Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 11:37:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Honey Boo Boo Asks,"WTF Is Bitcoin? Aint It Like Bacon?"  (Read 4634 times)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:28:44 AM

This thread proves/suggests no one around here (including me) cares at all about Honey Boo Boo.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:30:25 AM

LOL.   "Fiat world". As if there is any choice.   Grow up child

There's always a choice. The only thing tying us to the fiat world, is our voluntary contribution to it.
Being free is as simple as saying no to those who oppress our ideals, and having the balls to keep walking an unpaved road. Especially now, thanks to the great minds who gave us Bitcoin as an arme-de-resistance.

You realize BTC isn't legal tender?    As a debtor,  you can't force the creditor to accept BTC as debt payment.   That means IRS,  your landlord, the bank that holds your mortgage,  stores where you buy food,  clothes,  etc..

As the creditor, you have to accept legal tender (USD)  for all debts.   If my tennants pay me rent in USD,  I can't refuse and force them to pay me in BTC, bananas,  gold nuggets, blowjobs or anything not legal tender.

This is the real world.   Grow up and accept it.  It not voluntary.   Its a legal obligation.

There is no choice but to use fiat.  You can barter between private parties but thats about it

i have one question, if you dont hold any value in bitcoin and you have no desire in having an alternative to FIAT.. then ... why are you even on this forum??

Im here to educate people about economics.   My very old and retired father got a tip to invest in BTC.  He was told that it was "digital gold".  "Price never can go down cause deflationary design".  "Currency of the future".   This was when BTC was like $1000.  Glad i told him to stay away.   It got me thinking that there are a lot of bitcoin pumpers out there preying on greed of uninformed investors

I don't want to people get suckered in this pump and dump and lose their money.

My stance is that cryptos have a future as a transfer mechanism but not store of value.   Im mostly  intersted in crypto for academics.   Ripple shows most promise to me

I see that banking is broken but I believe solution is more regulation not less.   Not anarchy nor lassiez faire capitalism,  not wild west currencies.  Fiat is not the problem.   BTC is a fiat by definition!   The problem is derivatives

You sound just like a troll named anonymint.

twiifm

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:36:02 AM

He does seem pretty smart.   But his politics is way different than mine.

redhawk979

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:37:01 AM

I hate the fact that in Bitcoin world, any dissenting opinion = TROLL FUDSTER
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:37:56 AM

He does seem pretty smart.   But his politics is way different than mine.

Whether you're the same person is irrelevant, I've exposed your agenda just like I exposed his.  Game over.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:24:54 AM

I hate the fact that in Bitcoin world, any dissenting opinion = TROLL FUDSTER

It didn't used to be that way:
In June 2011 (the crazy peak of the first big Bullish wave) this forum was flooded with Troll FUD'sters for the first time.
The "good old days" were instantly over.

zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:01:38 PM

I  kinda disike that show, supporting idiotic people who do nothing but show off.  I dont know but that shows makes me feel shameful in being an amerian.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
serenitys (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:11:14 PM

I  kinda disike that show, supporting idiotic people who do nothing but show off.  I dont know but that shows makes me feel shameful in being an amerian.

They make me want to take a bath. In bleach and acid. For 6 hours just to make sure I got it all off of me.  Grin

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 4512

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:21:46 PM

Im here to educate people about economics.   My very old and retired father got a tip to invest in BTC.  He was told that it was "digital gold".  "Price never can go down cause deflationary design".  "Currency of the future".   This was when BTC was like $1000.  Glad i told him to stay away.   It got me thinking that there are a lot of bitcoin pumpers out there preying on greed of uninformed investors

I don't want to people get suckered in this pump and dump and lose their money.

My stance is that cryptos have a future as a transfer mechanism but not store of value.   Im mostly  intersted in crypto for academics.   Ripple shows most promise to me

I see that banking is broken but I believe solution is more regulation not less.   Not anarchy nor lassiez faire capitalism,  not wild west currencies.  Fiat is not the problem.   BTC is a fiat by definition!   The problem is derivatives

bitcoin is a FIAT?? OMG!!!!!!! you are really.. i wont even say the word because you being one, insults others of that same descriptive group.. more so then the word itself..

fiat money
noun
inconvertible paper money made legal tender by a government decree.

fiat is basically legal tender, controlled and ruled by government. but hey, let me make a nice little thing for you to memorize. To half understand what fiat is

US fiat is Federally.Insured.And.Trademarked by the US

bitcoin does not have one central body of power.

i will say however that there are some people that want to sell out so they would be deceptive when the price is high to be able to get out easily. making the person buying in lose out. but the rest of us are normally honest and try to keep the true facts alive and to correct people who are wrong. i feel sorry for your father who could have bought in a couple months earlier or a couple months later at the low price. but the truth is no investment is a perpetual rise, which would never drop. and you as a so called economist should know this.

i might apologise for my open minded, straight talking replies, and the manner to which i correct you. but i prefer to get the truth known before FUD spreads, then to hold back purely to be 'nice'

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:45:49 PM

Never watched it, and it still makes me feel shameful to be an American.

serenitys (OP)

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:54:14 PM

Oh ewwww...

My heartfelt, most humble apologies for bringing Honey Boo Boo to Bitcoin Island.

I've learned my lesson. It won't happen again.

*shivers*

Need another bath

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:50:34 PM

Oh ewwww...

My heartfelt, most humble apologies for bringing Honey Boo Boo to Bitcoin Island.

I've learned my lesson. It won't happen again.

*shivers*

Need another bath

Picture says a 1000 words?
*shivers also*
My heartfelt, most humble apologies...
It's OK we all make mistakes.

twiifm

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:01:52 PM

bitcoin is a FIAT?? OMG!!!!!!! you are really.. i wont even say the word because you being one, insults others of that same descriptive group.. more so then the word itself..

fiat money
noun
inconvertible paper money made legal tender by a government decree.

By that definition you posted BTC is fiat.  BTC is not convertible to anything.  Fiat means "let it be done".  Means its created from nothing.  USD is created out from debt.  BTC is created when some solves a math problem.  1BTC = 1BTC.  Its not convertible to gold or silver or grains or anything.  The only difference about BTC & USD is that USD is created out thin air by the govt.  BTC is created out of thin air by miners.  The other difference is USD is legal tender and BTC is not.  A point which I've made repeatedly.  The reason why this important is the demand for USD is  a legal requirement to pay taxes.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:11:17 PM

Honey Boo Boo changed my philosophical outlook on life. I now firmly support forced sterilization for the Deep South.

serenitys (OP)

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:13:28 AM

Honey Boo Boo changed my philosophical outlook on life. I now firmly support forced sterilization for the Deep South.

LOL no doubt!

And again, my apologies to the btc community.

Grin

Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:16:16 AM

LOL no doubt!

And again, my apologies to the btc community.

Grin

My apologies for the photos.
They do get the point across...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: