Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 06:22:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridseed v KNC Let's compare apples to apples  (Read 680 times)
mxlx (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 10:34:51 PM

Gridseed is available now for over us$400.00 a MG and within 5 months KNC will have 250 MG for 10k, comparing apples to apples, MG hashes v MG hashes each gridseed should be around US $20.00 maximum and another $10.00 premium for having it now, that's the only way we can make some decent hashing, otherwise you will never get your money back unless the difficulty go reverse or the price skyrocket.
I was selling the gridseed before and I have over 400 of them working and I don't think I will get even half my investmnet even that I bought them directly. Prices should come way down to compete against everything will be coming out. Many of them are new players but we know that KNC is for real and he has delivered before.

thanks

indeed

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:30:18 PM

Gridseed is available now for over us$400.00 a MG and within 5 months KNC will have 250 MG for 10k, comparing apples to apples, MG hashes v MG hashes each gridseed should be around US $20.00 maximum and another $10.00 premium for having it now, that's the only way we can make some decent hashing, otherwise you will never get your money back unless the difficulty go reverse or the price skyrocket.
I was selling the gridseed before and I have over 400 of them working and I don't think I will get even half my investmnet even that I bought them directly. Prices should come way down to compete against everything will be coming out. Many of them are new players but we know that KNC is for real and he has delivered before.

thanks

Sounds good, I like it! What else?
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:00:19 PM

... thats MH ... not MG ... that tells abt everything on your experience ...
incognitoworker

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 10:27:21 PM

It is kind of dificult to compare hardware with something that does not exists yet.
As far as i know, when you can buy from stock you have a much better chance of calculate roi.
It is better to take smaller gambles, and smaller wins instead of higher gambles with pre orders.

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:41:26 PM

I never understood why so many people were taken in by the gridseed units. They are VERY expensive, you have pay in fiat and they are under-performers. Come on, 300 KHs for $220???  Let's say you buy 10 of them for $2000, that gives you 3 MHs mining at a multi-pool, these days you are getting around 0.004 BTC a day per MHs, so 0.012 BTC a day for 3 MHs. So, you are making $5.40 a day, $2000 / $5.40 = 370 Days Before Breaking Even or ROI. And THAT is the BEST case scenario, since we all know DIFF is only going to rise.

If you had $2000, you could have bought 4-5 Antminer S1's and made ROI in a month or two.
incognitoworker

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:10:30 PM

Maybe some have reached their elec capasity?
Like me, i cant take in more ants, cause my breakers are at maximum point.
Expensive, sure, but long term they should be good.

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:17:57 AM

I never understood why so many people were taken in by the gridseed units. They are VERY expensive, you have pay in fiat and they are under-performers. Come on, 300 KHs for $220???  Let's say you buy 10 of them for $2000, that gives you 3 MHs mining at a multi-pool, these days you are getting around 0.004 BTC a day per MHs, so 0.012 BTC a day for 3 MHs. So, you are making $5.40 a day, $2000 / $5.40 = 370 Days Before Breaking Even or ROI. And THAT is the BEST case scenario, since we all know DIFF is only going to rise.

If you had $2000, you could have bought 4-5 Antminer S1's and made ROI in a month or two.

All of the resellers I know accept BTC payments.

Maybe some have reached their elec capasity?
Like me, i cant take in more ants, cause my breakers are at maximum point.
Expensive, sure, but long term they should be good.

Great point!  A 360KHs Gridseed uses only 7 watts in Scrypt-only mode.  That beats GPUs by a healthy margin.  Gridseed ASICs will remain running long after GPUs are shutdown.
gsupp

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:18:19 PM

This statement I don't understand. The difficulty on Bitcoin is rising even faster and more predictable than Litecoin. With this calculator: https://tradeblock.com/mining/ if you select an Antminer S1, $500 as the price, $0 for shipping and misc, even 0% pool fee, $0.05/kwh electric (VERY conservative), you never see ROI. The first month you make $191, then $123, then $78, until the power costs more than it's returning in BTC.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 03:10:07 PM

This statement I don't understand. The difficulty on Bitcoin is rising even faster and more predictable than Litecoin. With this calculator: https://tradeblock.com/mining/ if you select an Antminer S1, $500 as the price, $0 for shipping and misc, even 0% pool fee, $0.05/kwh electric (VERY conservative), you never see ROI. The first month you make $191, then $123, then $78, until the power costs more than it's returning in BTC.

If you had bought the Antminers in November, December, or January, you definitely would ROI.

I bought in February, so should be on pace for mid May ROI in BTC.  ROI in fiat sooner if the BTC price raises.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀