Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:17:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are girls using Bitcoins?  (Read 17629 times)
ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:33:40 AM

I think a lot of guys in Bitcoin are so obsessed with it, the thought of finding an attractive female to share their obsession with is too much for them to handle.  It reminds me of this clip from Tommy Boy... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1EyN9xTK94

I don't think their intent is to make women uncomfortable. I think they just lack tact and should probably treat women smart enough to be involved in Bitcoin with a little more respect than your average bar drunk.  Especially at a meet up...
are there even any guys obsessed with bitcoin that aren't completely socially awkward?  particularly when it comes to attractive women?

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:01:21 AM

I think a lot of guys in Bitcoin are so obsessed with it, the thought of finding an attractive female to share their obsession with is too much for them to handle.  It reminds me of this clip from Tommy Boy... 

I don't think their intent is to make women uncomfortable. I think they just lack tact and should probably treat women smart enough to be involved in Bitcoin with a little more respect than your average bar drunk.  Especially at a meet up...
are there even any guys obsessed with bitcoin that aren't completely socially awkward?  particularly when it comes to attractive women?
I'm not sure. I'd think so, but I can't be 100% sure.

Unless you want to use me as an example Roll Eyes

I guess it depends if they constantly talk about Bitcoin, that's the problem. If you only talk about a single thing, then it will become awkward. But if you talk about causally, then there shouldn't be an issue. Just be sure to change topics in case the other party seems bored with it.

Other than that, you should be good to go!
cech4204a

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 02:49:47 AM

My gf got explanation served several times what BTC is and she thinks it's a good technology, but somehow she doesen't trust BTC. I traded in past with BTC, invested and gambled also, but she did non of those and i think that she doesen't plan to.

Bitcoin is DEAD
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:30:26 AM

I am telling you, if we can get Nordstroms and Bloomingdales to accept BTC, we would be at a whole another level of mass adoption.  That would make so many women interested in using BTC.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:33:18 AM

I am telling you, if we can get Nordstroms and Bloomingdales to accept BTC, we would be at a whole another level of mass adoption.  That would make so many women interested in using BTC.

but BTC would crash to $200 within a month as huge amounts of BTC would be handed over to Nordstroms and Bloomingdales, who'll instant convert to get $Fiat to pay for overhead, taxes and employee expenses.  Grin

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:42:55 AM

but BTC would crash to $200 within a month as huge amounts of BTC would be handed over to Nordstroms and Bloomingdales, who'll instant convert to get $Fiat to pay for overhead, taxes and employee expenses.  Grin

Actually this part is true. A crash like that could possibly fork over 30% of existing BTC to said companies, unless male users keep their wallets from their wives...

This does bring up an interesting problem, however. What happens when franchises on that same scale start accepting BTC? Will the value increase rapidly, as the supply becomes a bit scarcer and it sells for more, as stores want the highest price they can get to pay their employees, or will it drop substantially like quoted user says?

I'm going to say that it would increase, but that's probably just me.

However, the adoption rate would be amazing...
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:45:48 AM

This is a tricky question, OP.  Next, we'll be discussing the racial and ethnic makeup of the current coin holders and requiring a more "balanced opportunity" consistent with societal demographics.  

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:47:47 AM

I think a lot of guys in Bitcoin are so obsessed with it, the thought of finding an attractive female to share their obsession with is too much for them to handle.  It reminds me of this clip from Tommy Boy...  

I don't think their intent is to make women uncomfortable. I think they just lack tact and should probably treat women smart enough to be involved in Bitcoin with a little more respect than your average bar drunk.  Especially at a meet up...

are there even any guys obsessed with bitcoin that aren't completely socially awkward?  particularly when it comes to attractive women?

I am not socially awkward and regularly spend time with attractive women...  Seeing how Bitcoin gained popularity back in 2011, I imagine that many of us old timers are far from what people view as today's typical Bitcoiner.

i very rarely talk about bitcoin amongst women if they don't already know about it. try to explain it and their eyes glaze over.

as a topic of conversation, it was a bit more interesting in 2011-2013 when you try to explain it and say "you can use it to buy drugs on the internet". now that got women going.

(sorry for any stereotyping here but this is just from my experience)

Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:12:02 AM

is this like a pickup thread ?
does it really matter if they use ?

I bet a heap do but they don't identify as for fear of being e-raped.

and then there are the girls who make a big deal they are a girl.. half of them are not even girls.. but yeah does it really matter ?
how does it make a diff Huh

i call this thread.... e-pickup.

jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:47:31 AM

is this like a pickup thread ?
does it really matter if they use ?

I bet a heap do but they don't identify as for fear of being e-raped.

and then there are the girls who make a big deal they are a girl.. half of them are not even girls.. but yeah does it really matter ?
how does it make a diff Huh

i call this thread.... e-pickup.

CoinDate.com
Ads are in the feminine napkin aisle at your local retailer.
LuckyBear

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:10:17 PM

After years of being a monetary activist, I can safely assure you all that women just don't and aren't really going to understand bitcoin, as they lack an understanding of money in general.

Money is a tool of men to deal and trade with one another. Women, frankly, never had any need for money. They have their own currency, and its accepted EVERYWHERE. They can use it to get whatever they want and need.

I picture this: http://giphy.com/gifs/1464ybxGAabe0 (yes i'm a noob and I'm not sure how to insert gifs)

...And yes, yes that's totally how I deal with all my transactions, although of course in real life I pull the mystical lady-currency straight outta my vagina. The clerk always asks "cash, credit or vajayjay?" and I of course always pay with pussy. That's why poor women don't exist!

Though I must disagree with the "everywhere" cause i imagine it'd be real problematic at, say, the std clinic... and when ordering online...
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 12:48:24 PM

This is a tricky question, OP.  Next, we'll be discussing the racial and ethnic makeup of the current coin holders and requiring a more "balanced opportunity" consistent with societal demographics.  

I'm getting really tired and fed up of these kind of discussions but you're exactly right, they don't stop either Sad

It's like this obsession lately with people claiming that we 'need' more women in the engineering industry/sector, if they're interested good for them, if not then they're not, leave them the fuck alone, the worst thing you could do is hire someone who has no interest in their job and hire them just because of their gender or race because they'll do a worse job than somebody who is interested in their work and that's just a fact.
Nicolas Dorier

Activity: 714
Merit: 661

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:53:06 PM

I thought you were asking if you could pay girls with Bitcoin... my bad.

Bitcoin address 15sYbVpRh6dyWycZMwPdxJWD4xbfxReeHe
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:57:38 PM

After years of being a monetary activist, I can safely assure you all that women just don't and aren't really going to understand bitcoin, as they lack an understanding of money in general.

Money is a tool of men to deal and trade with one another. Women, frankly, never had any need for money. They have their own currency, and its accepted EVERYWHERE. They can use it to get whatever they want and need.

Hundreds of women are nagging for Bitcoin here against private show...

http://www.reddit.com/r/GirlsGoneBitcoin

What's uR take about it ?

commandrix

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:03:48 PM

ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:43:10 AM

I'm getting really tired and fed up of these kind of discussions but you're exactly right, they don't stop either Sad

It's like this obsession lately with people claiming that we 'need' more women in the engineering industry/sector, if they're interested good for them, if not then they're not, leave them the fuck alone, the worst thing you could do is hire someone who has no interest in their job and hire them just because of their gender or race because they'll do a worse job than somebody who is interested in their work and that's just a fact.

It has to do with people wanting bitcoin (and the engineering sector) to be more "diverse"
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 12:46:13 AM

Of course, there are more and more women using bitcoin everyday.

Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 02:50:34 AM

I'm a girl.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:40:51 AM

For whatever it's worth, the male-to-female ratio for users of this forum is 4.4 to 1:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:14:48 AM

Thanks for the clip Og Nasty.

RIP Chris Farley.  Total comic genius.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: