Thanks, archived Linux and Bitcoin versions are useful for clean reconstruction, and I am using that approach for controlled feasibility work. The separate reason I’m looking for installed systems is to establish what was actually deployed together, including package revisions, linkage, updates, retained libraries, and local build history.
Your 2011 drive could be relevant if Bitcoin was actually compiled or run on it. Do you remember whether it was, approximately when, and which Linux distribution it used? If there is a reasonable possibility, please don’t boot or modify the original drive. the safest first step would be to image it or inspect a copy read-only. I’m interested only in non-secret system and provenance information—not wallet files, private keys, passwords, credentials, or funds.
Would have to check, the biggest issue is even to mount it RO I have to find something that still has 40 pin IDE.
And if it still even spins after sitting in a box after 2 office and 2 personal moves.
But, also on that note, I don't think I have made any secrets about the fact that I am a hack when it comes to things like this. I play with a lot of stuff and do things randomly depending on my mood. So if I do find it and it works what I can give you is probably not even a good representation of the time. Will check next time I am @ the storage locker where I think the old drives are.
But keep in mind:
...
I knew I had it 30 months ago when we moved offices, it was in the box of old unused HW wallets. I would clean and look for it, but I'm not that motivated. But cats...so I might.
....
I am not even sure where a box of HW wallets are in the office I actually work in most days....
-Dave