Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:33:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ANY coin even Attempting Mass Adoption, Seriously!!!!  (Read 5226 times)
Vicodin (OP)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 10:58:15 PM

Obviously you can see I am new around here. I have heard about Dogecoin on CNN, Bitcoin is always in the news. What about all the other coins? I am sure all the coins want the general public to learn about them. Can anyone tell me a coin that is marketing itself to the general public in any meaningful way? One that has a real plan? I am really surprised I am asking this question!!! Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
walnutter

Activity: 148

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:21:15 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 12:14:40 AM by walnutter

http://www.worldcoinalliance.net/
http://www.reddit.com/r/worldcoinAlliance/
https://www.facebook.com/WorldcoinWDC

They have active community developing and they are working on advertisement campaigns.

Here is a web store that accepts worldcoins as payment for computer hardware.
http://www.agnqtech.com/store/

This certainly is an attempt for mass adoption. On this forum and other places too are people that talk shit about every coin they see. Everything is not always going as planned. These trolls dig those mistakes up and exaggerate them. We can always learn from mistakes and try to do better.
ShimalH

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:55:29 PM

Obviously you can see I am new around here. I have heard about Dogecoin on CNN, Bitcoin is always in the news. What about all the other coins? I am sure all the coins want the general public to learn about them. Can anyone tell me a coin that is marketing itself to the general public in any meaningful way? One that has a real plan? I am really surprised I am asking this question!!! Shocked
The only coin that I know of marketing itself to the general public is Numus : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=543503.0

Their intro video seems to be aimed at people new to cryptos : https://vimeo.com/89947268

ShareCoin : SStrk8BCdBkbANHHbwGrU293qivEY2HEiy
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:12:54 AM

Everyone knows Worldcoin is dead as a doornail, what's with these posters.  Numus coin? what the hell is a Numus coin?  Oh, it has an IPO, aka scam.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:15:09 AM

Keep calm and talk to your friends and family about asspennies.
bl0ckchain

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:17:45 AM

The issue here again is that these coins are decentralized.

It takes people like yourself to come aboard a community and to make a push for this type of initiative. That's the beauty of these currencies. YOU can contribute and make an impact.

This is grass roots time in a big way. We can all change the world type days.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:38:46 AM

Everyone knows Worldcoin is dead as a doornail, what's with these posters.  Numus coin? what the hell is a Numus coin?  Oh, it has an IPO, aka scam.

It's also not 2009.  Numus is another mining coin and most people are wary of them and the professional miners are killing them.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
MysticalPotato

Activity: 91

Stop the potato genocide!

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:44:46 AM

Don't be surprised - I've also asked myself the same thing. To answer your question, unfortunately, no (aside from BTC, naturally).

With the staggering amount of brainpower here, it is sometimes surprising to see the lack of real focus on developing an effective marketing strategy (and no, a dice game and an explorer does not constitute a comprehensive strategy). There is a reason why sales and marketing personnel are among the highest paid in most organizations in any industry.

Nevertheless, there are probably a few coins that could conceivably make the push to prime time, but lack the impetus.
Furthermore, the centralization of executive power and share of the economic pie also discourage community-driven initiatives.

"Politeness induces morality. Serenity of manners requires serenity of mind.” - Julia Ward Howe

Signature space available for a worthy cause
UnNamedCoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 02:52:40 AM

Don't be surprised - I've also asked myself the same thing. To answer your question, unfortunately, no (aside from BTC, naturally).

With the staggering amount of brainpower here, it is sometimes surprising to see the lack of real focus on developing an effective marketing strategy (and no, a dice game and an explorer does not constitute a comprehensive strategy). There is a reason why sales and marketing personnel are among the highest paid in most organizations in any industry.

Nevertheless, there are probably a few coins that could conceivably make the push to prime time, but lack the impetus.
Furthermore, the centralization of executive power and share of the economic pie also discourage community-driven initiatives.

I have to agree with the above as it really is a marketing role that coins need to adopt. Im sure we have at some stage created a killer app or website and wondered why nobody ever used what we offered. Anyone can create a coin. Only a few can market it Smiley
thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:23:58 AM

Look at it this way.  Bitcoin, shitloads of money invested, yet who exactly is pushing for adoption? Why are these huge mining companies, exchanges, 1000btc bag holders not hiring people to solicit merchants to accept bitcoin?  They would rather manipulate the market to make quicker money is all I can think of.     
If a coin that has a lot of money, doesn't have people working to actively get it accepted, then a coin that has little to no money is going to be screwed. 
UnNamedCoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 04:11:54 AM

Look at it this way.  Bitcoin, shitloads of money invested, yet who exactly is pushing for adoption? Why are these huge mining companies, exchanges, 1000btc bag holders not hiring people to solicit merchants to accept bitcoin?  They would rather manipulate the market to make quicker money is all I can think of.     
If a coin that has a lot of money, doesn't have people working to actively get it accepted, then a coin that has little to no money is going to be screwed. 

The problem, even with Bitcoin is that it is a community project and effort is made via contribution.
Unless it adopts a business model, with income, salaries, marketing budgets etc, it may take a while for adoption, because right now, its only the media that write an article about any coin that gets it the free publicity.

For example... If I offered you a great salary to project manage a team of paid developers and then get a market firm paid up and working to market my coin, then things will quickly sway away from Bitcoin and over to the new "Recognized Leader" in Crypto Currency
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:01:31 AM

The only coin that I know of marketing itself to the general public is Numus : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=543503.0

Their intro video seems to be aimed at people new to cryptos : https://vimeo.com/89947268

This poster is scumbag scammer, he is stealing money through Numus, please check my explanation on the Numus thread if in any doubt.
ilccoin

Activity: 77

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:06:09 AM

the only coin i can think of know that you did not already mention is reddcoin. they aim to be the "social" cryptocoin and they tip people on twitter that have a lot of followers to get more attention.

CemQJWb3qA3DKsUV8nyfkgRe57zEKgmUm7
brooklynite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:39:53 AM

NET is probably one of the only coins besides BTC that is accepted at many stores. Check out the list of websites who accept NET on netcoinfoundation.org.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:26:30 AM

NET is probably one of the only coins besides BTC that is accepted at many stores. Check out the list of websites who accept NET on netcoinfoundation.org.

I looked. Its hardly 'at many stores' just a few prepper local stores. Please try harder next time.....
Vicodin (OP)

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:10:40 PM

The problem, even with Bitcoin is that it is a community project and effort is made via contribution.
Unless it adopts a business model, with income, salaries, marketing budgets etc, it may take a while for adoption, because right now, its only the media that write an article about any coin that gets it the free publicity.

For example... If I offered you a great salary to project manage a team of paid developers and then get a market firm paid up and working to market my coin, then things will quickly sway away from Bitcoin and over to the new "Recognized Leader" in Crypto Currency

Seriously, this is MIND BLOWING to me. This why cryptos hasn't caught on! No one is trying! Trying in any meaningful way. The worldcoin guy for example, this is NOT in any way a meaningful attempt at mass adoption!!

Any coin, even one of these copies out there could do REAL marketing and pass Bitcoin by the end of the year!!

galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:08:22 PM

Vicodin, the short answer is no.  Bitcoin is in the news as the mother of all crypto and Doge does try with their stunts and reddit presence, but outside of that little is happening.  Maybe AUR but no.  Now that IRS has ruled that BTC is property, it may even be harder to devise ways to use the coins.
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:25:52 PM

I'm surprised litecoin has not even been mentioned yet as it is the distant, yet undisputed second in the crypto market

reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:26:32 PM

Vicodin (OP)

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:37:48 PM

My guess is anytime there is a serious developer of a new coin, they focus on making the coin unique. This is good. But at the same time, realizing they have a unique coin, they take the build it and they will come approach. Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: