Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:24:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Request for help and a good deal.  (Read 1423 times)
alephi (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:07:02 AM

Call me dumb, but I am stranded in the Philippines after my (ex)partner walked off with all my assets.  I need to raise about 1350GBP / 2000USD to return to the UK and get a job. I'm offering 100% interest on a 10 week loan to me, in part or whole, or some negotiable amount based on BTC exchange rate movements. I can provide details of my professional background, personal identity and credible UK based references to any lenders or anyone who thinks this might be a scam. 

Any alternative solutions would also be of interest.

My address is 1PPcjmrjKMh4zsrzpF6j4DiKykCfhZ2fz6.

Please PM me if you can assist.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 11:00:28 AM

Call me dumb, but I am stranded in the Philippines after my (ex)partner walked off with all my assets.  I need to raise about 1350GBP / 2000USD to return to the UK and get a job. I'm offering 100% interest on a 10 week loan to me, in part or whole, or some negotiable amount based on BTC exchange rate movements. I can provide details of my professional background, personal identity and credible UK based references to any lenders or anyone who thinks this might be a scam. 

Smiley "but I am stranded in the Philippines after my (ex)partner walked off with all my assets.  I need to raise about 1350GBP / 2000USD to return to the UK and get a job"

1. this forum is not a charity
2. if you have a collateral someone will help you (collateral in worth of a loan)
3. I think ticket to UK is much cheaper.
4. sorry to hear that you are in need, but you know the rules and you know how this forum works Smiley
    loans like this one are dismissed if no collateral offered.
pbj sammich

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

Fighting Liquid with Liquid

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:15:16 AM

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but this should probably go into the Lending section https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=65.0

Zooey

Activity: 241

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:21:30 PM

In case it may help:

British Embassy, Manila https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-manila
120 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Hill
1634 Taguig City
Philippines
Email: ukinthephilippines@fco.gov.uk
Telephone: +63 2 858 2200

Opening hours: Monday to Friday - 8:00am to 4:45pm
Call +63 2 858 2200 if you urgently require consular assistance outside normal office hours.

United Kingdom Consulate Philippines
Villa Terrace, Greenhills Road, Casuntingan
Mandaue City
Cebu
Philippines
Email: Cons.Manila@fco.gov.uk
Phone:  +63-2-858-2200

Support for British nationals abroad: A guide — https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/support-for-british-nationals-abroad-a-guide

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 01:48:20 PM

Yes well Smiley Elizabeth II will buy you a ticket - this is quite possible indeed.

People from UK are in her will to help.
jodybay

Activity: 266

if you want something do something!!!

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 03:08:29 AM

where are you in philippines?? i might help you with some other stuff but i cant help you with BTC
the post above me is correct you should go to uk embassy and tell them your story they can help
you

and P.S even though im a filipina but dont trust all your funds with the girls in here im not saying all but atleast try to save a 30 to 60% of your money

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience - PRIMEDICE 3 COMING 9TH AUGUST @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Duomo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:35:04 AM

Okay, your dumb. Why would you not have backup money just in case if something went sour. I hate to break it to you but the best thing to do is to go the UK embassy to try to get this sorted out. You will not get a loan just promising that you pay something back with only a backup of identity, your professional and your references in the UK.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:54:51 AM

and P.S even though im a filipina but dont trust all your funds with the girls in here im not saying all but atleast try to save a 30 to 60% of your money

Jody give him some of his money back so he can get a ticket. Really now.

jodybay

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 07:12:23 AM

Jody give him some of his money back so he can get a ticket. Really now.

i didnt say that i will give him a money Cheesy

PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience - PRIMEDICE 3 COMING 9TH AUGUST @PrimeDice
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:50:39 AM

I really don't see why you couldn't just go to your local embassy and seek some help there. If you were legit I'm pretty sure they'd have no problems helping you:

a) get in touch with relatives who can arrange for your travel
b) fly you over themselves

Plus, how is having BTC going to help you pay for your fare, you'd need to convert that into fiat before it's of any use.
alephi (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:03:05 AM

In response to various replies above:

Apologies for not presenting this request correctly in the first place.

I do have some collateral in the Philippines.
Getting to my UK destination involves bus and train journeys plus 2 flights.  I also have a small debt here to settle and need to eat until I depart. It's probable that I could get to the UK for less but I'd be leaving myself open to more problems.
The person in question was my partner for 6 years. Sooner or later you have to trust the person you're with to some  extent. Obviously I made a mistake.
The embassy will help me to contact a sponsor in much the same way as I am doing here. They will not lend money.
My family do not have the means and I wish to avoid the immense distress this would cause my elderly mother.
If I were to make my identity, professional background and references known to any lenders, I think concerns about repayment would be greatly reduced.
I can sell BTC and transfer funds to my UK bank account and/or into cash here.
Any amount I can raise here would be immensely helpful, even if I can't reach my target.
I am in Moalboal, Cebu, about 3 hours bus ride south of Cebu City.
jodybay

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 05:41:42 AM

In response to various replies above:

Apologies for not presenting this request correctly in the first place.

I do have some collateral in the Philippines.
Getting to my UK destination involves bus and train journeys plus 2 flights.  I also have a small debt here to settle and need to eat until I depart. It's probable that I could get to the UK for less but I'd be leaving myself open to more problems.
The person in question was my partner for 6 years. Sooner or later you have to trust the person you're with to some  extent. Obviously I made a mistake.
The embassy will help me to contact a sponsor in much the same way as I am doing here. They will not lend money.
My family do not have the means and I wish to avoid the immense distress this would cause my elderly mother.
If I were to make my identity, professional background and references known to any lenders, I think concerns about repayment would be greatly reduced.
I can sell BTC and transfer funds to my UK bank account and/or into cash here.
Any amount I can raise here would be immensely helpful, even if I can't reach my target.
I am in Moalboal, Cebu, about 3 hours bus ride south of Cebu City.

oh man your so far away some of the philippine bitcoiner here is located in manila i thought you were near so i can help you with some other things maybe bring you to frat house so you can have a place to stay while resolving your problem
you obiously have internet connection why dont you try to contact your friends or some relative and tell them your situation

PRIMEDICE
alephi (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:38:15 PM

Thanks Jody, I'm staying in the house of a friend who has returned to the UK for a while so I'm not on the street, just penniless. I really appreciate the offer though.
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 10:44:43 PM

Thanks Jody, I'm staying in the house of a friend who has returned to the UK for a while so I'm not on the street, just penniless. I really appreciate the offer though.

So why you cannot earn money if you are waiting anyway?
Try to do something... better than asking people to send you money Smiley

I wish you will resolve your problems fast.

Cheers.
alephi (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 07:42:46 AM

Try to do something... better than asking people to send you money

Yes, I'm looking for work on Freelancer.com and the like. Nothing so far.
It's not in my nature to sit around doing nothing and I'm not looking for a free handout. Nor do I like borrowing money.
jodybay

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 07:48:04 AM

Try to do something... better than asking people to send you money

Yes, I'm looking for work on Freelancer.com and the like. Nothing so far.
It's not in my nature to sit around doing nothing and I'm not looking for a free handout. Nor do I like borrowing money.

you can try to work on some call center there in cebu

PRIMEDICE
alephi (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:22:50 AM

I did look at Call Centre and teaching English work. Only problem is I don't even have the bus fare to Cebu City now. Also I am a UK citizen not a Filipino and cannot get a work permit for regular work here. I'm actively seeking work through Freelancers.com but they hold payments for 14 days even assuming I can get work there.

It does look as if I will get a loan from a friend but not for about 6 weeks. Consequently, I only need to find about 300 USD to get by on, or the equivalent in BTC, if I'm prepared to hang on and hope he'll keep his word.

Alternatively, as a sign of my desperation, I'm prepared to offer 200% on the original request. I know I can walk into an extremely well paid contract in the UK and have several agencies ready with employment the moment I arrive in the UK.  I can verify this.

I can also provide my UK passport details, a valid UK address, access to my LinkedIn and Facebook pages, my UK bank details, my Philippines and UK phone numbers and UK references.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3057

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 05:17:15 PM

Obvious scam.  Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Duomo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:24:39 AM

You have internet access for four plus days and it doesn't sound like your starving to death or dehydrated?
Welcome to your home ?  Grin
alephi (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:28:20 AM

Obvious scam?

I offer multiple credible UK references, UK bank details, UK passport details, a verified UK address, my online personal (Facebook) and professional (LinkedIn) profiles and a background which can be checked and verified.  I can also do cam2cam on Skype or YM to further verify my identity and whereabouts and show bank cards, passport etc.

I can also produce copies of my bank statements showing an address and previous income in the UK, evidence of previous employment in the UK, recent offers of employment in the UK and various other details which support what I say.

As I said before, I am staying at a friends house and my money is nearly out. It is not out yet, I have about 200 pesos, or about 5 dollars left. That's food for about 4 more days, a week at most.

I also have limited and very slow internet access which I have to pay for using a pay as you go usb modem. That expires on Monday.

What other information would you like?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: