|
Pressurizedem
|
 |
September 26, 2026, 10:33:23 AM |
|
Yes, you are correct, addiction is never a good thing no matter the level of money you are getting in trading never pray to be addicted to it because if you are addicted to it, you are going to lose huge amount of money that will make your life miserable in the future.
Its obvious that no one would pray to get addicted to trading or even to anything for that matter, but just telling ourselves we don't want to get addicted isn't enough. We also need to look out for signs that will hint at addiction and avoid them, especially the compulsion to trade, if you are a trader then it should be at your own pace, the moment you can no longer control when, how and what you trade then you've already lost to the addiction. There should also be something like a bankroll, you don't want to trade with more than you can afford, setting a limit on how much you spend weekly or maybe monthly on trading will also help control your compulsions, once that limit has been hit you stop no matter what. A person may naturally say that they do not want to be addicted. But relying on willpower alone may not always be enough. Trying to quickly recover from a loss, risking more money to prove the previous decision wrong, etc., can gradually get out of control. The influence of emotions when making decisions can be reduced to some extent by determining how much money to trade and the maximum loss that can be accepted at the beginning. When the necessary money is at stake, the situation becomes more difficult to handle after a loss. If someone repeatedly breaks their set limits, it should be seen as a reason to be careful, not ignored as part of normal trading. The biggest problem in trading is the continuation of taking bigger risks to cope with a bad decision. Risk taking as always been on the part of trading, and every trader who has decided to remain in the system of trading and be a part of trading must take some certain risks that will enable him get the amount of money he wants, and I don't think people get addicted to this risk, what causes this addiction is is refusing to give up when you have lost, and being greedy when you have won. There are two things there, winning and losing all cause addiction when it isn't controlled. Controlling addiction comes with a lot of mind games, and someone who is highly disciplined, without this factor, one cannot control addiction.
|
|
|
|
|
Yorubek
|
 |
September 26, 2026, 06:04:33 PM |
|
Risk taking as always been on the part of trading, and every trader who has decided to remain in the system of trading and be a part of trading must take some certain risks that will enable him get the amount of money he wants, and I don't think people get addicted to this risk, what causes this addiction is is refusing to give up when you have lost, and being greedy when you have won. There are two things there, winning and losing all cause addiction when it isn't controlled.
Controlling addiction comes with a lot of mind games, and someone who is highly disciplined, without this factor, one cannot control addiction.
Whether we trade or gamble, the possibility of addiction I think depends entirely on how a person conducts gambling and trading. A trader and gambler, without doing proper research about the market or a match, goes out of his own interest to get rich quick and starts gambling or trading, which increases the risk of losing money many times over. Risk is present in every case, but it is reasonable to take risks knowing about one thing, when a person has proper knowledge about gambling or trading, as well as trading and gambling with specific plans and risk management, as a result, there will be no additional financial stress on himself, as a result, his emotions can be controlled, the right decisions can be made without haste, as a result, a person can maintain self-control over himself, thus reducing the risk of losing money, as well as protecting himself from gambling addiction.
|
|
|
|
|
RockBell
|
 |
September 27, 2026, 08:26:48 PM |
|
Risk taking as always been on the part of trading, and every trader who has decided to remain in the system of trading and be a part of trading must take some certain risks that will enable him get the amount of money he wants, and I don't think people get addicted to this risk, what causes this addiction is is refusing to give up when you have lost, and being greedy when you have won. There are two things there, winning and losing all cause addiction when it isn't controlled.
Controlling addiction comes with a lot of mind games, and someone who is highly disciplined, without this factor, one cannot control addiction.
Whether we trade or gamble, the possibility of addiction I think depends entirely on how a person conducts gambling and trading. A trader and gambler, without doing proper research about the market or a match, goes out of his own interest to get rich quick and starts gambling or trading, which increases the risk of losing money many times over. Risk is present in every case, but it is reasonable to take risks knowing about one thing, when a person has proper knowledge about gambling or trading, as well as trading and gambling with specific plans and risk management, as a result, there will be no additional financial stress on himself, as a result, his emotions can be controlled, the right decisions can be made without haste, as a result, a person can maintain self-control over himself, thus reducing the risk of losing money, as well as protecting himself from gambling addiction. There is no way that risk will not be involved in trading because its either you win or you lose its going to be any of the two and this is a theory that all traders understood so it is not something that is new to them, and as a trader by now they should be use to all this things so they are complaining about the risk, just that some people are over doing it and that is were the problem is coming because as a trader you need to have discipline because if you don't have discipline then you should be ready to blow your account because new traders lack patience. And that is why if you don't control your self then you only become a reckless traders and the major cause is greed because a lot of people just want to make money and it does not work that way you have be calm so that you can learn from your mistakes because that is how to be a great trader.
|
|
|
|
|
oll
|
 |
September 28, 2026, 05:48:23 PM |
|
I’ve been trading for over 15 years, and not just Bitcoin, but even when I was still a green beginner at the very beginning (and often lost my deposits), I never had the urge to top it up right away and, let’s say, “get my money back.” As is usually the case with casino enthusiasts. It seems to me that trading is too often compared to online casinos and gambling, yet it has absolutely nothing in common with that. Because in trading, all events happen for a reason, unlike in a casino, where everything happens solely due to a pre‑determined probability.
|
|
|
|
#BTC
Newbie

Activity: 23
Merit: 1
|
 |
September 28, 2026, 06:00:31 PM |
|
And addiction is never a good thing, no matter what the result is. Even if you're making profit, once you get addicted and can't control your trading, sooner or later it can lead to irrational decision and make you lose what you've made.
Some people think that as long as they're still making money, being addicted isnt a problem and might even be a good thing. But that's not true. Once you lose control of yourself, the long term consequences can be pretty hard to predict.
Addiction is so deadly that we shouldn't pray to every experience it not even in a day. Some people's see it as a pride or something, maybe they shouldn't be proud of it just because it hasn't hit them hard, but from what I have learnt lately, addiction can puch one beyond his limit and we know what that means especially in this two (trading and gambling).
|
|
|
|
|
|
puloweh555
|
 |
September 28, 2026, 06:42:08 PM |
|
And addiction is never a good thing, no matter what the result is. Even if you're making profit, once you get addicted and can't control your trading, sooner or later it can lead to irrational decision and make you lose what you've made.
Some people think that as long as they're still making money, being addicted isnt a problem and might even be a good thing. But that's not true. Once you lose control of yourself, the long term consequences can be pretty hard to predict.
Addiction is so deadly that we shouldn't pray to every experience it not even in a day. Some people's see it as a pride or something, maybe they shouldn't be proud of it just because it hasn't hit them hard, but from what I have learnt lately, addiction can puch one beyond his limit and we know what that means especially in this two (trading and gambling). Yeah. Being addicted to anything really isn't good for us especially when we keep doing it even though we’re aware of it. Even more so when it comes to addiction to trading or gambling it’s clearly a bad sign for our finances even if it has made some profit. Because once we lose self-control, the decisions we make can become impulsive and even emotional, which in the end makes the risk of losing everything much higher than we imagined. What’s even more dangerous is when we think that as long as we’re still making a profit the addiction is acceptable or even something to be proud of. In reality if you think deeply the long term effects often damage you financially and even mentally. So it’s better to keep strict discipline and stop before hitting your limit.
|
|
|
|
|
PERtua
|
 |
September 29, 2026, 02:03:43 AM |
|
What I feel is helpful about this discussion is realization of the difference between disciplined trading and compulsive behavior. Trading frequently by itself isn't necessarily a problem. Warning signs might include extending your positions after losses. Trading larger positions. Trading outside of your trading time or continuing to trade when you decide to stop. Even if the trader is profitable. They can still develop unhealthy habits. Having a profitable style of trading doesn't mean that it's one you're going to stick to when the market's against you. So that's a better indication.
|
|
|
|
|
Texac
|
 |
September 29, 2026, 01:32:04 PM |
|
I’ve been trading for over 15 years, and not just Bitcoin, but even when I was still a green beginner at the very beginning (and often lost my deposits), I never had the urge to top it up right away and, let’s say, “get my money back.” As is usually the case with casino enthusiasts. It seems to me that trading is too often compared to online casinos and gambling, yet it has absolutely nothing in common with that. Because in trading, all events happen for a reason, unlike in a casino, where everything happens solely due to a pre‑determined probability.
In trading, everything happens for reason. But here's the thing, even when you understand the reason behind a move, you still cannot know exactly what happen next. There is always uncertainty into market. So it is not entirely accurate to say the two share nothing in common. Trading is probabilistic too. That's why even if you have got everything you need, knowledge, experience, and emotional control and good risk management. You still cannot be sure your prediction will play out as expected or you will make profit.
|
|
|
|
|
Tungbulu
|
 |
October 02, 2026, 08:54:32 PM |
|
Whether we trade or gamble, the possibility of addiction I think depends entirely on how a person conducts gambling and trading. A trader and gambler, without doing proper research about the market or a match, goes out of his own interest to get rich quick and starts gambling or trading, which increases the risk of losing money many times over.
Sometimes, it's not that they intended to become addicted in any way. But they allow their emotions to control them and before they realize what is happening, they might have lost a huge amount of money. This may make them trade to recover some of the money and revenge trading is what leads some traders to financial destruction. That is why it is necessary for anyone who wants to trade to understand the importance of discipline in trading at any time, regardless of the outcome, as that will prevent them from making unnecessary mistakes.
|
|
|
|
Youngrebel
Full Member
 
Online
Activity: 672
Merit: 224
Bitcoin hits 888,888 Block
|
 |
October 05, 2026, 10:16:12 PM |
|
Whether we trade or gamble, the possibility of addiction I think depends entirely on how a person conducts gambling and trading. A trader and gambler, without doing proper research about the market or a match, goes out of his own interest to get rich quick and starts gambling or trading, which increases the risk of losing money many times over.
Sometimes, it's not that they intended to become addicted in any way. But they allow their emotions to control them and before they realize what is happening, they might have lost a huge amount of money. This may make them trade to recover some of the money and revenge trading is what leads some traders to financial destruction. That is why it is necessary for anyone who wants to trade to understand the importance of discipline in trading at any time, regardless of the outcome, as that will prevent them from making unnecessary mistakes. True and have been a victim before, have been controlled by my emotions over trying to regain the money have lost through this gambling of a thing and I did not stop that fast because I was felling that I will definitely regain back my funds even after I ran of cash I my mind was still bent on winning big and any money I get o end up sending it into my betting app just to gamble until I realise there’s no way I can win if I continue like this and I just had to delete the app for good abd it helped me.
|
|
|
|
|
Tungbulu
|
 |
October 05, 2026, 10:56:57 PM |
|
True and have been a victim before, have been controlled by my emotions over trying to regain the money have lost through this gambling of a thing and I did not stop that fast because I was felling that I will definitely regain back my funds even after I ran of cash I my mind was still bent on winning big and any money I get o end up sending it into my betting app just to gamble until I realise there’s no way I can win if I continue like this and I just had to delete the app for good abd it helped me.
Sometimes it takes a learning the hard way to really understand what we are really talking about here when we say it’s dangerous to chase losses, I have lost counts of how many times I’ve been there so when I say this, I’m not just saying it because I heard it somehow, it’s because I’ve had the experience multiple times and I can boldly say that the experience wasn’t a good one at all.
|
|
|
|
Youngrebel
Full Member
 
Online
Activity: 672
Merit: 224
Bitcoin hits 888,888 Block
|
 |
October 05, 2026, 11:12:26 PM |
|
True and have been a victim before, have been controlled by my emotions over trying to regain the money have lost through this gambling of a thing and I did not stop that fast because I was felling that I will definitely regain back my funds even after I ran of cash I my mind was still bent on winning big and any money I get o end up sending it into my betting app just to gamble until I realise there’s no way I can win if I continue like this and I just had to delete the app for good abd it helped me.
Sometimes it takes a learning the hard way to really understand what we are really talking about here when we say it’s dangerous to chase losses, I have lost counts of how many times I’ve been there so when I say this, I’m not just saying it because I heard it somehow, it’s because I’ve had the experience multiple times and I can boldly say that the experience wasn’t a good one at all. Real, even after my experience a day before yesterday I was having just little cash on me and I decide to double it cause it wasn’t enough to even attend to my weekly bill and the only thing that came to my mind was to bet I refuse to download the app cause I already know how it will end up then I just check the site on my google login and deposited in it rather than downloading it unfortunately for me it’s been a will i played bet so I did now even know that league are not currently on i was just seeing country bet I picked my games placed a bet ant thw odd was so low cause I wanted to play and will so I make sure to edit them to my satisfaction but my stake was low so the money am to get was also small long story show I won the bet and decided to used all the money to place a bet yesterday on country match unfortunately for me Greek and Germany spoiled my game they played draw I could not cry rather regret why I even entered the site and went back to sleep.
|
|
|
|
Mummy OS
Member


Activity: 100
Merit: 30
|
 |
October 05, 2026, 11:46:24 PM |
|
True and have been a victim before, have been controlled by my emotions over trying to regain the money have lost through this gambling of a thing and I did not stop that fast because I was felling that I will definitely regain back my funds even after I ran of cash I my mind was still bent on winning big and any money I get o end up sending it into my betting app just to gamble until I realise there’s no way I can win if I continue like this and I just had to delete the app for good abd it helped me.
Sometimes it takes a learning the hard way to really understand what we are really talking about here when we say it’s dangerous to chase losses, I have lost counts of how many times I’ve been there so when I say this, I’m not just saying it because I heard it somehow, it’s because I’ve had the experience multiple times and I can boldly say that the experience wasn’t a good one at all. Truly chasing losses can be dangerous for anyone and the risk will embrace another set of loses. It does not make sense for someone that is looking for how to trade and make money to become a victim of the opposite thing they are trying to avoid. Making money may be the target, along the way, uneasy losses can surface that will lead to severe situation that can make a trader to ask bittered questions.
|
|
|
|
|
|
laijsica
|
 |
October 06, 2026, 01:39:06 AM |
|
True and have been a victim before, have been controlled by my emotions over trying to regain the money have lost through this gambling of a thing and I did not stop that fast because I was felling that I will definitely regain back my funds even after I ran of cash I my mind was still bent on winning big and any money I get o end up sending it into my betting app just to gamble until I realise there’s no way I can win if I continue like this and I just had to delete the app for good abd it helped me.
Sometimes it takes a learning the hard way to really understand what we are really talking about here when we say it’s dangerous to chase losses, I have lost counts of how many times I’ve been there so when I say this, I’m not just saying it because I heard it somehow, it’s because I’ve had the experience multiple times and I can boldly say that the experience wasn’t a good one at all. The actions we take to cover losses do not go in a positive direction in most cases. Of course, the logical reason for this is to be greedy for high profits from trading. I consider money management in trading to be dangerous because we often use leverage without being sure where the market will go. Strategies that are made in the hope of getting small profits can often end in disappointment because our funds may be idle in the next step or lead to wrong decisions. To be perfect in trading strategies and your fund management, experience is important and it is good to have a certain amount of extra funds to control risk. The mistake you made in trading can probably happen to almost everyone because trading for high profits is not a good strategy. You should lean towards long term investments.
|
|
|
|
|
Yeesha
|
 |
October 10, 2026, 08:17:54 PM |
|
True and have been a victim before, have been controlled by my emotions over trying to regain the money have lost through this gambling of a thing and I did not stop that fast because I was felling that I will definitely regain back my funds even after I ran of cash I my mind was still bent on winning big and any money I get o end up sending it into my betting app just to gamble until I realise there’s no way I can win if I continue like this and I just had to delete the app for good abd it helped me.
Sometimes it takes a learning the hard way to really understand what we are really talking about here when we say it’s dangerous to chase losses, I have lost counts of how many times I’ve been there so when I say this, I’m not just saying it because I heard it somehow, it’s because I’ve had the experience multiple times and I can boldly say that the experience wasn’t a good one at all. If you're actually saying this from your experience, then it shows how strong and courageous you are, because it is not every trader that have the courage to tell others about their negative or bad experiences in their trading journey. This will make some people or gambler to be extremely careful with trading. Trading is not all about superiority or perfection, guiding your steps is equally important. Some people shared false experiences just to motivate others to risk a lot of money and they will be happy when you end up like them. There is a possibility for some to be addicted to trading just like other things such as gambling, drugs and so on. But their level of problems and disadvantages are differ.
|
|
|
|
|
Rengga Jati
|
 |
October 10, 2026, 11:31:14 PM |
|
Risk taking as always been on the part of trading, and every trader who has decided to remain in the system of trading and be a part of trading must take some certain risks that will enable him get the amount of money he want
Taking risks is a normal part of the process. Some people have a high risk appetite, while others are low or moderate. However, this must be balanced with one's individual capabilities and prudent risk management, as trading is ultimately about making money. Without this balance, one risks incurring greater losses or worse, developing an addiction driven by a loss of control and emotional decision-making. Trading is probabilistic too. That's why even if you have got everything you need, knowledge, experience, and emotional control and good risk management. You still cannot be sure your prediction will play out as expected or you will make profit.
Exactly, trading is a complex activity. It needs more than just money. Trading demands knowledge, skill, management, and emotional control. Sometimes, at any times, also luck. No guarantee of being profitable 100% of the time in trading. But, possible to earn more money than you lose. Of course, it comes down to the specific strategy each individual employs.
|
|
|
|
|
Pressurizedem
|
 |
Today at 01:52:49 AM |
|
True and have been a victim before, have been controlled by my emotions over trying to regain the money have lost through this gambling of a thing and I did not stop that fast because I was felling that I will definitely regain back my funds even after I ran of cash I my mind was still bent on winning big and any money I get o end up sending it into my betting app just to gamble until I realise there’s no way I can win if I continue like this and I just had to delete the app for good abd it helped me.
Sometimes it takes a learning the hard way to really understand what we are really talking about here when we say it’s dangerous to chase losses, I have lost counts of how many times I’ve been there so when I say this, I’m not just saying it because I heard it somehow, it’s because I’ve had the experience multiple times and I can boldly say that the experience wasn’t a good one at all. If you're actually saying this from your experience, then it shows how strong and courageous you are, because it is not every trader that have the courage to tell others about their negative or bad experiences in their trading journey. This will make some people or gambler to be extremely careful with trading. Trading is not all about superiority or perfection, guiding your steps is equally important. Some people shared false experiences just to motivate others to risk a lot of money and they will be happy when you end up like them. There is a possibility for some to be addicted to trading just like other things such as gambling, drugs and so on. But their level of problems and disadvantages are differ. Trading addiction is real and there no minsing of words about that. So many persons are trapped in the cage of addiction, and can only be delivered if they take a bold step about that. There are so many things that can lead one into trading and at the end of the day, end up losing your money. Trading is something you have to follow up little by little, it's not something you have to place all you investment and hope thinking you will cash out big, but will still shock you. People who are addicted to trading already know there are somethings that you cannot control. The only thing that I've seen work effectively for the addiction is being too serious and self discipline. If you can have it, If you can tell when to trade and when not to trade, and hold yourself from self agitation.
|
|
|
|
|
Tungbulu
|
 |
Today at 03:19:11 AM |
|
If you're actually saying this from your experience, then it shows how strong and courageous you are, because it is not every trader that have the courage to tell others about their negative or bad experiences in their trading journey. This will make some people or gambler to be extremely careful with trading. Trading is not all about superiority or perfection, guiding your steps is equally important. Some people shared false experiences just to motivate others to risk a lot of money and they will be happy when you end up like them. There is a possibility for some to be addicted to trading just like other things such as gambling, drugs and so on. But their level of problems and disadvantages are differ.
Another thing again is that people often tend to learn more from others’ losses that from another success story, and yet they barely share the losses the same way they’re enthusiastic about sharing their successes. The reason it’s crucial to be honest with your failures is because it helps those who are looking or watching from afar to realize and recognize the risks before they end up having a misconception about it and end up making a costly mistake they’ll regret later. Trading shouldn’t be something a person feels that he needs to do solely because they need to recover a loss they previously incurred.
|
|
|
|
Tetu100
Full Member
 

Activity: 420
Merit: 162
Consistence keeps you more relevant in life.
|
 |
Today at 06:03:35 AM |
|
The only thing that I've seen work effectively for the addiction is being too serious and self discipline. If you can have it, If you can tell when to trade and when not to trade, and hold yourself from self agitation.
Yes Offcourse, this can still be very helpful to an addicted trader. But you know that anything that concern addiction is not that easy as we think. It mostly required stronger force to get rid of it. Furthermore, sometimes, some people learn faster when they have already learned the hard way. I know of a friend that has been in similar situation before. The guy in question wouldn't listen to anyone especially when it concern his excessive trading habit. However, he always got an excuse to discard every effort that seems to be helpful to him. And that is how he has been continuing for all this years. But guess what, experience has thought him better and as of today him and trading has gone their separate ways after he has gone back to square one.
|
|
|
|
Apex_1
Newbie

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
|
 |
Today at 04:35:05 PM |
|
Trading addiction is as dangerous as gambling addiction because it possesses severe risk to traders that ruins and leads to the destruction of a traders lives financially and emotionally because of trying to recover losses from loss trade which triggers a trader to trade with its emotions instead of abiding to its strategic trading plan just to recover it losses which at the end may result to more loss because he is trading with his emotions instead of making use of his strategic trading plan to trade. And most traders don't know this as an addiction because they see trading as a smart financial activity or career choice of generating income for a living.
|
|
|
|
|
|