Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:41:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Retracted previous statements :)  (Read 13141 times)
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:06:55 PM

However, at a $6-7 billion market cap, bitcoin is smaller than Fortune 500 companies, let alone any government currency.  Look at Walmart, ExxonMobil or British Petroleum or Shell.  They all have revenues of $1 billion or more per day.

Just think about that one.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iluvpie60 (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:58:13 PM

Fail.
Your post is not balanced.
If you rewrite with this in the first paragraph then it will be better and more people will read it:
Denmark has declared you can trade BTC and pay no taxes on the profits.

ps. You do not need to use bold or blueCheesy

Face reality. Or don't, idk your choice. This is kinda long. Why not. Fun is spelled F U N.

Look at all of the news in the past few months. The IRS classified Bitcoin as property(the judgement everyone was waiting for to see if it was legal or not officially) Check, its there now.

You can buy almost anything you want with BTC now(might have to convert to Gyft for some things).

Some countries have banned it some haven't.

China is basically going to ban it and cause a new price crash on April 15th(Or so I have heard and it really looks to be the case from my own research).

At this point, can anyone really say there is something that will catapult Bitcoin straight up like happened months ago?(no you can't and the comments below prove you can't even form sentences to this question). I will change my mind if someone really gives a good argument for a huge sharp rise in a short period. But I don't see one(comments below show no arguments yet).

Long term, another coin will beat it out, or something better will be invented. It's no secret mining is a completely stupid way of verifying a transaction because all that happens is that tons of computers/gpus/servers/rigs are guessing random numbers until they line up with what is needed. This eventually will cause a tremendous amount of energy waste(right now I am pretty sure all miners are losing money if they are converting into USD right away).

Just because there is a limited supply doesn't mean anything, the demand also comes in somewhere no? Look at the demand right now, price dropped from a high of I dunno 1,135 USD something(not MTGOX  inflated prices) now it is at 445 USD. A lot of people got invested into this when it was going up in price, ever wonder why you only see 3,000 people signed on BTC-E anymore and not 15,000 like they were getting? Demand is dropping, supply doesn't matter if no one wants it.

That being said, if you are one of these people who "put all of their life savings in BTC/Alt coins" I think it is time for a reality check(at least in the short term).

Oh but the Network effect you all scream like babies, tell that to MySpace rofl. Or AIM, or Yahoo, or any other person who held the network majority, its called competition(google it).

Personally, I lost all of my BTC, originally had 5 BTC, turned it into 7 BTC, lost some on a bad trade, lost 45% of my BTC on Cex.io adding "futures options", which I had no idea they were doing(my fault I know). Then I accidentally did a max bet on Just dice and lost most of it, got like .2 BTC left right, then coinex gets hacked rofl... so im down to abotu .05 BTC total.

For reference, my friend put 3,000 bucks into stock at his company and bought in at 43 bucks per, had to hold for a lil while, then sold it at 60 bucks. Kinda wishing I never did this whole BTC thing, it helps people, but it's definitely a super minority of people this helps(for now). I agree it might help poorer countries, but "Ain't nobody got time for that" over there, they are like you know, farming and stealing to eat and survive. So #ya.

Edit 1: Let me also add, BTC it is not very user friendly for the majority of any population. You have to verify a bank account where your Fiat comes from and get a fee charged on you (but Bitcoin itself can have no fees I understand that) So you still have fees for now, so that doesn't exactly help. Fees need to be eliminated or driven down really really low, then you got a fee to withdraw into Fiat also. I understand you can just keep it in BTC, but heres the problem you run into. Say you have 1 BTC, you spend all of it, guess what? Time to pony up and pay more fees to get BTC, now you have to keep track of the flucuations of BTC according to the IRS ruling. Every time you buy or sell any coins for any reason ever, you have to keep track of it, no thanks rofl.

If Obama can win a majority of a country of 300 million +  and get a second term based on ideas and no substance, how do you expect Bitcoin which is based on substance and some Ideology to win over morons? It won't. Also, the repubbies'cans say the same thing for the past 8 years, they presented their ideas and didn't win anything but the House. Might get Senate this time because Obama lies a lot and ppl get madzzz.

Edit 2: Personally, I incur 0% fees per year on my credit cards. All of them have no annual fee, no fees for bank transfers ever on my cards, no late payment fees ever for an unlimited amount of times, 1 and 2% cash back on everything(one of my cards is 1% but it is MasterCard I have to sometimes use), I get 5% cash back on purchases in the rotating 3 month categories(I  have 4 credit cards all linked to one b ank account, and whichever card has the 5% off of whatever I am buying I use that). So it becomes extremely wrong to advocate Bitcoin be used for rich/middle/lower middle class people. I only make 47,000 a year Salary, I am 24 years old, 2 years out of college and I am at my first "REAL" job, to tell me to use Bitcoin and get some fees converting from Fiat to BTC, then I spend the BTC, then guess what??? I need more BTC, lets incur more fees converting from Fiat to BTC. Don't you see BTC is really for poor people? If poor people only use BTC back and forth between each other it would be wonderful, but that isn't going to happen for a long long long time, 10s of years later maybe, MAYBE people will all be tech savvy. MAYBE. But BTC doesn't solve any problems for the majority of people and you know it.

Edit 3:
I really feel like that mining is a huge waste of electricity, think of if we didn't have to mine and have hardware that generated random numbers to complete a hash. What then? Do we really need something to continually guess at solving a hash and it takes time and massive amounts of equipment? I don't think we do. I just think we need enough connected computers to agree what something is, I feel it is very unnecessary to have servers/mining rigs chug out random guesses at solving a hash 24/7 for Bitcoin to work. That isn't efficient, and eventually it will all be controlled by someone with the highest bankroll who can keep buying new servers/quantum computing. The fact that organizations like Cex.io exist should really make anyone question what this is all about.

There are people making money, and the people making the most money are in the hardware side. Do you ever wonder why it seems like there are so many people making hardware? Why don't they use it for themselves and keep all the BTC they make? Because the return on investment is really risky, better to have a guaranteed return in US dollars or BTC by selling the hardware/services.

When you think of it all that way, you can see why I believe BTC will be dominated by companies and inevitable BANKS. BANKS and INSURANCE companies are the only establishments that would logically take on this kind of thing, and the only establishments who need to BUY it out. Why did Facebook buy Whatsapp and Pinterest? Less competition = better life for Facebook. It is what all Oligopolies want and crave Wink

I respectfully disagree, I DO need to use bold and blue. If people want to read it they will. Too bad almost no volume of trading in BTC happens in Denmark. But don't let facts get in your way.
herebittybittybitty

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:00:01 PM

tl;dr
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:03:44 PM

Personally, I lost all of my BTC, originally had 5 BTC, turned it into 7 BTC, lost some on a bad trade, lost 45% of my BTC on Cex.io adding "futures options", which I had no idea they were doing(my fault I know). Then I accidentally did a max bet on Just dice and lost most of it, got like .2 BTC left right, then coinex gets hacked rofl... so im down to abotu .05 BTC total.
sooo... you lost pretty much all your bitcoins by your own stupidity... and now you're in a frantic loop justifying why bitcoin will never go big again by spreading FUD?

Why on earth would anyone pay you to be a planning and forecasting analyst?

I think you, cosmofly, and fonzi should talk over beer at the Barking Bear, the trip will be provided by my early stash of HODL n' win coins.

Notice that the people spreading the most FUD are often the ones who jumped off the train early.

I lost roughly 45% of my BTC due to Cex.io randomly putting Futures Options in. Which created a panic sell and I went from having aabout 7 BTC to like 3.6 or so. Then I transferred it all over to Just Dice, and accidentally held down the C key when I meant to hold down the X key. I bet there all the time for small amounts, X decreases the bet, C increases it. I am not in any frantic loop, if you actually take what I said and analyze the tone/mood of my words(which you obviously can't because you flunked 7th grade English/Grammar class, fucking idiot), then maybe you would understand.

Why do people pay me to be a Planning and Forecasting Analyst?? Gee three guesses and the first two don't count.

Not spreading FUD you fucking moron, you are saying I am, just because you say it doesn't make it so. Fuck off.
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:04:16 PM

tl;dr

More like: You are too dumb, can't comprehend.

#idiot
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:05:55 PM

Despair.

Yet another sentiment data point indicating that we are near the bottom of this bubble collapse.

You obviously failed 7th grade English/Grammar class also. Please educate yourself on Tone/Moods of sentence structure.

Sigh, fucking idiots in here like usual.
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:07:17 PM

Bitcoin will never go to the moon again because we already did that. Mars is next, stupid OP.

Yeah? Pics or it didn't happen.

#idiot

OP you're an obvious noob in this forum and in the bitcoin world. I was here long before you and all the oldfags know that Bitcoin already got to the moon. DONE. Now, let's speak about Mars.

Dang, I can Photoshop a pic of it going into the ground.

You're an obvious fucking moron and don't want to hear any opinion unless it agrees with your own.

Just my $.02

No one cares about you being gay either.
Arghhh

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:09:28 PM

I lost roughly 45% of my BTC due to Cex.io randomly putting Futures Options in. Which created a panic sell and I went from having aabout 7 BTC to like 3.6 or so. Then I transferred it all over to Just Dice, and accidentally held down the C key when I meant to hold down the X key. I bet there all the time for small amounts, X decreases the bet, C increases it. I am not in any frantic loop, if you actually take what I said and analyze the tone/mood of my words(which you obviously can't because you flunked 7th grade English/Grammar class, fucking idiot), then maybe you would understand.

Why do people pay me to be a Planning and Forecasting Analyst?? Gee three guesses and the first two don't count.

Not spreading FUD you fucking moron, you are saying I am, just because you say it doesn't make it so. Fuck off.
oooh them fighting words...  Roll Eyes

So you just reconfirmed to everyone that you lost all your coins because you're incompetent...
Doesn't that tell the rest of us that you are incompetent in other things as well... like forecasting analysis?

I'm sorry that you've been robbed of your coins and is no longer onboard... but that doesn't mean you should take it out on the world.
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:13:15 PM

We are early adopters.. All that stuff can happen with insurers stepping up making the markets. Refunds instant transactions etc are all possible.

There will be that stuff yes, through banks and massive insurance companies. You have to look at it through this premise, BIG ASS BANKS and BIG ASS INSURANCE(no pun intended) are virtually the only establishments that can take this on, which is the opposite of what BTC is founded on. BTC isn't founded on BIG ASS BANKS and BIG ASS INSURANCE taking over later. That is going to be a major issue that people will not like who subscribe to this ideology.

That being said, there's really no point in even using BTC for the average person when you get 5% cash back on a credit card with no annual fees and no late payment issues. Bitcoin doesn't give out loans, if it did it would become something people use more obviously, and it would also become just like the banks everyone sought to get away from.

My whole point is that BTC will turn into an online only type of bank(BlockChain.Info rings a bell), where eventually people will lend out things(this already happens on a small scale), there will be interest(already happens just like a bank), there is already fractional reserves(MTGOX and other hacked exchanges prove this), then you got insurance(already big banks doing this for BTC)...How about we talk about how BTC will get away from these things, because right now BTC really isn't going away from banks, it is turning into them.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:13:24 PM

Face reality
Reality is for people who cannot handle Bitcoins.  Cheesy

iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:15:00 PM

oooh them fighting words...  Roll Eyes

So you just reconfirmed to everyone that you lost all your coins because you're incompetent...
Doesn't that tell the rest of us that you are incompetent in other things as well... like forecasting analysis?

I'm sorry that you've been robbed of your coins and is no longer onboard... but that doesn't mean you should take it out on the world.

Why do I have to reconfirm something that I already confirmed to begin with... Are you retarded???

IDGAF if you wanna pretend you are sorry for anyone losing coins, its money dude, stuff like this happens. I personally couldn't care less. I only mention it so people know where I am coming from. I never said I was off board either, are you fucking dense? I support BTC you fucking idiot.
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:15:54 PM

Face reality
Reality is for people who cannot handle Bitcoins.  Cheesy

Should it say "Virtual Reality" or "Crypto Reality"?

Cheesy

Just updated it.

You are right.
Arghhh

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:21:25 PM

Why do I have to reconfirm something that I already confirmed to begin with... Are you retarded???

IDGAF if you wanna pretend you are sorry for anyone losing coins, its money dude, stuff like this happens. I personally couldn't care less. I only mention it so people know where I am coming from. I never said I was off board either, are you fucking dense? I support BTC you fucking idiot.
sooo... you lost your money not just once, but several times because of your bad judgment... and I'm the idiot for pointing that out?

Wink

iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:24:39 PM

sooo... you lost your money not just once, but several times because of your bad judgment... and I'm the idiot for pointing that out?

Wink

You're an idiot because you are trying to troll someone who is smarter than you in the sense of word play. Quit wasting your time, you aren't proving anything and you lack the tools to communicate effectively.

Losing my BTC is my own doing, if I didn't list it here you legit wouldn't have anything to say because you can't actually form an opinion on what is going to happen to BTC. So you focus on demeaning other people. That is like level 1 trolling dude. Get on my level.
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:26:18 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 06:58:48 PM by kooke

and don't want to hear any opinion unless it agrees with your own.

We have heard your opinion, but we don't agree with parts of it. Some of us have responded with valid counter-arguments I believe. You may deem us as delusional and unable to grasp reality, but some of our experiences with BTC greatly differ from yours.

Arghhh

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:29:38 PM

You're an idiot because you are trying to troll someone who is smarter than you in the sense of word play. Quit wasting your time, you aren't proving anything and you lack the tools to communicate effectively.

Losing my BTC is my own doing, if I didn't list it here you legit wouldn't have anything to say because you can't actually form an opinion on what is going to happen to BTC. So you focus on demeaning other people. That is like level 1 trolling dude. Get on my level.
easy there tiger... that nasty temper is going to lose you another 3k worth of investment yet.

Wink
 Wink
 Wink
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:30:38 PM

and don't want to hear any opinion unless it agrees with your own.

We have heard your opinion, but we don't agree with it. Some of us have responded with valid counter-arguments I believe. You may deem us as delusional and unable to grasp reality, but some of our experiences with BTC greatly differ from yours.

And we have heard your opinion. So many bulls involved in something because they hope and wish it will succeed. Sorry for being the Mayor of Realville and you don't like it. People never want to hear good advice, and they always shoot the messenger. ALWAYS.
iluvpie60 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:33:18 PM

easy there tiger... that nasty temper is going to lose you another 3k worth of investment yet.

Wink
 Wink
 Wink

Since you seem to have trouble comprehending Tone and Mood. Let me Google that for you! A tool used by smart people to help dumb ass people like yourself Wink

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Tone+and+Mood+sentence+structure
Arghhh

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:37:15 PM

Since you seem to have trouble comprehending Tone and Mood. Let me Google that for you! A tool used by smart people to help dumb ass people like yourself Wink

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Tone+and+Mood+sentence+structure
you should really try to stay on topic, this is a speculation thread, not a I-lost-my-money-and-now-I'm-taking-it-out-on-the-world-thread.

herebittybittybitty

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:41:28 PM

tl;dr

More like: You are too dumb, can't comprehend.

#idiot

I don't read garbage posted by hysterics who use hashtags.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: