Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:38:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Retracted previous statements :)  (Read 13141 times)
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:47:26 PM

Outstanding post OP.
I agree with you 100%

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iluvpie60 (OP)

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:49:10 PM

Another boring post

Just like almost all of yours. Can't even start reading any of yours. Sad.
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:50:00 PM

I confess to have failed to read beyond a few sentences but I think the premise may be correct. The price is so relatively high that to move the market a lot someone needs to be able to deposit very large sums into bitstamp. This comes with logistical and counterparty risks and someone with that much money probably would avoid that avenue all together. This is why the big money has gone elsewhere into startups and venture funds and not into the exchanges which have proven time and time again to be untrustworthy. In other words: HODL.

Agreed.
greenlion

Activity: 667

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:50:08 PM

This was actually kind of beautiful, it was a vaguely coherent verbal vomit tour de force of practically all the FUD and myths out there, with a serving of anecdotes about a personal lack of judgement applied as though they were universal law.
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:52:32 PM

This was actually kind of beautiful, it was a vaguely coherent verbal vomit tour de force of practically all the FUD and myths out there.

I am not spreading any FUD, some things I say in here are facts, and some things I say in here are a logical conclusion of what is going to happen based on events. Now since you classified what I am saying as "FUD" I can equally state people are spreading "FUD" by saying BTC will go up and everythings just gonna be alright, because Satoshi is the "best game ever"(joke). Yada Yada.  Hypocrite.
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:53:11 PM

This was actually kind of beautiful, it was a vaguely coherent verbal vomit tour de force of practically all the FUD and myths out there, with a serving of anecdotes about a personal lack of judgement applied as though they were universal law.

Good thing I never claimed it was universal, see how I said personally in there? #ReadMuch?
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:02:35 PM

So you say we should sell now? Looks like you have a good heart and you want to help us! Thank you! I panic sell now.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:04:00 PM

It's threads like these that make me confident that the bottom is in or will be in very soon and it's time to start looking up again. After the 2011 top it took 4.5 months to reach the bottom, and after April 2013 it took only 3 months. So it seems likely we're very close now 4 months after the December top. Smiley

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:04:48 PM

So you say we should sell now? Looks like you have a good heart and you want to help us! Thank you! I panic sell now.

Actually I did say that if you read what I typed (Short term). Reading and remembering what you read goes a long way my friend.
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:05:52 PM

It's threads like these that make me confident that the bottom is in or will be in very soon and it's time to start looking up again. After the 2011 top it took 4.5 months to reach the bottom, and after April 2013 it took only 3 months. So it seems likely we're very close now 4 months after the December top. Smiley

How are you any different from scum stock traders? Hint: you aren't. We don't need people like you involved in this. Sell all you have and go if you are looking to just make profit. People like you hurt BTC.
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:07:39 PM

This thread is boring. You're boring.

I like the signature you have, unfortunately its extremely ironic that you are on the other side of that quote(you are not well established though, just a moron who is incapable of a thoughtful response).
CoinThinker

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Only the best is The be best...

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:09:24 PM

Just explained on another thread: bitcoin is finite. If some bitcoins will disappear from the market (like China will ban it, and the "chinese" bitcoins will "disappear" from the market), then bitcoin is going to get even more rare. The maximum total of 21.000.000 is already unrealistic anyway, because probably hundreds of thousands of bitcoins are lost already in wallets which can never be recovered... so if more bitcoins disappear, it will become even more rare.

And the rarest something is, the more valuable it gets. So don't worry guys, and don't fall for all the FUD: bitcoin will rise to a lot more than it ever was.

steeev

Activity: 128
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:16:12 PM

not sure why you're posting this - upset, or troll, or whatever...you're not going to make up my mind for me, and i don't care to change yours - it's a choice, not an obligation, to be involved, and on what terms - you make your choice, i'll make mine...

whatever happens... as jeff garzik says, it's an experiment... and that's part of the fun for me, seeing where it goes.
challen

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:25:41 PM

Perma-bulls can be annoying creatures. They belittle and slander anyone who forms an opinion different from their own whilst they hope somebody else props up the price so they can cash out later. I've seen many a posts these people will be buying if btc ever reaches xyz dollars, well here it is on clearance with a 60% discount and its crickets.

Don't get me wrong, it was a great social experiment when mining was decentralized, but now that ASIC's control the market, the price and difficulty are turn-offs to newcomers. Greed drove the market up. Now greed is driving it back down, but this time I expect a longer capitulation cycle before next ATH, if ever.
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 05:30:06 PM

Face reality.
At this point, can anyone really say there is something that will catapult Bitcoin straight up like happened months ago?

Bank runs in China, Europe and the US ?
It has already started.

If you use the US dollar as reference for the value of Bitcoin and then claim it has peaked ! The burden is on you to prove it as all odds are against you. And this includes adressing more aspects than who voted for whom in some theater. Money as debt being one of them and how this will continue for ever long ! The trend in Europe of seizing money in peoples account for example. The dwindling value of the US dollar for the past 80 years versus all kinds of benchmarks.

That you mention stock trading as some kind of an alternative and put forth your low % fee with credit cards is ridiculous.
Bitcoin will stay with or without you, so don't worry too much.

From a larger perspective, your reaction has been around for years in bitcoin world, "it has peaked !!!"
It peaked at 1$, definetly peaked at 32$ for a while.. peaked at 100 and then the almighty 1'200, that has to be the peak.

Good luck in your 'first' job !

iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:31:22 PM

Just explained on another thread: bitcoin is finite. If some bitcoins will disappear from the market (like China will ban it, and the "chinese" bitcoins will "disappear" from the market), then bitcoin is going to get even more rare. The maximum total of 21.000.000 is already unrealistic anyway, because probably hundreds of thousands of bitcoins are lost already in wallets which can never be recovered... so if more bitcoins disappear, it will become even more rare.

And the rarest something is, the more valuable it gets. So don't worry guys, and don't fall for all the FUD: bitcoin will rise to a lot more than it ever was.

Nice vague broad and general sweeping statement. But the definition of rare also has included in it a definition of "rarity is in the eye of the beholder". So just because something is rare, doesn't mean there is demand for it.

#fallacy
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:32:19 PM

not sure why you're posting this - upset, or troll, or whatever...you're not going to make up my mind for me, and i don't care to change yours - it's a choice, not an obligation, to be involved, and on what terms - you make your choice, i'll make mine...

whatever happens... as jeff garzik says, it's an experiment... and that's part of the fun for me, seeing where it goes.

Isn't it great that I can quote myself?

Face reality. Or don't, idk your choice. This is kinda long. Why not. Fun is spelled F U N.

philipk999

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:34:34 PM

America is not the world - take a wider look
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:34:47 PM

Perma-bulls can be annoying creatures. They belittle and slander anyone who forms an opinion different from their own whilst they hope somebody else props up the price so they can cash out later. I've seen many a posts these people will be buying if btc ever reaches xyz dollars, well here it is on clearance with a 60% discount and its crickets.

Don't get me wrong, it was a great social experiment when mining was decentralized, but now that ASIC's control the market, the price and difficulty are turn-offs to newcomers. Greed drove the market up. Now greed is driving it back down, but this time I expect a longer capitulation cycle before next ATH, if ever.

That is something I rather noticed that is frequently expressed on here. Perma-bulls in any capacity end up being wrong eventually. Things like Stock Market crashing and other things crashing then taking years and decades to get back to where it was. Those types of things confuse people who are always positive.

Thank you for your post, I appreciate that at least 2 people on this whole forum understand you can't always look at the glass as "Half full".
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:35:58 PM

America is not the world - take a wider look

Quote where I said "America".

And isn't it great I can quote myself?

If poor people only use BTC back and forth between each other it would be wonderful, but that isn't going to happen for a long long long time, 10s of years later maybe, MAYBE people will all be tech savvy. MAYBE. But BTC doesn't solve any problems for the majority of people and you know it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: