Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:52:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Living off the grid is now a crime  (Read 1901 times)
bithobo (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 03:55:27 PM

http://getgrounded.tv/2011/12/19/grounded-news-is-living-off-the-grid-now-a-crime/

I always get suspicious around news like this, but it looks true. The government finds people living in the desert, inspects the area and tries to scare them away on frivolous charges (ie. some old dude's house in the middle of nowhere has a door few inches smaller then the standard designed for easier wheelchair access)

I have no real questions, I just posted this because I'm angry Angry

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bind

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 12:49:54 PM

It's very true. There are horror stories nation-wide about local municiplaities initiating the agenda 21 biodiversity schedule. They do not want self sustaining bootstrapped individuals and families living a true sustainable off the grid existance.

Recently in my area, the local municipality has forced home owners to connect to the public water supply grid instead of using their water wells, under threat of fines and imprisonment for non payment of fines, using the cops to enforce it and as a security force for the contractors doing the work, tresspassing on peoples property and manipulating their property without warrant. They are also making them pay over $10,000 each for the costs of the change over.

We need to come together, get angry, and rebel.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Activity: 438
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 01:31:13 PM

It's very true. There are horror stories nation-wide about local municiplaities initiating the agenda 21 biodiversity schedule. They do not want self sustaining bootstrapped individuals and families living a true sustainable off the grid existance.

Recently in my area, the local municipality has forced home owners to connect to the public water supply grid instead of using their water wells, under threat of fines and imprisonment for non payment of fines, using the cops to enforce it and as a security force for the contractors doing the work, tresspassing on peoples property and manipulating their property without warrant. They are also making them pay over $10,000 each for the costs of the change over.

We need to come together, get angry, and rebel.

Perhaps so.

I had a close one with almost buying a property in an area where homeowners had steadfastly refused to get on municipal services for two or three decades. One of the effects of this was a sewage disposal problem ( everyone had septic tanks or were retrofitted with "mound systems" after their tanks failed to keep up ) that affected an area of many square miles due to inadequate absorption of water by the ground, there was an impermeable limestone shelf underground that extended for anywhere from 20 to 100 miles in all directions. Once enough homes were operating, raw sewage was literally percolating out of the ground in low lying areas, and the homes already constructed were unsalable except to out-of-towners like myself who didn't know how fubar the area was. I was fortunate to find out about the issue two weeks before closing and was able to unwind the deal based on material non-disclosure by a realtor. At least the legal fees it cost me were far less than the size of the bag I would have been holding.

So, like everything else, it depends. Off the grid living may not scale well nor may it be as independent as claimed.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: