Last I checked your publicly visible IP comes from your ISP so basically you are not even changing your IP you're kinda masking it by routing in most cases.
Maybe I don't understand you correctly, but where on the forum could you see
my IP address? There are logs of user's used IP addresses, but those aren't public to my knowledge.
If you mean what your communication partner endpoint (e.g. this forum) sees, then yes, over clearnet the forum sees the IP address your ISP has currently assigned to you; if you use e.g. Tor then the forum sees the IP address of the Tor exit node (same applies to a VPN).
Also if a single IP connection from a particular IP gets flagged and recorded as the user being a resident of that region, what then happens if I from another allowed region access my account with an IP from the restricted region.
I assume your account gets a flag that you used an IP address from a sanctioned reason and the forum won't conduct business (accept and/or exchange payments) with you. Such a flag could maybe decay after some period of time or not at all.
Frankly, this is just my assumption (makes sense to me with respect to obeying restrictions imposed by certain sanctions), only theymos or other admins who know the details can provide a definitive answer if they would want to give one.