Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:30:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Those who are Spamming the trust system. Action needs to be taken!  (Read 10549 times)
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 07:27:26 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 03:01:12 AM by Bicknellski

Spam is spam... you can't PM people too much or that is spam but you can ask your "customers" or make phony accounts to post day after day after day on the trust system. 99.99% of these trust ratings are lies and or attempts to further promote BFL products and the "contest" and has little or nothing to do with the stated purpose of the trust system and thus needs to be removed or sanctioned sooner than later our people will abuse it even more. This isn't about an abuse of the system against a single person but really it is to further promote a company using the trust system. If you allow companies to use the Trust system as a form or advertisement then I suspect you are going to see this proliferate. Seems like a cheap and easy way to promote a product and avoid paying for adds on the forum.

What is stopping me now from posting a positive trust rating on every member of this site with a link to my favourite product? Or say a warning to everyone not to buy BFL and link Case Name:Meissner v. BF Labs Inc. and this Case Cause:28:1330 Breach of Contract or Case No. 2:13-cv-2617  JURY TRIAL REQUESTED to where legal action has been taken against BFL? I don't suggest for a minute that everyone who hates BFL and the way they have treated this community enmasse post these links tied to BFL , Inaba or BFL_Josh or anyone of the people that are now spamming the trust but here is a list of their names below feel free to do what you want as there are no rules against it obviously. That would be a mess wouldn't it oh boy?

And yes this is going to be a new thread in Meta to track each and everyone of these people so that the community is aware of what BFL is doing. It is interesting that even with 100s of customers they can only get a handful to take this deal and many I suspect are just puppet accounts they created here in Bitcointalk given that most are newbie accounts. Now I am doing this not for me I don't give a rats ass about the trust system, or my own reputation here in BTCtalk land as I am pretty certain anyone of merit understands who I am and what I have done and if they don't they will see how I will treat the community in the coming months and years.

I do worry Dogie's rep and I think that BFL has certainly made an enemy out of someone that nearly all of us in the mining community recognize as upstanding and helpful. Here is my pledge that I will spend the required time to rectify that and make sure that anyone messing with his trust rating is sanctioned properly by the trust system. However the mods need to do more to protect people who are being helpful. It is beyond me why this forum would not stand up for someone like this and protect them against this sort of thing, but that is not in their job description. Spam is. This is spam. These are the spammers do something. This list will be updated as BFL adds more puppet accounts.

Spammers as of 26/05/2014:

BFL
Inaba
BFL_Josh
dmelj
Anonymailer
Cassey
criminalben
Pry4u
fsb4000
Pokokohua!
securo
Flyeye
BTCJack
stevenmicah
JoRoidx
alphabetacanary
monsterblitz
huj
Rapturoso
powersirj
Northlander
MelMan2002
elviselvis101
DOGEDAMAN1
PhilWray
smVh50fsb
leopard2
Serjster
mkslim
MelMan2002 NEWEST SPAMMER!

Recanted Spammers

Raw-H
hardhouseinc NEW RECANTED SPAMMER

I wouldn't ask people to simply cut and paste this into the trust ratings of those who are trying to spam the trust system as a protest to BFL and to show the mods that spam is really not what the trust system is for. Although technically this is well within the trust rating system to post warnings like this against people who are scammers. Then again it could be easily resolved if the moderators take up the stand that this is spam and put all these accounts on notice.

Note that Martin Meissner was scammed for $62,000 USD approx 140 BTC at today's rates. BTC Market Rates
Most know that Martin's is not an isolated case but a good one to use to illustrate what BFL is really is all about.

Are we now allowing the trust system to be an advertorial sytem. At what point does it become spam. I would suggest it has passed that mark the day someone posted 2x on the same "trust" aspect ie in terms of the BFL "contest". At this point you can't say this isn't spam and it should be addressed. This isn't about whether the trust system or the default trust is working or not. We have moved into vandalism / spam / graffiti / advertisements and that is an issue that has to be addressed. BFL is more than attempting to game the trust system they are using it to promote their own products. If you do nothing then it is a green light for everyone to do the same. Good luck policing the system. I suggest a BAN on those doing this will right the ship quickly.

Join the CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT Follow the Reference Link.

The Wood Law Firm LLC announced today that customers from across the country have joined together and filed a class-action lawsuit challenging the sales and advertising practices of Butterfly Labs. The lawsuit against BF Labs, Inc., which does business as Butterfly Labs seeks compensation for customers who pre-paid Butterfly Labs for Bitcoin mining equipment and who did not receive the equipment they paid for, or received the equipment far after Butterfly Labs represented the equipment would ship.

Bitcoin is a peer-to-peer payment system and digital currency. Bitcoins are created by "mining", a process where miners receive transaction fees and newly minted bitcoins in return for verifying and recording payments into a public ledger. By design, mining is a computationally intensive process which today requires purpose-built computer chips to be cost effective.

The complaint, filed in the United State District Court for the District of Kansas located in Kansas City, seeks to recover the pre-payments made to Butterfly Labs and the losses customers sustained due to Butterfly Labs' conduct. The lawsuit alleges Butterfly Labs required customers to pre-pay for orders of ASIC based Bitcoin mining hardware, and used portions of customer pre-payments to make loans to shareholders and purchase a house and automobile for a shareholder. Because the computational difficulty of Bitcoin mining increases over time, by the time some consumers finally received their equipment, the equipment had become worthless because mining with the equipment was no longer cost effective.

"Bitcoin is an exciting and promising new technology. Unfortunately this also makes it an attractive area for people running scams and frauds," stated attorney Noah Wood one of the lawyers for the customers. "Stopping the bad actors and staying vigilant against consumer fraud is absolutely necessary for the successful development of the Bitcoin ecosystem."

According to the complaint, Butterfly Labs may have collected over $25 million in customer pre-payments. The lawsuit also alleges Butterfly Labs, despite telling customers that Butterfly Labs did not mine bitcoins itself, used equipment customers had already paid for to earn mining income for itself under the guise of "testing" such hardware. The complaint states this "testing" served "to enrich Defendant at the detriment of its customers by both denying the customers' use and benefit of the equipment they have already paid for, as well as increasing the overall mining difficulty required to generate future bitcoins."

The case is Alexander et al. v. BF Labs, Inc., Case Number 2:14-CV-02159 (D. Kansas). The customers are represented by Noah Wood and Ari Rodopoulos. A copy of the lawsuit and further information is available from the Wood Law Firm, LLC at www.woodlaw.com/cases/butterfly-labs-and-bf-labs-inc-bitcoin-miners.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fsb4000
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:56:23 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2014, 10:10:58 AM by fsb4000

I suggest a BAN Bicknellski because he is bitching Wink
Do I understand correctly this topic is a  topic of stupid suggestions ?
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:15:02 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2014, 01:27:50 PM by Bicknellski

fsb4000

Trust:   -1083: -8 / +3(3)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!

I wonder why this guys trust is now -1083? Could it be he is trying to win vaporware from BFL? Don't let this guy and BFL sock puppets make a mockery of the hundreds of unfortunate BFL customers that got scammed like Martin Meissner who is still looking to recover $62,000 since 2013 or  William Lolli , who won a judgement of over $13,000 but still can't collect because BFL refuses to pay. How can people promote BFL knowing full well the types of criminals they are? fsb4000 is just one of the many people that do need look more closely at the significant NEGATIVE FINANCIAL impact they are having on this community. This is no joke send the right message we don't want the trust system spammed.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
fsb4000
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:29:39 PM

Do not whine here. It is just a forum. If you really think that BFL_Josh is criminal, you must apply to a court. While Josh is not condemned, presumption of innocence is working.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:33:52 PM

It amazes me that fsb4000 is still posting and totally disregards the fact that actual people have lost money as a result of BFL. How can you defend BFL knowing in just two cases they owe 2 people almost nearly $80,000 USD or more with lawyers fees.  Sickening. Don't let this guy make a joke of the BFL victims take a stand.

fsb4000
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:55:48 PM

It amazes me that fsb4000 is still posting and totally disregards the fact that actual people have lost money as a result of BFL. How can you defend BFL knowing in just two cases they owe 2 people almost nearly $80,000 USD or more with lawyers fees.  Sickening. Don't let this guy make a joke of the BFL victims take a stand.
Is Josh imprisoned now?  If not, all your statements about fraud is just FUD.
Why do you think that your opinion is above the law?

People who lost money just bad investors, they need to learn  people with whom they will work  and they should  conclude correctly contract(for example with the terms about non-delivery in time ....)
If they gave the money on any terms because they were greedy,  they've only themselves to blame. The world is not black / white ...
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12900

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:08:38 PM

Trust spam isn't allowed. If I see anyone posting dozens of fake trust ratings (from one account or many alt accounts), I will delete all of their ratings. But Inaba is hiring multiple people to create these ratings. It is impossible for me to determine whether these ratings are "real" or not, so I'm not going to delete them. (Obviously all negative ratings are very likely to be fake, but I'm not going to guess about this.)

I agree that it is a little annoying to see a wall of negative ratings, but this is in the "untrusted" section. The way things are set up currently, untrusted ratings can be easily spammed in a number of ways. That's why those ratings are hidden by default.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:01:56 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2014, 05:12:04 PM by Bicknellski

Trust spam isn't allowed. If I see anyone posting dozens of fake trust ratings (from one account or many alt accounts), I will delete all of their ratings. But Inaba is hiring multiple people to create these ratings. It is impossible for me to determine whether these ratings are "real" or not, so I'm not going to delete them. (Obviously all negative ratings are very likely to be fake, but I'm not going to guess about this.)

I agree that it is a little annoying to see a wall of negative ratings, but this is in the "untrusted" section. The way things are set up currently, untrusted ratings can be easily spammed in a number of ways. That's why those ratings are hidden by default.

Thank you for the honesty and we appreciate you and your team are working on this. Clear the "untrusted" section can be abused and used as a means to spam messages of any kind. Good luck I wish you the best on that but you are leaving the door open here if you do nothing to the people causing this problem. In the interim you might want to ban people engaged in propagating this clearly Inaba/BFL/BFL_Josh are the responsible accounts. Time to give them a holiday from the boards. The list of people doing this will be updated so feel free to monitor these accounts for spamming.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:44:04 AM

Spammers as of 06/04/2014:

huj NEW!

Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:38:43 PM

Quote from: BFL_Josh
Starting now and running until we start shipping the 28nm Monarch based products,

So we have another 6 months of this spamming to look forward too Smiley

Why not just disable/delete the cause IE Inaba's accounts ?

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 01:41:14 PM

What makes you think that would stop anything?

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
fsb4000
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:57:17 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 03:18:04 PM by fsb4000

Spammers as of 07/04/2014:
Bicknellski
LittleD
Xian01
dogie
dropt
jimmothy
tysat NEW!
They copy - paste their trust feedbacks...
If any actions will be taken against the accounts in the first message, than the same actions should be taken to these accounts. They do the same things.

Although practice double standards is alive... This is sad  Sad

Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:57:44 PM

Because if you delete his accounts there is nothing to leave feedback against so of course it would stop it, people following Josh's links would get....

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:04:19 PM

Because if you delete his accounts there is nothing to leave feedback against so of course it would stop it, people following Josh's links would get....

Doubtful. What would probably happen is a slew of new accounts created and the spamming doubled in retaliation.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:22:24 PM

If you are using trust correctly, this shouldn't even affect you. I believe even people with DefaultTrust are unaffected.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
fsb4000
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:34:02 PM

If you are using trust correctly, this shouldn't even affect you. I believe even people with DefaultTrust are unaffected.
true
My trust list(Trust depth=2):
Inaba
phantastisch
Balthazar
peterepeat
Stunna
Pivo
dwdoc
stahanovec
IIpeBeD_MeDBeD

And I'm green now  Smiley

I really hope that as a result of the contest more people will learn about "Trust settings" and they remove "DefaultTrust".
Your trust list must contain only those people whom you personally trust!
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:43:30 PM

true
My trust list(Trust depth=2):
Inaba
phantastisch
Balthazar
peterepeat
Stunna
Pivo
dwdoc
stahanovec
IIpeBeD_MeDBeD

And I'm green now  Smiley

I really hope that as a result of the contest more people will learn about "Trust settings" and they remove "DefaultTrust".
Your trust list must contain only those people whom you personally trust!

Without looking at Untrusted, you are red to me.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:31:43 AM

If any actions will be taken against the accounts in the first message, than the same actions should be taken to these accounts. They do the same things.

I'm no spammer, friend. I resent the implication.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:39:08 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 05:33:04 PM by Bicknellski

I'm no spammer, friend. I resent the implication.

Here is the simple difference.

1 post on an ethical / trust concern vs what BFL shills and BFL multiple accounts repeating non-sense now 6 or more times. That is spam and that is not allowed there is no way anyone is violating someone else's trust day after day. BFL Scammed millions over a long period and that constituted individuals to post once against their trust not a day after day campaign. When people post a single negative comment regarding a single event or concern then that is fair use of the system. For example I posted that BFL are being sued in Rapturoso trust as he is helping promote BFL to further defraud the community. I don't need to do this 2x or 3x or 4x. I do this once per spammer. Looks like BFL is only making 1 new multiple account per day now.

New Spammer Today April 7th, 2014:

Rapturoso

Code:
BFL being sued for breach of contract. Case Name:Meissner v. BF Labs Inc. and this 
Case Cause:28:1330 Breach of Contract or Case No. 2:13-cv-2617 JURY TRIAL REQUESTED
Do not buy pre-order from BFL and do not use their mining hosting services.
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/02/new-lawsuit-against-bitcoin-miner-manufacturer-alleges-fraud-negligence/;
 https://ia600702.us.archive.org/13/items/gov.uscourts.ksd.95395/gov.uscourts.ksd.95395.docket.html;
http://ia700702.us.archive.org/13/items/gov.uscourts.ksd.95395/gov.uscourts.ksd.95395.2.0.pdf

Remember there are hundreds of unfortunate BFL customers that got scammed like Martin Meissner who is still looking to recover $62,000 since 2013 or  William Lolli , who won a judgement of over $13,000 but still can't collect because BFL refuses to pay. How can people promote BFL knowing full well the types of criminals they are? Rapturoso is just one of the many people that do need look more closely at the significant NEGATIVE FINANCIAL impact they are having on this community. This is no joke! People have been hurt financially and these misguided individuals and multiple BFL accounts are continuing to act without any ethics whatsoever.

Give me all the negative trust you like BFL shills there are plenty of media reports out in full view that illustrate what many of have been saying for over a year. BFL is never going to shake their shady history but making contests like this.

Rush of Business for Butterfly Labs

After selling FPGA miners from September 2011 to 2012, BFL started taking ASIC orders in June 2012. Due to the fact that ASIC was the next-generation machine, everyone wanted it a piece of it. The company was able to sell at least 7,600 orders that were worth $10.2million.

However, a year later, many angry tweets and reddit threads formed because BFL was unable to deliver the machines. To this day, it is still a problem for many people.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:27:25 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 06:05:50 AM by Bicknellski

powersirj NEW SPAMMER

6 spammed trusts ratings a day, 14 months without a Monarch, -2542 Trust rating for Inaba. 1 big smile on my face. PRICELESS.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: