Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:28:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Looking for a 30 BTC loan - Repay 35 in 2 weeks  (Read 1272 times)
Distribution (OP)

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 10:03:33 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2011, 06:59:46 PM by Distribution

Anyone interested in loaning me some Bitcoins?
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cdhowie

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2011, 10:15:59 PM

I might if I knew what it was for.  I'd have to be able to assess the risk.  Wink

Tips are always welcome and can be sent to 1CZ8QgBWZSV3nLLqRk2BD3B4qDbpWAEDCZ

Thanks to ye, we have the final piece.

PGP key fingerprint: 2B7A B280 8B12 21CC 260A  DF65 6FCE 505A CF83 38F5

SerajewelKS @ #bitcoin-otc
Distribution (OP)

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 10:30:18 PM

I might if I knew what it was for.  I'd have to be able to assess the risk.  Wink

It's for a time sensitive purchase. I'm mining in a pool receiving 2-3 BTC a day (which is plenty enough to have the payment in 14 days). I also have a dedicated mining rig on the way in which will be installed my spare 5830 (so another 2-3 BTC/day). My average has been 2.38 BTC/day in the pool http://www.bitcoinpool.com/user.php?u=Distribution. However, that includes the couple of days the pool was attacked and I had to mine in other pools. It also includes the two days that I OC'd my GPU too much and it crashed. If it came down to it, I would make sure I have the BTC through a cash purchase.

EDIT: Congratulations on your Daily Bitcoin win by the way.
cdhowie

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2011, 10:38:34 PM

It's for a time sensitive purchase. I'm mining in a pool receiving 2-3 BTC a day (which is plenty enough to have the payment in 14 days). I also have a dedicated mining rig on the way in which will be installed my spare 5830 (so another 2-3 BTC/day). My average has been 2.38 BTC/day in the pool http://www.bitcoinpool.com/user.php?u=Distribution. However, that includes the couple of days the pool was attacked and I had to mine in other pools. It also includes the two days that I OC'd my GPU too much and it crashed. If it came down to it, I would make sure I have the BTC through a cash purchase.

Ok, I think I'll accept; PM me the address you will receive at.

If you are willing, would you mind repaying a bit over time from your mining activity instead of all at once after two weeks?  If I see a little bit coming in every few days I'll be more comfortable.  Smiley  Not trying to question your intentions or anything like that, this is just my first such loan and I want it all to go smoothly.

Tips are always welcome and can be sent to 1CZ8QgBWZSV3nLLqRk2BD3B4qDbpWAEDCZ

Thanks to ye, we have the final piece.

PGP key fingerprint: 2B7A B280 8B12 21CC 260A  DF65 6FCE 505A CF83 38F5

SerajewelKS @ #bitcoin-otc
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 10:46:04 PM

That was quick.

Pity, I would have loaned that much, to a forum member with your history, for 32 bitcoins in two weeks.

5 bitcoins interest is about 16% in two weeks, or an APR over 400%, roughly ten times the inflation rate.

Even 2 bitcoin would have been a harsh rate of about 6% in two weeks, or over 150% APR.

We need a bitcoin version of Prosper.com for a short term bitcoin credit market, as it seems we really are approaching the point that is viable.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Distribution (OP)

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
April 09, 2011, 01:56:06 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2011, 02:37:08 AM by Distribution

Ok, I think I'll accept; PM me the address you will receive at.

If you are willing, would you mind repaying a bit over time from your mining activity instead of all at once after two weeks?  If I see a little bit coming in every few days I'll be more comfortable.  Smiley  Not trying to question your intentions or anything like that, this is just my first such loan and I want it all to go smoothly.

How about this: I'll pay you 2 BTC with the option to pay it off in one week (on the 7th day) at 33 BTC. After that, if I don't take the 33 BTC option, I will continue paying the 2 BTC a day with the remainder of the 35 at the end. Or if you would rather just take the 35, I could do like 1 BTC a day with the remainder being paid off on the last day. I just wouldn't feel comfortable promising an equal share daily.

That was quick.

Pity, I would have loaned that much, to a forum member with your history, for 32 bitcoins in two weeks.

5 bitcoins interest is about 16% in two weeks, or an APR over 400%, roughly ten times the inflation rate.

Even 2 bitcoin would have been a harsh rate of about 6% in two weeks, or over 150% APR.

We need a bitcoin version of Prosper.com for a short term bitcoin credit market, as it seems we really are approaching the point that is viable.

I knew it was high, but I wasn't sure at what price someone would loan to me. I may be a fairly well established forum member, but I have no trust history.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: