Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:50:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What people would you like to see on denominated bitcoin bills?  (Read 5139 times)
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 10:42:38 PM

I'm not sure what you're getting at, do you mean that should be on the bills, or that we should try to solve that. Did you make it? Do you have any examples of similar ones?

hi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 10:48:49 PM

Feel free to throw out suggestions and reasons. I'll do a poll after I get a decent list. Try to avoid national bias.

Hitler comes to mind as he was an equally bad idea as these bills.

Has anyone seen the boston city bills? Those things were nice looking. "Worthless", but nice.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2012, 11:04:42 PM

I'm not sure what you're getting at, do you mean that should be on the bills, or that we should try to solve that. Did you make it? Do you have any examples of similar ones?

Only as a suggestion to put the numbers on the bills, albeit abstract. I did come up with those series of numbers. I have no examples of similar ones, but believe I can create others, as can anyone else here can do once they know how my set was generated. This set is special, though, and was created to help solve only one problem. I've been working on it for years, and feel it's now time to have others work on it as well to share the glory once solved, if that makes any sense.

Feel free to throw out suggestions and reasons. I'll do a poll after I get a decent list. Try to avoid national bias.

Hitler comes to mind as he was an equally bad idea as these bills.

Has anyone seen the boston city bills? Those things were nice looking. "Worthless", but nice.

Hey, Matthew, would you be so kind as to offer up a link to see what you're speaking of? I tried Googling, but ended up with nada.

~Bruno~
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Hello!

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 11:09:43 PM

Only as a suggestion to put the numbers on the bills, albeit abstract. I did come up with those series of numbers. I have no examples of similar ones, but believe I can create others, as can anyone else here can do once they know how my set was generated. This set is special, though, and was created to help solve only one problem. I've been working on it for years, and feel it's now time to have others work on it as well to share the glory once solved, if that makes any sense.

~Bruno~

I'm still not sure what you are talking about. You're saying that if someone can figure out how you made it, that would be useful to you, or that you already know the solution and you want someone else to figure it out for fun? You should just make another thread about that, seems pretty interesting.

Anyway we should put more dead math-magicians on these. What about Pythagoras? 

hi
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2012, 11:51:21 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2012, 12:36:50 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

~Bruno~

I'm still not sure what you are talking about. You're saying that if someone can figure out how you made it, that would be useful to you, or that you already know the solution and you want someone else to figure it out for fun? You should just make another thread about that, seems pretty interesting.

Anyway we should put more dead math-magicians on these. What about Pythagoras?  

Sorry for the confusion, Mushroomized. Since you're interested, I'll start another thread. Strangely, it was the reading of Pythagoras decades ago that got me into arriving at those numbers, via Fermat that is.

I don't have the solution. Let me rephrase that. I feel I do have the solution, but need these numbers/matrix put into an equation, a task I've failed to do because of my limitations. The resulting solution will be helpful to everyone in the mathematical world. I honest believe that the talent needed to do this is available among us. I just couldn't do it myself. I always wanted the glory of being the one who discovered it and presented the results. As an older person, I desire to now share the glory. I just need a little help. We'll just make it an open source project where there is no real way where one person can say they did it, because of it being built on other's work.

The bottom line is this. If you gave me any power of any number, I can just about prove to you that there are no whole numbers that satisfy this equation: an + bn = cn
miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 10:46:02 PM

The Face of Bitcoin: It Was Born that Way

+1

And interesting stuff about the Mushroomized series. Is there a more formal name or description; not finding anything specific so far (have to start digging around Fermat's equations now)?

Nevermind, found your thread.
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2012, 10:48:32 PM

An actual mirror. It's people's currency, after all.

+1

Bitcoin is the future !
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 02:01:54 AM

Ugh.  I'm not in favour of the Gnu at all.

It has a strong association with a certain virally incompatible licensing system - which thankfully not much software in the Bitcoin world uses.

Even if (unlike me) you are a fan of the Gnu philosophy - why would you want it associated with Bitcoin?

How is it even relevant to Bitcoin? 

I think gnu has been vital in the development of software technology, but I do see how it presents issues to this project. Keep in mind that many of the utilities used for cryptography in bitcoin related software are gnu based.

While I may disagree with some of the philosophy - I still recognise it's an amazing and important contribution.
Probably for this reason I'd find Richard Stallman's ugly mug a better fit for a banknote than the Gnu..  but perhaps he would object to his image being used on money anyway.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 02:56:58 AM

PrintCoins (OP)

Activity: 533
Merit: 501

View Profile