Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 04:01:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Honey Boo Boo Asks,"WTF Is Bitcoin? Aint It Like Bacon?"  (Read 4634 times)
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:05:39 AM

WTF is Honey Boo Boo ? Shocked

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 08:22:17 AM

Ain't got a clue, but only if there were some sort of search engine thingy on the internet so that one could hunt it down. Sadly, it probably be years before such is created, let alone it probably be too expensive to use. May I suggest asking one of your Facebook or Twitter fans if any one of them ever heard of such an animal? I'm guessing it's related to a Honey Badger or Wolverine.

Back to that yet-to-be-developed-search-the-internet-thingy. If it is developed, I hope they call it Sextillion, for that's all the internet is good for anyway - SEX & Tillion-like products.

Sometime in the future, we hope people can send money over the internet thingy at very little or no cost. That would be grand! It could be called CoinNets or something similar.
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:41:59 PM

Ahh We need bitcoin to have commercials now I think the bitcoin foundation,  need to do TV AD avertising. Im kinda shock with all the btc being made no one has thought of it. 

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:06:27 PM

Ain't got a clue, but only if there were some sort of search engine thingy on the internet so that one could hunt it down. Sadly, it probably be years before such is created, let alone it probably be too expensive to use. May I suggest asking one of your Facebook or Twitter fans if any one of them ever heard of such an animal? I'm guessing it's related to a Honey Badger or Wolverine.

Back to that yet-to-be-developed-search-the-internet-thingy. If it is developed, I hope they call it Sextillion, for that's all the internet is good for anyway - SEX & Tillion-like products.

Sometime in the future, we hope people can send money over the internet thingy at very little or no cost. That would be grand! It could be called CoinNets or something similar.

Sent a few mBtc to Bitcoin100 on your behalf for making me laugh Grin
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 04:01:49 PM

Sent a few mBtc to Bitcoin100 on your behalf for making me laugh Grin

Thanks, bud. I was hoping that my post would bring a smile to others, not meant as a diss toward whom I quoted.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:08:43 PM

Bitcoin is similar to bacon in the sense that they are both epic.  Tongue

BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:15:48 PM

Seems it is some kind of a TV serial in US, which majority of the people in rest of the world have never heard about. The problem with US people is, they think, they are at the center of the universe and rest of the world are very interested about their products. Hopefully Bitcoin World is not US centric...

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:18:38 PM

Seems it is some kind of a TV serial in US, which majority of the people in rest of the world have never heard about. The problem with US people is, they think, they are at the center of the universe and rest of the world are very interested about their products.

Nah.

Many of us just think that the average reader of an internet forum can figure out how to use and internet search engine.
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:25:04 PM

Seems it is some kind of a TV serial in US, which majority of the people in rest of the world have never heard about. The problem with US people is, they think, they are at the center of the universe and rest of the world are very interested about their products.

Nah.

Many of us just think that the average reader of an internet forum can figure out how to use and internet search engine.

Sounds like if Honey Boo Boo is to appeal to the non-US masses it needs to be spoon-fed because they certainly won't do their own research.  Wink
BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:32:29 PM

Nah.

U missed the point Danny. Will u care if Mehr Tarar or Rakhi Sawant says WTF is Bitcoin ?

bananaControl

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:39:02 PM

It's a fat person and a kid, and they are for some reason way overdressed... There, I researched it for you with my über internet skills.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:43:54 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 05:43:19 PM by DannyHamilton

Nah.

U missed the point Danny. Will u care if Mehr Tarar or Rakhi Sawant says WTF is Bitcoin ?

And you either missed the point or didn't bother to read the original post.

If you had, you'd have seen that the discussion is about whether bitcoin is too complex and difficult for the average person to understand.

The names "Honey Boo Boo", "Joe Blow", "Edith Bunker", "Rose Nylund", "Anna Nichole Smith", "Jessica Simpson", "Ann Coulter", "Sarah Palin", "Kim Kardashian", and "your grandma" were all used as examples of average people.  This is obvious from context even if you don't bother to search for any of these names on the internet.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:51:29 PM

Nah.

Sounds like if Honey Boo Boo is to appeal to the non-US masses it needs to be spoon-fed because they certainly won't do their own research.  Wink

Careful:
If you spoon-feed Honey Boo Boo she will spit the food back out in your face.  Roll Eyes

BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:01:32 PM

Nah.

And you either missed the point or didn't bother to read the original post.

If you had, you'd have seen that the discussion is about whether bitcoin is too complex and difficult for the average person to understand.

The names "Honey Boo Boo", "Joe Blow", "Edith Bunker", "Rose Nylund", "Anna Nichole Smith", "Jessica Simpson", "Ann Coulter", "Sarah Palin", "Kim Kardashian", and "your grandma" were all used examples of average people.  This is obvious from context even if you don't bother to search for any of these names on the internet.

Yesterday OP asked the same question in another thread and I gave the answer...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=558099.msg6089237#msg6089237

I never opposed the idea of taking bitcoin to the masses ...rather that would make my coins more valuable. Here my Q was simple and straight forward which probably does not deserve the reply Bruno made...

WTF is Honey Boo Boo ?

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:08:48 PM

Here my Q was simple and straight forward which probably does not deserve the reply Bruno made...

You are correct.  In general, trolls do not deserve any sort of reply.  I should take my own advice on that matter and stop this discussion here.

We have drifted significantly away from the topic of the thread and are likely to have all of these posts removed by a moderator anyhow.
SherdonIke

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:11:31 PM

Before they ask the questions they have it is better to read about bitcoin twice first
Xterry

Activity: 165
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:14:43 PM

who is Honey Boo Boo? Sounds stupid
Zosergag

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:17:56 PM

of course it's like bacon. Sleep well Honey Boo Boo!
BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:18:07 PM

Before they ask the questions they have it is better to read about bitcoin twice first

They wont do an internet search, but we have to ...to know who they are ...if we dont ...some Hero Member will call us Troll Cheesy

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:21:58 PM

who is Honey Boo Boo? Sounds stupid

She is a fat, spoiled American child who ended up in a "stupid" TV show.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: