████████░█████░█████████
████████▀▀░▄▄▄░▀█████████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
████████▄▄░▀▀▀░▄█████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
 
 Lock.com 
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
 
  Open − code isolated Crypto Wallet     Sign Up    
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2258
Merit: 1424


View Profile
October 06, 2026, 06:25:53 PM
 #167

Thank you both of you.

I played with ssh and ChatGPT. Copying the command results it gaves me, it ended telling me the miner couldn't start because of the temperature sensor which couldn't be reached. It makes sense because I can hear the fan briefly starting and immediately stopping, preventing the miner from burning as the fan wouldn't self adjust without the temperature value.

I'm waiting for the distributor answer now.
Thank you

Where did you order from? We have had one other report of a failed temp sensor which causes the board to auto shutdown, want to make sure we get this back so we pinpoint the failure.


Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Black_Onyx
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 2
Merit: 0


View Profile
Today at 04:04:44 AM
Last edit: Today at 04:19:09 AM by Black_Onyx
 #168

Hello,

After 4 month of waiting it finally arrived last week and working flawlessly.

Wish the UI would have a little more options but looking good.

https://i.postimg.cc/kXfbWRMN/Screenshot-20261006-155152-Chrome.jpg
tibiniou
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 4
Merit: 0


View Profile
Today at 09:41:52 AM
 #169



Where did you order from? We have had one other report of a failed temp sensor which causes the board to auto shutdown, want to make sure we get this back so we pinpoint the failure.



I ordered from the official European distributor Bitshopper.de
FP91G
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1722



View Profile
Today at 12:27:16 PM
 #170



Where did you order from? We have had one other report of a failed temp sensor which causes the board to auto shutdown, want to make sure we get this back so we pinpoint the failure.



I ordered from the official European distributor Bitshopper.de
Your colleagues from Europe mentioned that it is very easy to return equipment within the first 14 days of purchase.
I am not sure exactly how the process works in your case, but generally, if a customer requests a replacement with a working unit, the store tends to be more accommodating. All devices have a certain defect rate, and warranty returns usually don't present any issues.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████▀▄▄▄▀██████████
█████████░█████░█████████
████████▀▀░▄▄▄░▀█████████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
██████░░░▐█████▌░░░██████
███████░░░█████░░░███████
████████▄▄░▀▀▀░▄█████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
 
 Lock.com 
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█▄▄
▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▄▄█
 
  Open − code isolated Crypto Wallet     Sign Up    
Black_Onyx
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 2
Merit: 0


View Profile
Today at 03:41:27 PM
 #171

@jstefanop,

I would appreciate your help determining whether this is normal or if there may be an issue with the back cover of my unit.

When I received the unit, I tried to install a 1 TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NVMe drive. However, I could not install it without risking damage to the NVMe chip because the screw was touching either the chip or the side of the back cover (see attached picture).

https://i.postimg.cc/FzPG4ZdR/20260925-231557.jpg

I then switched to a Samsung 990 Pro, which has more clearance between the screw notch and the NVMe chip. However, with the NVMe installed, the screw still touches the side of the back cover and became lodged in it, preventing me from removing the screw without damaging the cover (see attached picture).

https://i.postimg.cc/8CPR1WGJ/2026-10-07-173053.jpg

To try to resolve the issue, I opened the back cover, loosened the controller board, and pushed the screw to improve its position. This helped slightly, although the fit is still not perfect.

During this process, the red/black wire became disconnected from the controller board, and unfortunately I did not see where it was originally connected.

Could you please confirm where this wire should connect on the board and which side the red and black wires should go on? (See attached pictures.)

https://i.postimg.cc/wBKCZqY4/2026-10-07-173803.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/DZ6RS1Jt/20261007-141417.jpg

Cheers!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!