int3ractivodular

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:47:44 AM

we need some promotions and giveaway?

That and a couple faucets and services

Perhaps I will allocate some of the premine to a faucet.

Well figure it out and make a damn plan already so I know if I should even bother mining this or not.

Why would anyone invest in a coin when the dev is holding a 75% premine he was supposed to publicly destroy, but is now thinking, maybe i'll sell some cheaper, maybe i'll put some toward a faucet, maybe i'll just dump them all over the god damn order books the instant it hits an exchange.

Could be worded in a less aggressive tone, but this is a fair point.

Also, wondering why none of the wallets seem to get more than 3 nodes? Anyone have a getpeerinfo that has more than this:

Code:

getpeerinfo

[
{
"addr" : "108.61.202.34:45851",
"services" : "00000001",
"lastsend" : 1396935970,
"lastrecv" : 1396935970,
"conntime" : 1396927204,
"version" : 60002,
"subver" : "/OMCoin:1.1.0/",
"inbound" : false,
"releasetime" : 0,
"startingheight" : 276,
"banscore" : 0
},
{
"addr" : "108.61.103.157:45851",
"lastsend" : 1396935842,
"conntime" : 1396927205,
},
{
"addr" : "108.61.103.136:45851",
"conntime" : 1396935006,
"startingheight" : 499,
}
]
DocJeff

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:48:01 AM

Well figure it out and make a damn plan already so I know if I should even bother mining this or not.

Why would anyone invest in a coin when the dev is holding a 75% premine he was supposed to publicly destroy, but is now thinking, maybe i'll sell some cheaper, maybe i'll put some toward a faucet, maybe i'll just dump them all over the god damn order books the instant it hits an exchange.

What does it matter? One way or another things happen. There's more to it than just "Oh hey we're going to try and make a bunch of people follow a specific plan via the internet and decentralized services..." because that totally happens all the time...

hankrules

Activity: 673
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:55:10 AM

Let's try to spread the hashes:

1) forthelulz.no-ip.info/omcpool/public - UP AND RUNNING
2) http://omc.talesfromthescrypt.org/ - UP AND RUNNING
3) P2Pool - http://omargpools.ca:5850/static/ - UP AND RUNNING

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:55:31 AM

What does it matter? One way or another things happen. There's more to it than just "Oh hey we're going to try and make a bunch of people follow a specific plan via the internet and decentralized services..." because that totally happens all the time...

The only thing that happened is you got 0 BTC and haven't made shit off your rather unremarkable coin.

"Immediately after the 12 hour IPCO ends, any leftover coins will be destroyed. The total supply of OMCoins will decrease instantly. The devs will not keep or have access to any of the remaining coins. This will be accomplished by sending the remaining coins to a dummy address that can never be accessed by anyone. The fake address will be public and the transaction can be seen on block explorers."

Quote from the announcement.

Changing your mind just because things didn't go as you hoped implies at minimum a wishy-washy, unreliable dev.  At worst it implies a straight up scam.

If you are just gonna shit the coins all over the order books, at least PM me and let me know your price target so I can get in on the scam with you, cuz I got a few thousand of these things so far.
DocJeff

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:55:45 AM

Could be worded in a less aggressive tone, but this is a fair point.

Also, wondering why none of the wallets seem to get more than 3 nodes? Anyone have a getpeerinfo that has more than this:

Code:

getpeerinfo

[
{
"addr" : "108.61.202.34:45851",
"lastsend" : 1396935970,
"conntime" : 1396927204,
},
{
"addr" : "108.61.103.157:45851",
"conntime" : 1396927205,
},
{
"addr" : "108.61.103.136:45851",
"conntime" : 1396935006,
"startingheight" : 499,
}
]

These are my only peers as well.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:57:09 AM

I am making a plan. Trying to listen to everyone's opinion a bit first and debating whether or not to close the IPCO early.

Selling them cheaper during the IPCO was a joke in response to the guy who said he was going to sell thousands of coins for 12k satoshi in this thread.

The amount of coins destroyed will be the overwhelming majority of the premine, only a small amount would be kept for the faucet, exchanges, etc. This is because I didn't receive as much btc as I had hoped to do these things.

I never said anything about dumping coins on an exchange.

Cheers

that good, i am mining this coin, hope we can hit a exchange but do not rush it, poloniex is a good choice.
sixteendigits

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:57:40 AM

I am making a plan. Trying to listen to everyone's opinion a bit first and debating whether or not to close the IPCO early.

Selling them cheaper during the IPCO was a joke in response to the guy who said he was going to sell thousands of coins for 12k satoshi in this thread.

The amount of coins destroyed will be the overwhelming majority of the premine, only a small amount would be kept for the faucet, exchanges, etc. This is because I didn't receive as much btc as I had hoped to do these things.

I never said anything about dumping coins on an exchange.

Cheers

Whoops, sorry, didn't notice the post I was replying to was DocJeff and not you.  Been awake too long.

Carry on I suppose.
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:59:26 AM

The only thing that happened is you got 0 BTC and haven't made shit off your rather unremarkable coin.

"Immediately after the 12 hour IPCO ends, any leftover coins will be destroyed. The total supply of OMCoins will decrease instantly. The devs will not keep or have access to any of the remaining coins. This will be accomplished by sending the remaining coins to a dummy address that can never be accessed by anyone. The fake address will be public and the transaction can be seen on block explorers."

Changing your mind just because things didn't go as you hoped implies at minimum a wishy-washy, unreliable dev.  At worst it implies a straight up scam.

If you are just gonna shit the coins all over the order books, at least PM me and let me know your price target so I can get in on the scam with you, cuz I got a few thousand of these things so far.

haha i have mined more than 1k coins now.

how many  total coin do we have? 280K?
DocJeff

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:01:47 AM

During the early stages of a coin's launch it is not uncommon for devs to ask input of their users to further develop a coin users want to support.
"Only the sith deal in absolutes..."
vindyne8
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:03:31 AM

Keep the original plan, allocate a fraction of the premine for a faucet, maybe a couple of bounties. Just my opinion.
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:05:19 AM

Keep the original plan, allocate a fraction of the premine for a faucet, maybe a couple of bounties. Just my opinion.

i agree with this.
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:21:00 AM

i agree with this.

This is what I'm going to do. I'm working up the details now.

mined 1k coins now, will keep mine some coin.
szvr

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:43:55 AM

http://omc.okaypool.com  live

Professional pool
fast pool
Stable pool

go go go ......
appbox

Activity: 421

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:53:22 AM

please add this pool for chinese.

thx.

omc.dgb123.com

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:25:23 AM

any promotions and giveaway?
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:33:56 AM

The goal is MintPal shortly after launch.

should ask them to add this coin first?

thanks!
zorkafdo

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 12:03:26 PM

This will be the plan...

Total Coins: 258,490
1,000,000 originally, 741,510 destroyed (99% of the 749,000 from the IPCO)
Premine for future support: 7490 coins (2.8% of 258,490)

Keep some for the exchanges. They dont list your coin for you unless you pay them in BTC or your coins.
I think you should allocate about 5-10k for every exchange you intend to list the coin. If its only Mintpal, its well and good.
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 12:11:42 PM

this coin is rare hope it has some values.
UGETHIT

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:24:22 PM

1180 blocks are down of the 9000ish total blocks that will ever be found.   This coin is going to be 90 days of mining.  I understand as the difficulty rises it will be harder and harder to mine.  But 13% of the coin has been mined in the last 11ish hrs.  It may be minable for 90 days but all the meaningful mining will be done within a few weeks at this rate right?  I am fairly new to coins like this but I would like to know if what I am thinking is correct or if I am wrong.
sixteendigits

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:49:25 PM

I don't think the difficulty is adjusting correctly.  I am thinking this is more like a week of mining.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: