Best of luck with the initiative!
This is the first time I hear about Freecycle to be honest. I thought it must be a US or UK-only type of service, but it isn't. There are many locations all over Europe as well. Almost nothing in Russia, though. Same thing in Africa and South America. There is no town in Croatia either. The closest ones to me are Sarajevo in Bosnia and Belgrade in Serbia.
I'd never heard of Freecycle either. Apparently, if your city isn't listed, you can create a group yourself to get it added. I thought I'd give it a try for my little town. But there's a catch: their website has this requirement:
The language of your area must be supported by our site. Freecycle.org is available in these languages: English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Hungarian, Japanese, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish and Turkish.
My town is right on the border with Turkey, but people in the town itself don't speak Turkish. Or any of the other languages on that list, for that matter.
But if someone managed to get Sarajevo and Belgrade added, I guess the rule isn't all that strict after all. So I went ahead and submitted an application. They should review it within 7-10 days. If they approve it, I'll join TheButterZone and spread the word to my friends.
Anyway, it's a great initiative!