Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:56:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Start my own coin - requirements  (Read 851 times)
hadim (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:41:18 PM

Generally this altcoin is not for me ..
I was asked by a friend to clona a coin and made some changes ..I little know C + + so I agreed .. Changes have been made.. to test the coin I used a modified bitcoin - testnet -box, I generated the genesis block .. mining, transactions etc. work well. . So it is ok .. to do were a package for platforms .. there is no problem too ..

Worse thing looks like when I want officially launch this coin .. ( my knowledge of what is bitcoin is the medium level, about the network is not too great. I try to be learn, but on it also takes time. I do not know if I want to be interested this in the long term . . )

I do not know what load we can expect .. this might be the beginning of 200 users and can be  2000 .. I do not know how he will promote this coin , etc. ..

So if someone is familiar topic and can help and give me advice about how looks like a start coins and what is needed ( hosting requirements, configuration, etc. .) I will be grateful for it .
thankful_for_today

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:59:37 PM

Generally this altcoin is not for me ..
I was asked by a friend to clona a coin and made some changes ..I little know C + + so I agreed .. Changes have been made.. to test the coin I used a modified bitcoin - testnet -box, I generated the genesis block .. mining, transactions etc. work well. . So it is ok .. to do were a package for platforms .. there is no problem too ..

Worse thing looks like when I want officially launch this coin .. ( my knowledge of what is bitcoin is the medium level, about the network is not too great. I try to be learn, but on it also takes time. I do not know if I want to be interested this in the long term . . )

I do not know what load we can expect .. this might be the beginning of 200 users and can be  2000 .. I do not know how he will promote this coin , etc. ..

So if someone is familiar topic and can help and give me advice about how looks like a start coins and what is needed ( hosting requirements, configuration, etc. .) I will be grateful for it .

The most important issue to start a coin is to say why your coin is intresting for other people. Bitcoin had a lot of innovations. Litecoin, Namecoin, Primecoin, Yacoin, Datacoin, Peercoin, NXT, CryptoNote/Bytecoin ... had technical innovations too. Doge was a really good joke. What is new in your coin?

Vote for BitMonero on Comkort exchange: https://comkort.com/vote
BTC: 1F1Ryrc2gvJQsVNTS5xvCxKugMjvbFRzX4
hadim (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:48:20 PM

I know it is important. But it is not  my coin ,made for a friend, according to his idea and I do not want it now advertise.

I wants to learn how to start(technical page)..

I agreed to help him with this coin and wants to just finish it already.
hadim (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 07:41:23 PM

Is there someone who can help?
Viscis

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 08:01:48 PM

If you dont understand what you are doing then it is a bad idea. We have enough coins without competent developers.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 08:04:09 PM

I think, in a nutshell, this post captures everything wrong with the altcoin scene today. Kudos op Smiley
hadim (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:12:22 PM

Easy, I know what I'm doing, but I would like to seek opinion of other owners altcoin.
Anyone can experimenting with altcoins, no one starts coins without confident that everything is refined in every detail.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:17:20 PM

I hope he wants to maintain it for his buddy for life lol
What you gonna do when your "buddies" coin gets forked or needs to be fixed ?
doesn't matter does it ? lol

EDIT:
and good luck getting opinions from other coin cloners.. they are elusive cowards hiding all the time.
i have tried long and hard to get ANY of them to man up and admit what coins they have put out and how many forum accounts they have used..
and to this day every single one of them has ran and hid in the shadows like little pussies.

FUD first & ask questions later™
lasciv

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:34:25 PM

Is there someone who can help?

No.

Kiss
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 12:58:57 AM

Nice troll OP
bl0ckchain

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:11:59 AM

Easy, I know what I'm doing, but I would like to seek opinion of other owners altcoin.
Anyone can experimenting with altcoins, no one starts coins without confident that everything is refined in every detail.

Developers aren't supposed to 'own' coins.

This is something that is unclear in the minds of many. The reason these currencies are so attractive/useful to the population is because they are decentralized.

A developer like yourself could join a community and help to make an existing coin better, rather than contributing to the problem and creating yet another half-baked altcoin.
slashka

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:33:22 AM

In my opinion tha good coin is the coin, that:
- has a great developer, which knows what he does;
- coin is developped to help in solving some problems or something like that;
- coin is made for people, not for "to the moon capitals" of developers;
- coin has something special, that others don't;
- coin in which a creator trust and believe.

Topic closed Smiley

PayCoin - the people's money.
URC Coin - the power of hexagon!
Need a coin website? PM me
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: