OK, here's something I would like to ask EVERYONE, my fellow PLEBS, in the topic,
A simple question - If a product is marketed as "Halal", does that actually mean it's a better product? OR is it currently used merely as a marketing "gimmick" to convince people that the product is "better"?
It's not a better product, in my opinion. It is what Muslims consume, and I believe they have taken out some ingredients so that they can market it to the Middle Eastern countries with many Muslims living there. If a product is being sold internationally, it's best if it can satisfy everyone. Muslims or non-Muslims, and it's
not the consumers that should adjust; it is the company that makes it that should do it. So the choice would be to create two products instead of one, but with almost the same ingredients. The other one would be halal and the other just regular.
Should the "halal" choice be more expensive because it was made specially for it? No, I don't think so, but the market and the product distribution should be focused on countries with many Muslims to get better profits.