Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 01:24:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are girls using Bitcoins?  (Read 17629 times)
NEM minnow

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:40:56 PM

when girls really start using it, then we know that bitcoin is real.  girls are very safe and cautious with money. 

to make bitcoin popular with girls, it will have to be a lot easier to use, and maybe get a pink wallet.
madmadmax

Activity: 740
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:01:18 PM

when girls really start using it, then we know that bitcoin is real.  girls are very safe and cautious with money. 

to make bitcoin popular with girls, it will have to be a lot easier to use, and maybe get a pink wallet.

Clinging to stereotypes won't help acceptance among females. They are perfectly capable when they want.

Surely we would need to have a wallet with beer images and naked girls to gain adoption among men?

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 01:19:39 PM

Right now, I have heard that the females constitute a significant part of the Bitcoiners in China and Hong Kong. There they constitute some one-fifth to one-third of all Bitcoiners. But the problem is that most of them have no ideological reason to use Bitcoin. They are just seeing Bitcoin as another medium of investment.  Angry

.... Hong Kong has a high percentage of female ASIAN Bitcoin users?

*buys ticket*
Nerazzura

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:00:12 PM

the count of women is much less about BTC.
As for those who use images of women or female name, when in fact they are a man who wants to seduce
   : D. women prefer to talk about their idols or their friend's husband. haha
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:04:41 PM

Considering all the guys who play female toons in mmorpgs, are we sure this 10%-20% aren't just guys who wish they were women?!

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:10:14 PM

*buys ticket*

OK. Cancel your ticket. Heard that the vast majority of them are middle-aged. (Chinese Bitcoiners as a whole are significantly older than the average Bitcoin user in the United States or the European Union).  Grin
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:20:41 PM

Any girls in the house

or

is this a Man's world?
In my country there is may be 5 women who not only know but have Bitcoin.
So not sure if there is much women having BTC. Is there in the world a girl bought mining rig and mined BTC?
BR
Gondel
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:34:12 PM

Considering all the guys who play female toons in mmorpgs, are we sure this 10%-20% aren't just guys who wish they were women?!

I tought most guys pick girls in mmorpgs because it's better to stare at a female butt than to stare at a male butt all the time.
ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:12:06 PM

The problem was not that the hug was "mean", the problem was that it obviously crossed the line. It can be extremely uncomfortable, and at times degrading, to have some unfamiliar man grab and grope you as if they have the right to do that because you are a women. It is about boundaries and respect.

Yeah, either you want tough men or you want pussies. Maybe, you better decide. Wink
LuckyBear

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:45:50 PM

Amusing, but to be fair she is probably in the 1% bracket, so she is an exotic animal at that meetup as a matter of fact. And hey, one hen amongst 99 roosters, what can you expect?  Wink

she claims to be a bitcoin enthusiast then writes a negative article about a hug hey I'm sure it was a really mean hug don't get me wrong!

The problem was not that the hug was "mean", the problem was that it obviously crossed the line. It can be extremely uncomfortable, and at times degrading, to have some unfamiliar man grab and grope you as if they have the right to do that because you are a women. It is about boundaries and respect.

You seem to be screaming for attention, claiming to be a pretty girl on a male dominated forum.

On a sidenote, am I the only one who chuckled at the OPs name?

It's a long thread with more than one person asserting that women who use bitcoin are "ugly nerds" or similar, it's not weird that an attractive woman who uses it may say "Hey, I exist and I use bitcoin" without her very existence to be an elaborate scam to get a few extra lines of snark out of you guys.
I'm a reasonably attractive woman too, just so you know. It's not for your benefit and it doesn't magically stop me from using cryptocurrencies.
It seems a little weird that just by being on here as "publically female" people immediatly expect you to be a scammy liar who's out to get their coins or too dumb to throw on a burka and call yourself mr.jones to escape the hassle.
I shall be here as the semi-hot chick I am to show you that semi-hot chicks can do cool stuff too, damn it!
I don't need no pink waller either.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:50:06 PM

It's a long thread with more than one person asserting that women who use bitcoin are "ugly nerds"

I must have missed that assertion.

Anyway us guys are mostly hoping there are and will be lots of bitcoin classy ladies and crypto cuties.... So bring it on please !   Grin Kiss  Tongue

fifivotch

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:18:31 PM

Of course there are girls using Bitcoin  Cool , i'm girl and i have much bitcoins Wink
I even made a short video to present bitcoin for girls who do not know  Wink
http://youtu.be/OJV8qTkFwZk

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 08:56:02 PM

*buys ticket*

OK. Cancel your ticket. Heard that the vast majority of them are middle-aged. (Chinese Bitcoiners as a whole are significantly older than the average Bitcoin user in the United States or the European Union).  Grin

MILFS and Cougars woot! Cheesy
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:59:10 PM

Any girls in the house

or

is this a Man's world?

http://www.reddit.com/r/GirlsGoneBitcoin

The room is full as I can see  Wink

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:06:15 PM

Amusing, but to be fair she is probably in the 1% bracket, so she is an exotic animal at that meetup as a matter of fact. And hey, one hen amongst 99 roosters, what can you expect?  Wink

she claims to be a bitcoin enthusiast then writes a negative article about a hug hey I'm sure it was a really mean hug don't get me wrong!

You seem to be screaming for attention, claiming to be a pretty girl on a male dominated forum.

It's a long thread with more than one person asserting that women who use bitcoin are "ugly nerds" or similar, it's not weird that an attractive woman who uses it may say "Hey, I exist and I use bitcoin" without her very existence to be an elaborate scam to get a few extra lines of snark out of you guys.
I'm a reasonably attractive woman too, just so you know. It's not for your benefit and it doesn't magically stop me from using cryptocurrencies.
It seems a little weird that just by being on here as "publically female" people immediatly expect you to be a scammy liar who's out to get their coins or too dumb to throw on a burka and call yourself mr.jones to escape the hassle.
I shall be here as the semi-hot chick I am to show you that semi-hot chicks can do cool stuff too, damn it!

it's just that in a forum like this you can expect to get sexist comments and openly confessing to not only be a woman, but a pretty woman is like asking for this:

bitsire

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:11:15 PM

Well the ones who strip in front of a web cam for Bitcoins certainly are  Smiley
LuckyBear

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:32:06 PM

Amusing, but to be fair she is probably in the 1% bracket, so she is an exotic animal at that meetup as a matter of fact. And hey, one hen amongst 99 roosters, what can you expect?  Wink

it's just that in a forum like this you can expect to get sexist comments and openly confessing to not only be a woman, but a pretty woman is like asking for this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aw0pt8Shf3g/Ud2ezgGnwwI/AAAAAAAAApA/htC4LamJTb8/s320/tumblr_mddsnhcfqN1r8xipxo1_250.gif

I think it's more like *not* asking for it and getting it anyway.

But that gif is always hilarious. Lindsay Ellis ftw!
_Miracle

Activity: 909
Merit: 660

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 11:22:36 PM

*buys ticket*

Ha! Well I'm middle aged (at least I hope I'm almost halfway through life by now) so no one has to fear losing any coin to my "girly whiles". (AND I mine my own)
There was a post from some time ago regarding how to spot a scammer on the board and ... >someone claiming to be a girl was one of them.
For a moment I didn't know whether to offended or amused...so I choose to be amused ;-).

I'm not in the tech industry, I'm interested in how to apply technology to whatever I'm doing so the time for us average consumers is coming.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:49:19 PM

*buys ticket*

Ha! Well I'm middle aged (at least I hope I'm almost halfway through life by now) so no one has to fear losing any coin to my "girly whiles". (AND I mine my own)
There was a post from some time ago regarding how to spot a scammer on the board and ... >someone claiming to be a girl was one of them.
For a moment I didn't know whether to offended or amused...so I choose to be amused ;-).

I'm not in the tech industry, I'm interested in how to apply technology to whatever I'm doing so the time for us average consumers is coming.

I think the scammer post regarding people claiming to be girls was related to doing business with someone. As a possible scam would be to "flirt" with someone prior to doing business in order to gain their trust.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:27:33 AM

After years of being a monetary activist, I can safely assure you all that women just don't and aren't really going to understand bitcoin, as they lack an understanding of money in general.

Money is a tool of men to deal and trade with one another. Women, frankly, never had any need for money. They have their own currency, and its accepted EVERYWHERE. They can use it to get whatever they want and need.

I'm grumpy!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: