Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:21:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best trading-bot?  (Read 6842 times)
Jessi (OP)

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2011, 12:05:10 AM

Hello everyone,
I´ve got a Question about trading-bots. I looked around for a while and saw that there are many bots now. Has anyone some good experiences with a bot? Which one you would suggest?

Best wishes,
Jessi

www.Bitcoin-Tools.de - Price Alert & Calculator [OUTDATED!]
A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 29, 2011, 12:22:03 AM

Hello everyone,
I´ve got a Question about trading-bots. I looked around for a while and saw that there are many bots now. Has anyone some good experiences with a bot? Which one you would suggest?

Best wishes,
Jessi

I suggest reading through a few of them, picking your favorite strategy, and rewriting it in a language you are very comfortable with.  Then, you can tweak it as you go.  No bot is perfect, and the more bots that behave identically, the more profit there is to be made by tricking those bots.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2011, 05:56:20 AM

I gave up looking at half-finished source code for other people's bots and decided I would have to code one from scratch to get it to work and hopefully make money.  Too big of a project for me when I have a full time job managing an enterprise infrastructure at work.
smickles

Activity: 446

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2011, 06:01:32 AM

I think it tends to be the case that the good ones never see release.

cloon

Activity: 387

View Profile
December 29, 2011, 10:04:50 AM

looking for a c++ basic bot....
i know how to make a bot decide, how much it will invest (functions, classes, arrays, bools, etc... for generating a percentage risk and data management), but i have no idea, how to make it interact with Mtgox...

does anyone have a basic c++ bot, whitch can get data and simply buy and sell?

donations to 13zWUMSHA7AzGjqWmJNhJLYZxHmjNPKduY
ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2011, 02:43:36 PM

i know how to make a bot decide, how much it will invest (functions, classes, arrays, bools, etc... for generating a percentage risk and data management), but i have no idea, how to make it interact with Mtgox...

Someone should create a bot-as-a-service platform.
It would be highly configurable and customizable. Hell, for all I care, you could submit a short JS snippet as a "strategy" for your bot - that would be your "secret sauce" over your competitors.

You could add Genetic Programming to the mix.

Something along the lines of Covestor.

Of course the downside is that you'll have to trust the person running the bot platform.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2011, 07:54:15 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2011, 08:23:20 PM by Serge

interacting with an api is the simplest of the tasks,  do a search for c++ send http post ,  libcurl
smickles

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2011, 07:55:51 PM

on bitcoin.it there is the mtgox API with examples

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2011, 12:44:43 AM

Thanks for your answers, but anyway they do not answer my question.
I am not a programmer and I am not able to do a bot on my own. If I would, I never have asked for best bot. ;-)

So, what are bots and where can I find them?

If there are no bots, maybe there is software around which is normally used by daytraders and which could be adapted for bitcoin which makes trading much easyer?

A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
smickles

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2011, 12:53:27 AM

Thanks for your answers, but anyway they do not answer my question.
I am not a programmer and I am not able to do a bot on my own. If I would, I never have asked for best bot. ;-)

So, what are bots and where can I find them?

If there are no bots, maybe there is software around which is normally used by daytraders and which could be adapted for bitcoin which makes trading much easyer?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6019.0

nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 01:04:31 AM

Someone should create a bot-as-a-service platform.
It would be highly configurable and customizable. Hell, for all I care, you could submit a short JS snippet as a "strategy" for your bot - that would be your "secret sauce" over your competitors.

You could add Genetic Programming to the mix.

Something along the lines of Covestor.

Of course the downside is that you'll have to trust the person running the bot platform.

https://dnnbitcoin.aricie.com/
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2011, 01:08:11 AM

Regarding Sierra Chart, I gave it a try, and it seem to make decicions a bit easyier, but I can not automate with that any thing, right?

And regarding the DNN-Aricie-Bot: I´ve got allready a test-account there, but it seem not to work in any way for me. I tried the defaults which did not work, but placed some asks for me with nearly no result. And then I modified it and it does not place any ask or bid any more. I am not sure if it is working or at early alpha stage? Someone expierences with it?

nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 01:15:13 AM

Do you understand how DNN-Aricie-Bot works? I never used it (and I'm not sure if it is working 100%), but I think that the default algorithm is to place a few bids/asks around currency prices and try to profit from the price swings. If there are no price swings, you probably won't see a lot of action...

Regarding other bots, there are two main issues with using someone else's bot:
- An open source bot will not be very profitable (it probably won't be profitable at all) because other people can take advantage of the pre-defined strategy and trick the bot into making wrong decisions.
- Most bots need constant adjustments to remain profitable, so if you don't understand the code you can't make these adjustments.

Because of these two points most people end up writing something themselves with a more personalized strategy.
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2011, 01:27:23 AM

I understood that the Bot places some asks "over" the actual price, but in my example it placed it with such a large distance, that it wouldn´t be reached over weeks. What I would like to see are placements only  >5 and <10 Cent difference to actual prices and fast updates if the price changes and/or buys/sells are done for example. I do not understand this bot good enough to do such setting to give it a try...

notme
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 01:58:29 AM

I understood that the Bot places some asks "over" the actual price, but in my example it placed it with such a large distance, that it wouldn´t be reached over weeks. What I would like to see are placements only  >5 and <10 Cent difference to actual prices and fast updates if the price changes and/or buys/sells are done for example. I do not understand this bot good enough to do such setting to give it a try...

There's a python bot called liquidbot or mabye liquiditybot on github.  It does just that.

trogdorjw73

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2011, 02:06:57 AM

There's a python bot called liquidbot or mabye liquiditybot on github.  It does just that.
I've actually got that... apparently it's using a deprecated MtGox interface now, so it might break in the next couple of months (March 2012 is when the deprecated interface is apparently going to go away).

notme
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 02:27:35 AM

I've actually got that... apparently it's using a deprecated MtGox interface now, so it might break in the next couple of months (March 2012 is when the deprecated interface is apparently going to go away).

That's true, but it's not hard to update to the new authentication scheme.  Of course if you can't program it may be a little harder, but necessity is the mother of invention.  Regardless, you will go broke quick if you can't tweak you bot.

notme
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2011, 02:29:24 AM

Or I'll update it for you for 5BTC... Pm me if you want to go this route.  I can have it done before Monday.

fible1
Legendary

Activity: 1183

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 11:37:17 AM

My Chrome extension is among the best right now fro two reasons. It's solid code packed with features, and I offer free personalised support over  phone, chat and email to help you with setup and initial operation as well as any questions you may have regarding the bots logic or operation.

Current features include:

1. Full EMA trading on Gox.
3. You can set different trading windows, 1 minute, 15 minutes, 30 minties, 45 minutes and 1 hour.
4. You can set two different threshold for buy and sell commands. You will be notified when the EMA value passes threshold 1 but the bot will only trade after the EMA value has passed threshold 2. Thats 2 threshold for buy and 2 thresholds for sell that you can set.
5. The bot now displays a beautiful graph to show you the trend.
6. There is an arrow on the display showing whether the trend is going up or down.
7. The bot will EMAIL YOU once a threshold has been crossed and once a trade has been made (beta), please note you need a FREE account at postmarkapp.com, which grants you 10,000 free emails, thats about 8 years worth of free bot operation.

Upcoming features include:

1. Segregation of funds on MTGOX, trade only what you want to trade.

2. Arbitrage alert bot.

3. Support for BTC-E Trading

4. Support for BitStamp Trading

5. Any suggestions? Email me for inclusion in the bot!

As long as the bot keeps selling we will keep adding features and taking requests, we hope to make this the best bot out there!

Just email me if you have any questions: fible1@yahoo.com Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
massivebitman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 11:44:34 AM

my trading bot is the best... I'll sell it to you for 1000BTC

I worked it out and if you had run my bot for 5 months from November to early April a $50000 investment would be worth about
$1.2 Million...

You'd be a fucking millionaire with my bot, and I'm prepared to sell it to you for just 1000 BTC!!!

San1ty

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:46:06 AM

my trading bot is the best... I'll sell it to you for 1000BTC

I worked it out and if you had run my bot for 5 months from November to early April a $50000 investment would be worth about
$1.2 Million...

You'd be a fucking millionaire with my bot, and I'm prepared to sell it to you for just 1000 BTC!!!

I love a buy and hold bot!

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
fible1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 03:46:45 PM

We've launched our new website!

Check us out!

www.btcbots.com

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
dandirk

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:21:17 PM

Check us out!

www.btcbots.com

Don't want to put your project down but at least change the UI a bit, it is obvious you pretty much stole most of it from the google app that is available (I apologize if you are the google app dev).  I am not saying that is a bad thing whole heatedly, you added email notification which is cool but for almost 1 BTC, better get more features then email notifications.

The buy/sell threshold 1 and 2 is confusing... Call them what they are... a notification threshold and a buy/sell threshold.

Also adding logging or "test" mode would be nice so people could test your bot before they use it.

Add some value with advanced "normal" trading, like stop loss trades or something.
fible1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 07:35:35 PM

Check us out!

www.btcbots.com

Don't want to put your project down but at least change the UI a bit, it is obvious you pretty much stole most of it from the google app that is available (I apologize if you are the google app dev).  I am not saying that is a bad thing whole heatedly, you added email notification which is cool but for almost 1 BTC, better get more features then email notifications.

The buy/sell threshold 1 and 2 is confusing... Call them what they are... a notification threshold and a buy/sell threshold.

Also adding logging or "test" mode would be nice so people could test your bot before they use it.

Add some value with advanced "normal" trading, like stop loss trades or something.

Challenge Accepted! Check out the stills and features of the new bot; OUT NOW!

We have just updated out EMA bot to Version 1.1, which solves a lot of the issues discussed on this thread. An explanation of new features below with accompanying pictures Smiley.

Get it at: www.btcbots.com
Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197175.msg2051530#msg2051530

Features:

1. GREATLY improved stability regarding Mt.Gox lag and API issues. Don't watch your bot crash when Mt.Gox is on the Fritz!
2. Support for EURO trading!
3. Trailing stop loss! Get out when you want to get out, no need for EMA value adjustments, just set stop loss and stop worrying!
4. Completely redesigned interface!
5. Bot can now accept NEGATIVE THRESHOLDS!
6. Graph interface included in options menu to help with bot trading value adjustments.
7.. EMA Lines added to the Graph.
8. Option to disable trading temporarily without having to shut the bot down.
9. 2 Day graph in main interface.
10. Same UNLIMITED world class tech support included for the installation and initial operation phase of your bot. More upgrades coming soon.

11. And best of all, it's a FREE upgrade for existing customers! and you can still use coupon code TB0874 for 10% OFF instantly!

Screenshots of the current version (V1.1):

Any questions? Please email me:

pablo@btcbots.com

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
rajeshkpucsd

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 03:26:27 PM

check us out
https://marketmaker.in/
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: