Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:28:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp closed my Account - no notification  (Read 746 times)
Jeronimus (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:51:26 AM

Anyone else experienced this?

I tried to log onto my verified Bitstamp account today, just to find out that my password is not working.

There was no mail sent to me indicating this.

I tried the "forgot password" option, entering my email, yet i get no mail sent to me either.

luckily i withdrew my funds some time ago, so there wasn't really anything on it.

Some time ago, someone used my email, he probably got from some other site i used it on, to reset my password. He however did not get hold of my email account as there was no mention of it in the google mail history of any other IP logging in.

I changed my password back to my old pass back then and logged in to just check. It worked.

grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:18:34 PM

Isn't it a bit of a stretch to go from "I can't log in to Bitstamp" to "Bitstamp closed my account without warning" without actually hearing anything from Bitstamp to explain what has happened?
blacksails

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:29:07 PM

Anyone else experienced this?

I tried to log onto my verified Bitstamp account today, just to find out that my password is not working.

There was no mail sent to me indicating this.

I tried the "forgot password" option, entering my email, yet i get no mail sent to me either.

luckily i withdrew my funds some time ago, so there wasn't really anything on it.

Some time ago, someone used my email, he probably got from some other site i used it on, to reset my password. He however did not get hold of my email account as there was no mention of it in the google mail history of any other IP logging in.

I changed my password back to my old pass back then and logged in to just check. It worked.

To me it sounds like someone has hacked your account, not that Bitstamp has closed it.
Jeronimus (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:49:46 PM

Isn't it a bit of a stretch to go from "I can't log in to Bitstamp" to "Bitstamp closed my account without warning" without actually hearing anything from Bitstamp to explain what has happened?

wouldn't then at least the "forgot password" option work as in sending me an email?

This is why i assume they closed it... unless the forgot password recovery option is not working on their site.

I doubt anyone hacked my account because he would have to get access to my gmail which the history details do not show.

If i had a trojan on my PC, i am sure he would have gone for my btc-e account rather than the bitstamp one..

edit: But maybe you are right and i am jumping too fast on conclusions. I sent a mail to support waiting for a response to solve this mystery
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: