Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:53:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Coin! I have turned off my Rigs?  (Read 751 times)
newboi (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:16:33 AM

I Have turned off my rigs!

I have been mining scrypt altcoins since early December when it was introduced to me and i currently have mining power of 15,000KHS. I have now decided to turn off my rigs and have a think about whats next for me?

There doesn't seem to be a coin which is profitable to mine anymore and barely cover my electricity and it now seems to be the fact with everycoin unless your willing to mine a coin which in unprofitable and then will rise in value to cover your current costs which is risky to me with so many coins out there. You also have the chance to jump onto new coins and grab some early but even this is now a dieing way to do things now with the asics being used!

I have been looking at the new x11 coins and thinking about mining Vertcoin but i really dont know what to do now as it has been so easy up until this point? Scrypt is now dead to me as i firmly believe in the crypto currency world that it should be controlled by the people who have gpu mining rigs in their bedrooms or basements just like me, this is where it started and where it should carry on. Asics are not fair and why should only a handfull of people get to have such great mining power and make everyone else cry out!

So what shall i do? Shall i keep my rigs turned off and sit and watch or can anyone give me a little help and find a solution to help me or to help us, i just do not know what to mine?

There is no point mining, i should use my electricity money to buy bitcoin?

I love crypto currencies and really want to stay involved with them and i really hope we can keep the gpu mining rigs of the world running for ever  Wink

PLEASE HELP

PhattyBanks

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:26:59 AM

sell your rigs on craigslist like everyone else
DLow

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:46:47 AM

what would you expect? that you're the only person on earth to willingly accept free money?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:56:01 AM

what would you expect? that you're the only person on earth to willingly accept free money?

that's the real problem, we are too many in this earth
CoinBreader

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:21:09 AM

when bitcoin get up to his feet keep them off, or you can mine some PoS coins HBN,PHS,MINT (hashco.ws) BC , ECC
tom_o

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:33:44 AM

Keep on mining till it would be cheaper to buy coins.
newboi (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:34:07 AM

what is the best x11 coin out at the moment?
vrm86

Activity: 676

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:05:32 AM

Get pencil, some piece of paper, calculator and do your research. You can chceck mining pools stats for current mining efficiency, exchanges for current prices.
Make some effort to keep your business going.
yogibaer
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:48:56 PM

rent your rig.
grippy54

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:06:13 PM

I agree with your feeling that little-guy miners with gpu rigs in their basement should be the heart of crypto mining. I think the answer is to get on board with a coin that follows the same philosophy. There are many coins out there whose stated goal is ASIC and multipool resistance. Vertcoin is one, but there are many.
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:32:37 PM

Rent your mining rig or google altcoin mining calculators and decide yourself Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: