Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:33:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] BitPing.Net - A bitcoin notify service  (Read 6919 times)
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 04:42:38 PM

Just thought you should know, on the bitping.com website, the currency pair quotes are written wrong.

You have them set as USDBTC, EURBTC, etc, but you should have them reversed.  In the forex nomenclature, the first currency is called the base currency and the second currency would be the quote currency.  What this means is that the price you list will represents how much of the quote currency is needed for you to get one unit of the base currency.

So if you are saying USDBTC is 10.50 then that means you need 10.50 BTC to purchase 1 USD.  Instead you should list them all as BTCUSD, BTCEUR, ect.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 06:36:07 PM

Just thought you should know, on the bitping.com website, the currency pair quotes are written wrong.

You have them set as USDBTC, EURBTC, etc, but you should have them reversed.  In the forex nomenclature, the first currency is called the base currency and the second currency would be the quote currency.  What this means is that the price you list will represents how much of the quote currency is needed for you to get one unit of the base currency.

So if you are saying USDBTC is 10.50 then that means you need 10.50 BTC to purchase 1 USD.  Instead you should list them all as BTCUSD, BTCEUR, ect.

Or add a slash... USD/BTC is 10.3 atm, but USDBTC is 0.097

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
stochastic

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:34:20 PM

No, in forex lingo even with a slash between the first currency and the second currency means the same thing as without.  In other words USDBTC, USD:BTC, USD/BTC, all mean the same thing.  The slash does not me 'per' and it is not a math equation.  It is just a marker to separate the base currency (the first currency) and the quoted currency (the second currency).

I know it seems ass backwards, but this is just the way the it is.

To write it correctly it would have to be BTC/USD.  This means that how much USD is required for 1 BTC.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 04:16:25 AM

No, in forex lingo even with a slash between the first currency and the second currency means the same thing as without.  In other words USDBTC, USD:BTC, USD/BTC, all mean the same thing.  The slash does not me 'per' and it is not a math equation.  It is just a marker to separate the base currency (the first currency) and the quoted currency (the second currency).

To write it correctly it would have to be BTC/USD.  This means that how much USD is required for 1 BTC.

I have a degree in math so I literally read that as USD per BTC, so it's not wrong in my head.  If the forex community actually uses the slash like that then they are retarded.  I'm fine with them switching the order as one unit or with a colon, but / is per or division.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
stochastic

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 04:24:56 AM

I have a degree in math so I literally read that as USD per BTC, so it's not wrong in my head.  If the forex community actually uses the slash like that then they are retarded.  I'm fine with them switching the order as one unit or with a colon, but / is per or division.

This is what happens when bureaucrats make decisions.

Currency pairs are written by concatenating the ISO currency codes (ISO 4217) of the base currency and the counter currency, separating them with a slash character. Often the slash character is omitted. A widely traded currency pair is the relation of the euro against the US dollar, designated as EUR/USD. The quotation EUR/USD 1.2500 means that one euro is exchanged for 1.2500 US dollars.

edmundedgar

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

https://www.realitykeys.com

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2012, 06:35:34 AM

This looks great.

Any chance of getting 0-confirmations as an option on the one-shot API as well?
WorldOfBitcoin

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 05:20:58 AM

Hey,

I'm working with bitping and am getting a bug. I have it set up so the HTTP POST is set to a PHP script on my webserver that send's a SMS message via Twillo anytime there is a transfer.

The test msg in the API works every time. I am able to pass data (btc amount hash ext) just fine to the cell via SMS.

The service worked for the first day; although now I am not receiving SMS msg's on transfers. I am getting email's but for some reason the HTTP POST is not getting sent, or my server isn't picking it up.

I'm not sure where to start debugging this as the test msg is working every time.

anyone run into this before?     
edmundedgar

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 02:56:00 AM

Just trying to get this code working - can someone help me get zero-confirmations notifications working? I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious or if the instructions / code are missing from Github.

I'm seeing a monitor script, "bpn/monitor/unconfirmed-monitor.php", looking at a table called active_uncomfirmed_monitors. This seems to get populated by a script called "bpn/www/tx.php", which expects a load of json_encoded Bitcoin transactions, presumably unconfirmed ones.

But what's supposed to be hitting tx.php, and where's it getting its transaction information from?
MORA (OP)

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 04:09:32 PM

Just trying to get this code working - can someone help me get zero-confirmations notifications working? I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious or if the instructions / code are missing from Github.

I'm seeing a monitor script, "bpn/monitor/unconfirmed-monitor.php", looking at a table called active_uncomfirmed_monitors. This seems to get populated by a script called "bpn/www/tx.php", which expects a load of json_encoded Bitcoin transactions, presumably unconfirmed ones.

But what's supposed to be hitting tx.php, and where's it getting its transaction information from?

Hi,

You need to run a modified bitcoin client that does the calling of tx.php.
The patch is linked from the bitping page, but im afraid its quite a few versions back from the main bitcoin tree, so it may not cleanly patch up against the newest version.

https://github.com/MORA99/bitcoin (Patch by stucpp)
edmundedgar

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2013, 02:03:00 AM

Ah, got it. Built the modified client and ran it as discussed here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=printpage;topic=56868.0
...and now I'm getting the requests coming through to tx.php.

Many thanks.
mrmoj

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 02:52:38 AM

Thank you for your contribution to the community... I hope someone has the resources to pick it up and carry it into the future!
Herbert

Activity: 488

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 08:11:08 AM

Always sad to see a good project go down Sad
We had some discussion in the beginning on creating a unified API so users could use bitping and bitcoinmonitor together, but never really tracked that plan...

In case someone is looking for a similar service you can try http://www.bitcoinmonitor.net/ (Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64195.0).

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!
WorldOfBitcoin

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 09:52:30 PM

im trying to deploy bitping.net from the github

I got most of the way but im unable to get the full menu bar to propagate (just getting start)

and I had to comment out

//require("notifications.php");
//require("notification.php");

because I cant find either of those in the gethub?

I made an order and now im digging around for it.

If my VPS can handle it id be willing to host this.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 06:21:20 AM

oh man can i export my list?

aantonop

Activity: 196
Merit: 116

Entrepreneur, coder, hacker, pundit, humanist.

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 07:30:32 AM

Is there interest in this service, if I offered it as part of the btcprice.info site? (price notifications)

I am expanding to include both channels (email, pubnub etc) and more triggers.

What exactly was unique about this service, that is different from bitcoinmonitor?

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 02:02:10 AM

I use it a lot to know when pools pay me

WorldOfBitcoin

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:56:15 PM

Is there interest in this service, if I offered it as part of the btcprice.info site? (price notifications)

I am expanding to include both channels (email, pubnub etc) and more triggers.

What exactly was unique about this service, that is different from bitcoinmonitor?

bitping posted the source code so I can run the server myself. (if i can ever get this thing going) looking for a gethub or something for bitcoin monitor and cant find it or anything else similar.

aantonop

Activity: 196
Merit: 116

Entrepreneur, coder, hacker, pundit, humanist.

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 11:01:12 PM

What is a gethub?

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 07:33:02 AM

subbed

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: